• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the History Event 2024

Kor the Conqueror

I groaned as soon as it was announced that the event would be another card battle game. At least the last one let you choose your deck style before starting. Please keep the Yu-gi-oh fans away from FoE development.
Too many temporary/consumable rewards. That doesn't help make continuing to actively play today provide the opportunity to surpass the previous "elite" players who have moved on.
This event is a chore to trudge through for the singular purpose of maxing one new building, and maybe a couple 1x1 but only the level 3 version of it.

Sharmon the Impaler

I groaned as soon as it was announced that the event would be another card battle game. At least the last one let you choose your deck style before starting. Please keep the Yu-gi-oh fans away from FoE development.
Too many temporary/consumable rewards. That doesn't help make continuing to actively play today provide the opportunity to surpass the previous "elite" players who have moved on.
This event is a chore to trudge through for the singular purpose of maxing one new building, and maybe a couple 1x1 but only the level 3 version of it.
We aren't playing for rewards any more , we are playing to be able to rent rewards for 30 minutes.

Edward _MMXIII

Past history events celebrated men & women that have passed on ; some naturally & unnaturally . Inno could not find one individual from the global population ????

Now they're cartoon cards . I think this has gone too far .

jaymoney23456

Past history events celebrated men & women that have passed on ; some naturally & unnaturally . Inno could not find one individual from the global population ????

Now they're cartoon cards . I think this has gone too far .
Yes, the graphics are horrid- matches the gameplay though. So far it seems pretty hard to even try to win the easy deck without buying extra health.

Blatantlybiased

I'm having trouble understanding the difference between my progress on the prize bar and in the league standings. The league standings say I am at 693 and in the Bronze league, while the prize bar says I'm at only 196. Looking through the prizes, it looks like I have to get to 2000 to get the main building reward to max level. I've already spent quite a bit of currency playing several card decks and if that's only gotten me to 196, I don't see how I could possibly get to 2000. In most events, if you do the whole quest line you should be able to get the main reward to max level, but I don't see how on this one. Also, I've never seen an event where there are 7 or 8 intermediate rewards on the prize bar between each upgrade of the main reward. If I can't get the main reward to max level, I don't understand why I would be doing the event.

Pericles the Lion

I'm having trouble understanding the difference between my progress on the prize bar and in the league standings. The league standings say I am at 693 and in the Bronze league, while the prize bar says I'm at only 196. Looking through the prizes, it looks like I have to get to 2000 to get the main building reward to max level. I've already spent quite a bit of currency playing several card decks and if that's only gotten me to 196, I don't see how I could possibly get to 2000. In most events, if you do the whole quest line you should be able to get the main reward to max level, but I don't see how on this one. Also, I've never seen an event where there are 7 or 8 intermediate rewards on the prize bar between each upgrade of the main reward. If I can't get the main reward to max level, I don't understand why I would be doing the event.
The Grand prize line progress uses a different algorithm than the League progress line. When you finish a deck there is a pop-up that explains the calculations. Playing only easy decks will not get a player to 2000 progress. There are not enough battle coins to support playing only hard decks. The successful strategy requires a mix of easy and hard.

Sharmon the Impaler

15 hard decks , 13 defeats and 2 wins , always and I mean always got a dud card on the first draw. My card was a kill even at minimum hit value and it didn't kill the enemy 5 times. They not only rigged the game they are outright cheating in it. The suggestion to just do easier decks would have been helpful except that the max rewards below the hardest aren't worth wiping your ... nose with let alone actually wasting time on getting.

Last edited:

Pericles the Lion

15 hard decks , 13 defeats and 2 wins , always and I mean always got a dud card on the first draw.
I can think of two causes for losing a deck. First, running out of health. Second, running out of cards. Both causes are preventable.
My card was a kill even at minimum hit value and it's didn't kill the enemy 5 times.
The enemy hits first. If you played a card with, say, 3-5 strength against an opposing card with 3, or less, health points remaining and lost you must have had let your health drop to a point equal to, or less, than the opponents minimum hit strength. If this was not the case then it's a bug.

If you played a card with, say, 4-6 strength against an opposing card with 4 or fewer health points remaining and did not kill the enemy (and did not get killed yourself) then this is a bug.

Dursland

Yeah it's pretty simple to finish the easy deck without buying health.

If you're using redraw to get favorable matchups and killing most enemies in 1 hit then you should only need about 2 heal cards. There's also the 5hp drain in final shop. Between those you shouldn't need to buy extra health in most Easy games.

I'm averaging 60 coins spent per easy game, or less. Usually less.

My goal is to get a stockpile of coins for last few days and start doing hard decks for the extra progress points.

I don't think there's any dailies I'm interested in so will just let my coins amass.

Sharmon the Impaler

I can think of two causes for losing a deck. First, running out of health. Second, running out of cards. Both causes are preventable.

The enemy hits first. If you played a card with, say, 3-5 strength against an opposing card with 3, or less, health points remaining and lost you must have had let your health drop to a point equal to, or less, than the opponents minimum hit strength. If this was not the case then it's a bug.

If you played a card with, say, 4-6 strength against an opposing card with 4 or fewer health points remaining and did not kill the enemy (and did not get killed yourself) then this is a bug.
The latter case was what happened. I will get a live stream of it , it happens about every 2nd deck.

Blatantlybiased

15 hard decks , 13 defeats and 2 wins , always and I mean always got a dud card on the first draw. My card was a kill even at minimum hit value and it's didn't kill the enemy 5 times. They not only rigged the game they are outright cheating in it. The suggestion to just do easier decks would have been helpful except that the max rewards below the hardest aren't worth wiping your ... nose with let alone actually wasting time on getting.
I think I'm running about 50/50 on the hard decks but yes, you are right that the draw of the cards is ridiculous. You either get a crap card against one of their best or vice versa. There's no possible way to beat a hard deck unless you get at least two cards every time in the card shop. That's 150 coins minimum, not to mention at least two or three heals at 85 coins each. And since the draws are so outrageously bad, you pretty much have to redraw every time for 5 coins x 15-20 turns, so that's another 75-100 coins, putting the total cost at about 500 coins per hard deck. I've played about six of them and won three, I think, and am not even 10% of the way to getting the upgrades I need for the max level building. The seven or eight intermediate rewards between upgrades is just flat out criminally abusive. I posted a question asking the difference between the GP progress bar and the league progress bar (which has me in bronze) trying to find out how I could increase my GP progress, but nobody answered, so I still don't know. At this rate, I won't get the main reward building to max level, which will be the first time I've ever completed an entire event quest line and not gotten the max level prize. If I complete the entire quest line and finish in the Bronze League (top 20%) and still don't get the main reward to max level, it's time to follow the poster above out the door and forget about FoE. Honestly, it's pretty much already time, but this cluster@I$^ will seal it for me.

Last edited:

planetofthehumans2

Another thing they got rid of on beta is they axed the selection kits, so you can ONLY get a silver garrison from medium level and ONLY get a gold garrison from hard level, there's no way to upgrade all of the level 1's.

Pericles the Lion

I think I'm running about 50/50 on the hard decks but yes, you are right that the draw of the cards is ridiculous. You either get a crap card against one of their best or vice versa. There's no possible way to beat a hard deck unless you get at least two cards every time in the card shop. That's 150 coins minimum, not to mention at least two or three heals at 85 coins each. And since the draws are so outrageously bad, you pretty much have to redraw every time for 5 coins x 15-20 turns, so that's another 75-100 coins, putting the total cost at about 500 coins per hard deck. I've played about six of them and won three, I think, and am not even 10% of the way to getting the upgrades I need for the max level building. The seven or eight intermediate rewards between upgrades is just flat out criminally abusive. I posted a question asking the difference between the GP progress bar and the league progress bar (which has me in bronze) trying to find out how I could increase my GP progress, but nobody answered, so I still don't know. At this rate, I won't get the main reward building to max level, which will be the first time I've ever completed an entire event quest line and not gotten the max level prize. If I complete the entire quest line and finish in the Bronze League (top 20%) and still don't get the main reward to max level, it's time to follow the poster above out the door and forget about FoE. Honestly, it's pretty much already time, but this cluster@I$^ will seal it for me.
Unless you are planning on buying battle coins you cannot get to the needed 2000 GP progress playing only hard decks (you won't even get to 1000). You will run out of coins long before you run out of tickets.

Blatantlybiased

My question might have been buried in the rest of my previous post, so I'll ask again, if anyone knows:

Why am I able to be in the top 20% (Bronze League) on the League table but far behind the pace to reach the max level of the main reward on the Grand Prize progress bar? What is giving me credit in the league but not for the grand prize? I am playing hard decks and winning about half of them. How is progress on the Grand Prize bar determined? Does anyone have this answer? There's no apparent explanation in the event itself, so I don't know what would work better.