• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

QI was just handed to the same guilds that win GbG most weeks

NWWolverine

You would think that a game developer would design a new mini game in a way that gave all players a base starting point to compete against each other so everyone had the same opportunity in it. Why would give almost all the early battle strength to those that have completed settlement buildings in the past? I know that this makes the settlement buildings worth working on, but it just handed the winners circle to the same guilds that already win GbG each week

Ebeondi Asi

And` it took you five weeks to figure that out?
It was obvious from day one. But I should somewhat like Quantum, since I am in top Guilds. But I don't like it much because I never previously saw a need to do the Settlements.
I do agree it is for really elite players, and players who spend buckets of money, and players who happened to have done all the Settlements. They got a special deal that no one else gets so easily. And from the way things are going, no one else will have for years without a great deal of work..
Though reports from small Guilds are that the early Quantum levels are a breeze for small Guilds, and the prizes are good. So there are those reports..

NWWolverine

And` it took you five weeks to figure that out?
It was obvious from day one. But I should somewhat like Quantum, since I am in top Guilds. But I don't like it much because I never previously saw a need to do the Settlements.
I do agree it is for really elite players, and players who spend buckets of money, and players who happened to have done all the Settlements. They got a special deal that no one else gets so easily. And from the way things are going, no one else will have for years without a great deal of work..
Though reports from small Guilds are that the early Quantum levels are a breeze for small Guilds, and the prizes are good. So there are those reports..
It took me 5 weeks to really start playing and learning about it. I bounced around guilds for the first few weeks of it.
Good to hear the smaller guilds are benefiting from it.

Dursland

So you're saying QI is won by active players, like GBG is won by active players.

And you're also saying this isn't the way it should be?

What exactly then?

If you were ignoring settlements all along, that's on you. I was doing them just for the emissaries.

NWWolverine

So you're saying QI is won by active players, like GBG is won by active players.

And you're also saying this isn't the way it should be?

What exactly then?

If you were ignoring settlements all along, that's on you. I was doing them just for the emissaries.
Activity isn't what gives them the win. The boosts from the settlements give them the advantage/ability to battle more all the way through because of actions they took years ago. This gives the win to whoever has the most seasoned players in their guild that will join in.
I'm saying that a new game should have all players start from the same start line.

The Lady Redneck

But this is not a new game. QI is one part of a long existing game. You cannot discount years of effort on the part of some because others have not been playing as long as they have. Taking the game as a whole I have been playing 10+ years. And to get to where I am I have had to fight and put in the hard graft to get to where I am. I am still having to fight and work to keep up with/ stay ahead of others in the game that are doing the same as I am. And NO. I am not spending a fortune to play this game. I have friends and guild members and others in opposing guilds who are doing exactly the same. But we do not cry that "I am not getting as many rewards as those guys ahead of me!!!! We all need to scrap all our work and start over"!!!!. No.. We help each other as a guild, The old hands helping the newer guys. And also, the newer guys pointing out stuff the old hands did not see the importance of in something new. And those in the guild that have a head for strategies brain storm until they work things out. Then we all join in as best we can and work through it learning as we go.

planetofthehumans2

It'd be nice if every node had an option to fight or donate. I aint manual battling hundreds of fights thats for sure, but they'll let me donate hundreds of thousands of coins/supplies all at once. Just give players the choice, I choose to auto battle because I'm lazy and am willing to take the added cost of additional unit loss, but many people don't want to fight at all and some just want to fight them all and not donate.

Johnny B. Goode

It'd be nice if every node had an option to fight or donate. I aint manual battling hundreds of fights thats for sure, but they'll let me donate hundreds of thousands of coins/supplies all at once. Just give players the choice, I choose to auto battle because I'm lazy and am willing to take the added cost of additional unit loss, but many people don't want to fight at all and some just want to fight them all and not donate.
Yeah, being in solo guilds all I get are the opening donate nodes. It would be nice to start one out with a fighting node once in a while, just so there would be some fun to it. I think I finished one opening node so far...and got another donating node. Which is why that's the only opening node I finished. Now I don't even bother with it.

Graviton

Activity isn't what gives them the win. The boosts from the settlements give them the advantage/ability to battle more all the way through because of actions they took years ago. This gives the win to whoever has the most seasoned players in their guild that will join in.
I'm saying that a new game should have all players start from the same start line.
So start doing Settlements and catch up. Sheesh.

Flynn013

You would think that a game developer would design a new mini game in a way that gave all players a base starting point to compete against each other so everyone had the same opportunity in it. Why would give almost all the early battle strength to those that have completed settlement buildings in the past? I know that this makes the settlement buildings worth working on, but it just handed the winners circle to the same guilds that already win GbG each week
Why do you think that you are entitled to the same boosts as players who worked for them? Or do you want everyone above you in ability and boosts to be brought down to your level? What about players with less ability and strength than you? Should they be brought up to your level or would you like to have every player brought down to the level of the newest weakest players?
There is no way to make a new game or feature in FOE fair for everyone. Some players will always have more strength and boosts than others. Quit comparing yourself to others and play your own game. Nothing anyone else has affects your ability to play in any meaningfull way.

Ebeondi Asi

So start doing Settlements and catch up. Sheesh.
True. The problem is each one takes a long time to complete the main building.

I have no feeling that others should not have it, nor that I should get it free , or some nonsense of fair playing field, Rather it was a surprise, and it was a free gift for some. If Inno would have had something saying two years ago to hint making the Settlements would have future rewards, and players ignored that? then yeah totally on the players. but to give an unexpected total surprise huge bonus after the fact. that takes years to gain. .. Not exactly the same thing.
It still may seem like sour grapes? Can't fix that.

The difference between GE 5 and City boost and QI is Inno had tons of Event buildings giving City boost over the past year plus. Every Event one could gain some. It is true the History has a dribble of a boost offered. If they keep on adding on OK it'ill gradually "BALANCE" (gee how often does Inno use that word? Then this time does the exact opposite? )

Last edited:

Dominator - X

This "mindset" reminds me of many of these kids graduating from college in today's world with a Liberal Arts Degree (or any degree for that matter) and expecting to be granted a CEO position or a commensurate salary to such a title, without the experience and work. When denied, they are so shocked: "It's just not fair!!!"

Boy do they have a lot to learn.

jaymoney23456

This "mindset" reminds me of many of these kids graduating from college in today's world with a Liberal Arts Degree (or any degree for that matter) and expecting to be granted a CEO position or a commensurate salary to such a title, without the experience and work. When denied, they are so shocked: "It's just not fair!!!"

Boy do they have a lot to learn.
THe idea is a level playing field instead of just giving the same guilds an advantage that is insurmountable in everything. Guess that went over your head though.

Blatantlybiased

You might have missed it but Inno has explicitly stated that they do not want you to play unless you are one of the 200 or so members of a top 3 guild on your world.

jaymoney23456

You might have missed it but Inno has explicitly stated that they do not want you to play unless you are one of the 200 or so members of a top 3 guild on your world.
players keep gravitating towards the top 2 guild where I have my main city. Most just wanna jump on the bandwagon these days.

NWWolverine

Ok so what would you suggest have been done instead?

Inevitably anything added a older player is going to have more of or be better equipped to gather more of.
They removed GvG and the players got a token for their invested time. They could have created a building that gave different level boosts in QI based on what that player did in GvG. That's fair....Completed settlements? Ok...just think it's too much of an advantage for a brand new part of the game. What next? All events give the bronze, silver and gold award buildings to legacy players based on years? Ok... party on Garth

Graviton

THe idea is a level playing field instead of just giving the same guilds an advantage that is insurmountable in everything. Guess that went over your head though.
By that logic all buildings should be temporary and everyone would have to rebuild their cities from scratch every week. Then and only then would it be a "level playing field" for all players. Rubbish.

jaymoney23456

By that logic all buildings should be temporary and everyone would have to rebuild their cities from scratch every week. Then and only then would it be a "level playing field" for all players. Rubbish.
That isn't what people are saying either. There could be some actual competitive balancing like placing guilds with other guilds of similar size/strength. The pro sports leagues do things to balance things out even. No reason it couldn't happen here.