• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Wishing Wells and fountains of Youth

Do you think that 1% chance for diamonds is correct in your experience?

• Total voters

Slavo76

So, those are the same building with same rewards, but different name...
They suppose to give 1% chance of diamonds collection for 50 diamonds a pop. However, with my 600+ in my 3 diamond farms, I average about 150-200 per collection.
A lot of times I hit 0 diamonds, and handful of times would hit 500, but the average is there to be about 150-200 diamonds per day total.
If that is truly 1% hits, then every 100th collection should be 50 diamonds, and should equal to 6 of those bringing 300 diamonds
That equals to around 1 of 200, to 1 of 150, which is a 1/2 of a percent.
In conclusion, this game has been carrot and a stick manipulating anything with a % chance ever since its inception 12 years ago...

Sharmon the Impaler

They do it with all "percentages" , here is their version of 82% selection kits , 9% silver up grade and 9% gold upgrade. Most percentages Inno publishes are complete fiction.

odds.JPG

80% , 10% , 10% :

Odds2.JPG

The Thunderous set is much later than the Vineyard so it hasn't gotten a chance yet to show how really bad it is yet but more like 40% , 30% , 30% so you get a ton of gold and silver but nothing to put them on.

Last edited:

jaymoney23456

I have close to 100 total WW/FOY and I get close to 1 50 diamond reward per day on average-have to look at long term averages for this because sometimes it will be higher or lower than the actual odds

Dominator - X

I quit using a BG chance on my Aegean Couples Resort awhile back. I love the Finish Special Productions, but I have so many in inventory (despite using them a lot) and I really wanted more Feta Farms. I finally gave up and just accepted what it gives me since I have little to no control, even at 50%.

Emberguard

Been watching my fledgling Seed Vault and so far its coming in under the expected norm. Just sayin...

Aid can only provide a reward if there's a building available to Aid. That includes the Seed Vault. If you're not entering the city itself and pressing Motivate/Polish there's a high likelihood you'd get "nothing to aid" in the mix.

Expletive Deleted

If I'm not mistaken, Inno has never published the odds for wells or any of the diamond producers.

I have over 1k wells and get +/- 500 / day on average, but I have noticed trends where a week will be significantly more productive and the week or two after it will drop off. Sometimes this seems to be in relation to upcoming events, but I haven't actually tracked the data that heavily over the years. I'm now at the point where I just do my big collects in my diamond farms and move on. The effort to add more isn't worth it for me at the moment cause I have enough to beat the odds and have perpetual gain so I can spend on any event I like.

captain987

Aid can only provide a reward if there's a building available to Aid. That includes the Seed Vault. If you're not entering the city itself and pressing Motivate/Polish there's a high likelihood you'd get "nothing to aid" in the mix.
That's exactly why I won't build the Seed Vault unless that gets changed. Most people I know use a mass aid right after collecting.

Pericles the Lion

That's exactly why I won't build the Seed Vault unless that gets changed. Most people I know use a mass aid right after collecting.
Could you be projecting your behavior onto other players? Most players don't have 10 upgraded Nutcrackers to supply them with a daily Mass Aid Kit. Of those that do, many, like me, aid just before collecting. I have SVs in all 5 of my cities. All are level 85+ with the highest being L123. I collect daily and average 85 diamonds per day. Imo, not bad for what is a mostly passive activity.

captain987

Could you be projecting your behavior onto other players? Most players don't have 10 upgraded Nutcrackers to supply them with a daily Mass Aid Kit. Of those that do, many, like me, aid just before collecting. I have SVs in all 5 of my cities. All are level 85+ with the highest being L123. I collect daily and average 85 diamonds per day. Imo, not bad for what is a mostly passive activity.
Well, I guess I can't know for sure without asking, but I after noticing that I received very few aid coins on several occasions, I checked for myself, and noticed that a significant portion of my FL had the no buildings available, and there are way too many microbuildings for aids to have been used up. After doing that on several occasions, I don't think that the SV is worth it, at least for my main city.

Darkest.Knight

The diamonds from SV are nice, sometimes I'll get 100; I do like the goods I receive since HYDRA takes a boatload. I only have WW's and FOY's for my miner's.

Johnny B. Goode

So, those are the same building with same rewards, but different name...
They suppose to give 1% chance of diamonds collection for 50 diamonds a pop. However, with my 600+ in my 3 diamond farms, I average about 150-200 per collection.
A lot of times I hit 0 diamonds, and handful of times would hit 500, but the average is there to be about 150-200 diamonds per day total.
If that is truly 1% hits, then every 100th collection should be 50 diamonds, and should equal to 6 of those bringing 300 diamonds
That equals to around 1 of 200, to 1 of 150, which is a 1/2 of a percent.
In conclusion, this game has been carrot and a stick manipulating anything with a % chance ever since its inception 12 years ago...
Did you actually track the results to get that 150-200 average? I ask because I actually did track my 1000+ Wishing Wells/Fountains of Youth for several collections a couple of years ago. My results were consistent with the generally accepted 1% Diamonds chances. If I had not tracked the data for that period of time back then, there are days that I, too, would think that they don't give Diamonds often enough. I know that many players think Inno plays with the published odds on things, but most of the time that's just perception bias.

Slavo76

@ Johnny,
Several years ago inno games were much more generous, so try again.
I've tracked what I collect several weeks in a row, daily.
The consistency is 200 or less per day from 600+ WW's and Foy's. 0.3-0.4%,
Inno games pattern is once a GB come out, or you are actively leveling it up(like my SV, that I leveled to 131) it gives even more than the % noted in its description, and slowly but surely it dwindle down. Tracked that down also and it used to give 50 diamonds every 2nd day on average, and now is every 4th or 5th. 140 people in your FL, 70+ in the hood and 20 in the guild, so that is over 200 people * 4(days) = 800 collections for 1 time of 50 diamonds = 0.1-0.2%

Johnny B. Goode

I've tracked what I collect several weeks in a row, daily.
The consistency is 200 or less per day from 600+ WW's and Foy's. 0.3-0.4%,
Don't tell me what the "consistency is, that's a meaningless term in this context. Share the data you allegedly tracked. Exactly how many Wishing Wells and Fountains of Youth do you have? How many times did they hit over the length of those "several weeks"? If you can't answer those questions, then you have just made an "is not" argument, which is playground type stuff.

Johnny B. Goode

So I now have 824 Wishing Wells/Fountains of Youth/Hedge Mazes. (I've deleted a few cities since my earlier post saying I had 1000+.) Today I tracked them and out of those 824 I collected Diamonds from 10 of them. That's 1.2%. I will be keeping track at least for the next week or so and will post all numbers.

Johnny B. Goode

Day 2. Out of 824 buildings I got Diamonds 12 times, for a (rounded up) 1.5% hit percentage today and a running percentage of 1.3%.
(Tomorrow's will be 825 buildings, as I added a Wishing Well that I will not collect until my rounds tomorrow.)

Johnny B. Goode

Day 4
Buildings: 825
Diamond Hits: 4
Percentage: .5%
Running Percentage: .9%
Still netted 145 Diamonds just from these buildings. Also collected a couple hundred from RQs.

Slavo76

Don't tell me what the "consistency is, that's a meaningless term in this context. Share the data you allegedly tracked. Exactly how many Wishing Wells and Fountains of Youth do you have? How many times did they hit over the length of those "several weeks"? If you can't answer those questions, then you have just made an "is not" argument, which is playground type stuff.
You are asking me to do manual labor now, that I won't see a dime for...
I start with "x" amount of diamonds and collect from my 3 farms that have over 600 WW's and FoY's, but exact number is a guess, and add up to what I had before collecting. Past 7 days when I average 200 per day is a great day as those numbers have dwindled considerably, but hey since I don't have hard data, lets give inno games a bit of a slack and say I collect more than I do, just for the sake of them actually improve something and I have to eat my words after all(won't happen, though as inno have poor history of making things right)...
I take 600 as my benchmark, so as to be conservative and giving a credit where is not due(inno games).
If I have more time, I will come up with data, just to prove a point, but for now I see trend of 100 to 200 per day.
I do not include petty collections from say GE, or GbG as we are talking about WW's and FoY's here