• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Community Rejected Supplies Can buy Forge Points

Sharmon the Impaler

I vote no, because for me supplies is universal goods that are not bound to a specific age (or age range).
There are 2 currencies already - coins and diamonds. Making supplies a currency does not look right for me.
Ability to sell supplies for coins looks like a much more realistic approach for me.
You see the error in your logic I hope. You say that you are against Supplies for FP but then say that you would be for Supplies for coins. Coins are already used for FP so you are for Supplies for FP but just with a step in the middle for some reason.

MKPapa

You see the error in your logic I hope. You say that you are against Supplies for FP but then say that you would be for Supplies for coins. Coins are already used for FP so you are for Supplies for FP but just with a step in the middle for some reason.
There is no logical error here. Coin is a currency, and we should be able to exchange most stuff for it. IMO.

Johnny B. Goode

There is no logical error here. Coin is a currency, and we should be able to exchange most stuff for it. IMO.
When you get down to it, so are supplies. After all, you pay them to produce goods in goods buildings and pay them in negotiations and pay them to research tech. About the only thing you can't do with them that you can do with coins is buy Forge Points. Not that I'm advocating for it, but there it is.

MKPapa

When you get down to it, so are supplies. After all, you pay them to produce goods in goods buildings and pay them in negotiations and pay them to research tech. About the only thing you can't do with them that you can do with coins is buy Forge Points. Not that I'm advocating for it, but there it is.
We can consider coins and diamonds the same currency units, just of different value. Say, a coin is a $1 bill, and a diamond is a $1000 bill. Their coexistence makes sense because of their huge value difference.
If you introduce resources as additional currency with its value close to the one of a coin, all you get is messup IMO - everybody will just begin to calculate all the time is it better to buy something with coins or with resources.

Emberguard

We can consider coins and diamonds the same currency units, just of different value
Why? Coins can't revive units. Coins can't level up Great Buildings. Coins can't buy Diamonds to get Premium Expansions. Coins can't get Blue Prints. Coins can't turn into Medals. Coins can't instant Scout. Coins can't turn into Antique Dealer currency. How are Coins the same currency unit as Diamonds? The relevance of coins is with tying into Supplies, Goods and Unit production, with the option to purchase Forge Points. It doesn't go beyond that

Johnny B. Goode

We can consider coins and diamonds the same currency units, just of different value. Say, a coin is a $1 bill, and a diamond is a $1000 bill. Their coexistence makes sense because of their huge value difference.
If you introduce resources as additional currency with its value close to the one of a coin, all you get is messup IMO - everybody will just begin to calculate all the time is it better to buy something with coins or with resources.
Yeah, I've got to go with @Emberguard on this. Coins and Diamonds are markedly different. There are only a couple of things that they can both do, buy FPs or pay for expansions. Otherwise supplies have much more in common with coins. Not that I'm in favor of this idea, I'm not. And coins are a resource, too, so it's splitting hairs to say that "resources" shouldn't be used as currency.

LoveNkind

I have millions and millions of coins, versus millions of supplies. I am a bit careful buying fp with coins, but I have plenty whenever I need them. Supplies are almost useless once you have enough. It would be nice to be able to buy fp and I would do so.

The problem with supplies to buy Forge Points will be the mistake made by lower Era players buying Forge Points with Supplies... Who do not know they will need Billions of Supplies when they reach the Space Ages.
It already is a shock to many players to discover just how many supplies they will need entering the Space Eras. To have spent a vast amount not knowing they are hurting their future will hurt even more.
The players who can really win out on this will be SAJM players who still have many billions of surplus Supplies in stock and are without effort making seven to fifteen million supplies or more a day! (if this idea is implemented) Anyone else will be foolish to waste Supplies. IMO of course. Players can do almost anything they want.
This idea implemented would be a huge instant windfall for top Era strong players. Eveyone else there are too many tradeoffs. I voted yes anyway. Since I would benefit from such a windfall, Being in SAJM and making seven million to ten million supplies a day.
But there is the ability to see what will be needed for each era in the graph