• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GBG - Flipping the Script

WillyTwoShoes

I backed into this idea in a separate thread and mulled over it for a few days then decided to post it for peer review to see how it floats. I think it addresses some of the problems inherent in the current itineration of the GBG venue.

The idea:
-
Remove the build times on all GBG builds.
Add player option to pay diamonds for opening time locked zones.
-
Please to consider the implications for GBG play and Inno revenue before bringing your sarcasm to the table.

Pericles the Lion

I backed into this idea in a separate thread and mulled over it for a few days then decided to post it for peer review to see how it floats. I think it addresses some of the problems inherent in the current itineration of the GBG venue.

The idea:
-
-
Please to consider the implications for GBG play and Inno revenue before bringing your sarcasm to the table.
If implemented, what do you hope to accomplish?

WillyTwoShoes

If implemented, what do you hope to accomplish?
First let me say that any change must incorporate Inno's revenue stream or its dead on arrival. I think this addresses that aspect and might even raise the level of diamond expenditures.

I believe it would address several issues.

a. The full range of current builds is under utilized.
b. It opens up many new strategic dynamics in the venue.
c. It nullifies the use of bots.
d. It prevents any guild and their players from being locked out of the map.
- In that players on limited time schedules have opportunity
e. It does NOT penalize guilds large or small.
f. It promotes a more robust amount of player participation.

WillyTwoShoes

They can attack any sector as long as they pay enough diamonds ? That's open ended limited only by the size of the map , an insurmountable advantage to the paying player , they win everytime.
Negative. Again, the only two elements that would change are:
-
-
As currently configured only zones adjacent to a "guild occupied zone" would be eligible to be unlocked. Also, keep in mind your only unlocking a zone not conquering it with diamonds. The owning guild still gets full and immediate benefits of their builds until such time as the zone is taken.

Also let me remind everyone that the way attrition is currently capped - That limits everyone to a fixed number of moves. That becomes the great equalizer without punishing guilds or players large or small. It once again incentivizes players to greater levels of attrition reduction in their cities.

WillyTwoShoes

If your reading this I talked about strategic dynamics. Let me expand:

- Opportunity for timed attacks independent of lockouts
- Opportunity for wider use of ALL GBG builds
- Opportunity for better inter-guild partnerships

I think the ex GVG players might even appreciate the opportunity for lightning raids and defensive builds. I think it would bring a more open and fluid element to what has sorta become a staid click fest.

Last edited:

jaymoney23456

If your reading this I talked about strategic dynamics. Let me expand:

- Opportunity for timed attacks independent of lockouts
- Opportunity for wider use of ALL GBG builds
- Opportunity for better inter-guild partnerships

I think the ex GVG players might even appreciate the opportunity for lightning raids and defensive builds. I think it would bring a more open and fluid element to what has sorta become a staid click fest.
This would be another drastic change for the worse to GbG. Instead of pay to win being a huge thing, it would be the only thing!

jaymoney23456

GbG getting all new methods including city boost!
watch Ubernerd video ht tps://youtu.be/5GPT7WrzCn4?si=zQ94_yjfMS-Anry9
Make sure you watch the whole thing. The most important bits are at the end.
This is the stupidest idea i have heard yet for GbG. Good thing its just a joke. Make manual fights worth more than autobattle is moronic. Manual fights are tedious and time consuming and serve no point whatsoever. Defense boosts should be ditched all together not used in GbG too.

WillyTwoShoes

GbG getting all new methods including city boost!
watch Ubernerd video ht tps://youtu.be/5GPT7WrzCn4?si=zQ94_yjfMS-Anry9
Make sure you watch the whole thing. The most important bits are at the end.
All fooling aside :)
I watched the video that Ubernerd put together. I'd like to recommend everyone give it a look see. Its plain to see that he put a lot of thought, time, and effort into the presentation. I like the dynamics especially the relative att/def boosts in GBG zones near/far from home base. The thoughtfulness in updating the negotiation track is much needed imo.

Thank you Ubernerd!

Dominator - X

The idea:
-
-
Doesn't removing build times, directly take away a revenue source from INNO?

Allowing diamonds to be spent to unlock provinces would make GBG EVEN MORE UNBEARABLE, than it currently is. There would be little to no down time and the diamond spending would be the ONLY decider in ranking. However, it wouldn't last very long. The burnout rate would increase several fold, not just among the spenders, but among those who don't or can't, since they will have even less of a chance to win anything.

INNO aside, this is not well thought out and should be DOA at first sight.

Kor the Conqueror

GBG needs more than tweaks or additions. The grossly inflated attack boosts have outgrown the whole format. A single player can fill their entire city for attack and capture a sector alone in less than 10 minutes. I watched a one person guild wipe out 4 built sectors in the middle of the map today with less than a 15 minute delay between each, then start in on a 5th and the rest of us couldn't do anything but sit on our thumbs while they all sat locked for 4 hours. Somehow that person camps out in Gold League.

Introduce more chances to spend diamonds as if the gap between CC warriors and the rest isn't wide enough? Maybe those players need their own competitive spaces away from the rest, or provide an option where those advantages aren't allowed.

Some ideas, just so this isn't a moan post
-Cap each player's daily GBG battle attempts. A system in which a single player can dominate 7 other guilds is unacceptable. At a minimum, absolutely remove skipping attrition.
-Require a guild to declare the attack time on a chosen sector, some set period ahead of time, then start a timer to restrict the takeover attempt to a limited window.
combined with:
-Replace building with an active defense element that requires players to donate supplies/units to fortification during the attacker's window

Last edited:

WillyTwoShoes

I watched a one person guild wipe out 4 built sectors in the middle of the map today with less than a 15 minute delay between each, then start in on a 5th and the rest of us couldn't do anything but sit on our thumbs while they all sat locked for 4 hours.
This is one of the reasons I thought that a script flip might be a good idea. Giving guild players the ability to open adjacent locked zones with a diamond rush changes everything in GBG strategy (except for Inno's revenue stream).

I'll reiterate, freshly captured zones would still go into a 4 hour lockdown but with immediate GBG builds - excepting the treasury goods that must be expended. From there opposing guilds in adjacent zones may choose to unlock that zone and begin attacks.

I think the idea prevents any guild from being locked up in any given season, continues to support a diamond stream for Inno, and promotes a more dynamic level of GBG play.

The idea also takes into consideration that the current Attrition cap limits all players to the number of fights their city will support. It does not penalize any players old or new in the number of fights they are capable of achieving.

On far to many occasions I see players in for foe play as their RL schedule permits and checking in for GBG play being locked out. Those players are prevented from participating under the current GBG mechanics. They do not wait around for zones to open because RL takes priority (as it should). The script flip I have proposed opens the venue up for a lot more player participation on schedules their guilds can support.

WillyTwoShoes

This would be another drastic change for the worse to GbG. Instead of pay to win being a huge thing, it would be the only thing!
-
-

I don't see this as a drastic change and probably easily done (from a programmers standpoint). It's an idea for changing the diamond spending that is already taking place.

jaymoney23456

-
-

I don't see this as a drastic change and probably easily done (from a programmers standpoint). It's an idea for changing the diamond spending that is already taking place.
Definitely a drastic change lol

WillyTwoShoes

They can attack any sector as long as they pay enough diamonds ? That's open ended limited only by the size of the map , an insurmountable advantage to the paying player , they win everytime.
I disagree.
Once again it applies to sectors adjacent as it is currently configured in GBG. The change would be to the ability to end a lockdown prematurely with diamond spending.

Attrition applies equally to all players regardless of their level of income. Their is no unsurmountable advantage to any player, well healed on not, rather it opens up the venue for all players and more closely mimics combative reality.

I disagree.
Once again it applies to sectors adjacent as it is currently configured in GBG. The change would be to the ability to end a lockdown prematurely with diamond spending.

Attrition applies equally to all players regardless of their level of income. Their is no unsurmountable advantage to any player, well healed on not, rather it opens up the venue for all players and more closely mimics combative reality.
But a guild that does that means that there is zero time to generate VP from provinces.

Dominator - X

No. It may (via greater player participation actually increase)
No? You take away diamond rushing and it doesn't take away a revenue source? To say you think it would increase revenue through a different source (though it won't) is one thing. To say taking away rush building won't take away a revenue source is ignorance in full bloom.

Please to carefully read what has been proposed.
If you're going to be a smart *** at least make sure your smart *** comment is coherent.

Again, this is a dopey proposal that will just increase burnout and make GBG even more unbearable.

DOA!

Pericles the Lion

Hard no.

Enabling players to use diamonds to disable the 4hr lock is a recipe for disaster. It would turn GBG into a 24/7 feature. Any player could use their diamonds to unlock a sector any time they desired. This would undermine the guild's leadership and result in leaders needing to keep eyes on the map all the time in order to prevent unwanted incursions.