• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Easter Event Feedback

DeletedUser13838

FPS??? what about 2000 goods.... this is about principle : Equal opportunity !

I agree about the principal but trying to give practical advice. You'd only need 115 future era goods and I'd expect someone entering FE to have the resources necessary to research the 4 techs necessary to complete the quest.

Andre.Andre

Perhaps Jaelis can tell us how is possible to have the same quest but he has different value depending on the server we are. How is possible on En server to have an alternative choice and on US server we can't? What do you say Jaelis?

DeletedUser25274

Somewhere I saw comments complaining about the Color Guard unit being useless, but I think it depends on the players' level and situation. I was taking down EMA sectors with my Iron Age army until I came to a sector where the defenders had a 20% boost vs no boost for me. I couldn't do it until I put a color guard in my attacking force and the boost put me over the top. This allows me to put off jumping to EMA until I've stocked up my supplies and materials. I put one in my defense army figuring I will be in a neighborhood with EMA armies next week. I hope they try to pick on me, I will enjoy plundering some EMA stuff thanks to my boosted army. I should be stoked and ready to rampage by the time I make the jump. The Color Guard adds an interesting element at my level.

Ylisaveta

Andre.Andre, why immediately go to "it's discrimination!" If ByeorDie got one version on the British server, and you and I got a different version on the US servers, that isn't discrimination. Unless you think Inno is discriminating against the entire US or giving preferential treatment to the UK for some reason. This quest -- and others -- might vary from country to country or server to server in the same country, for Inno's reasons. Perhaps they're testing to see how many will complete the different versions, for example.

Most of these events have some version of build this, build that and some are specifically current age. You seem to have been playing for a long time, surely you've experienced that. You could have chosen not to go into a new age until after the event. I'm sorry, but that was a choice. Someone here might have a suggestion that will work for you. But please don't try and turn this into a crusade for equal opportunity. You had it, you made the choice that put you in this corner. I'd be a lot more sympathetic if you had just entered Iron Age because you didn't know what event quests were likely.

Andre.Andre

Andre.Andre, why immediately go to "it's discrimination!" If ByeorDie got one version on the British server, and you and I got a different version on the US servers, that isn't discrimination. Unless you think Inno is discriminating against the entire US or giving preferential treatment to the UK for some reason. This quest -- and others -- might vary from country to country or server to server in the same country, for Inno's reasons. Perhaps they're testing to see how many will complete the different versions, for example.

Most of these events have some version of build this, build that and some are specifically current age. You seem to have been playing for a long time, surely you've experienced that. You could have chosen not to go into a new age until after the event. I'm sorry, but that was a choice. Someone here might have a suggestion that will work for you. But please don't try and turn this into a crusade for equal opportunity. You had it, you made the choice that put you in this corner. I'd be a lot more sympathetic if you had just entered Iron Age because you didn't know what event quests were likely.
These things are happening on the server beta. I used this phrase figuratively. And yes, i play from 5 years and NEVER happened this. And i'm from Europe not from US, but i play and on US servers and another European Servers.

DeletedUser8152

Perhaps Jaelis can tell us how is possible to have the same quest but he has different value depending on the server we are. How is possible on En server to have an alternative choice and on US server we can't? What do you say Jaelis?
The en server and the us server are different; it is of course possible for the events to be different on them. Why they might have done it that way, I haven't any idea.

Andre.Andre

The en server and the us server are different; it is of course possible for the events to be different on them. Why they might have done it that way, I haven't any idea.
Agree with you, but this must be announced somehow....Too bad for INNO for this. I am very dissapointed.

DeletedUser8152

But they don't ever announce event quests, why would they announce this?

I do agree that it isn't a great quest for an event, since it can leave some people stuck. But I don't think EN having a different version is all that relevant.

Andre.Andre

But they don't ever announce event quests, why would they announce this?

I do agree that it isn't a great quest for an event, since it can leave some people stuck. But I don't think EN having a different version is all that relevant.
Does not matter anymore. That 2 picture say more than a picture. That is and we move on. Was a failure , I maintain my opinion on beta. Case closed, to much time spend for nothing.

DeletedUser7289

Dear everyone who keeps misunderstanding probability and keeps opening more chests thinking that it will improve their chances, please come visit my state (bring money). Here in Nevada we have a whole industry that takes advantage of peoples belief that the more they play the slot machine, the more likely they are to hit the big prize.
Luckily, folks like me aren't spending any real money on this slot machine. So if I win something I want with 1 of my "free spins", I'm happy. And when I get something that is useless to me (much more frequent), I say "oh, well." I'm never going to complain about free stuff, even when I don't get what I want.

DeletedUser14197

I like the way we get eggs this time. I don't know if we get as many as last year. I didn't like the way it was done last year. The quests so far have been easy and have not taken much time to do, have finished most of them first thing in the morning. What I am not crazy about is the way we get our prizes. Couldn't we just trade in eggs last year for items? I was hoping to trade in for watchfires. However, I would have to do the silver chest for a CHANCE to get one. Now perhaps they will become the special prize one day, but I won't be able to get many as I will have to do a chest to get a chance only to get one and if I got with the chest that gives me the greatest chance, it will take 120 eggs for just a chance. I won't be able to get many of them for sure. If I do the Bronze chest, technically I have the potential to get lots of them, except 7% chance is pretty slim. Of course if one wants wishing wells, I think they work out better than last year, if my source is right and they cost 500 eggs last year. So the only thing I would change this year if I could would be to add the ability to trade in eggs for the item of choice, or do a chest if one prefers.

DeletedUser25411

I cannot complete an event quest without spending diamonds. I do not have any decorations available in my current age except for the premium one because I am not advanced enough in the tech tree in the future era. There should be an option for lower age decorations or if not I should be reimbursed for the 450 diamonds I am going to have to spend to proceed.

Since there is a wiki that list off what each quest will be for the entire Easter event (http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/2016_Easter_Event) and today being the 13th day of said event, that would mean you had just shy of 2 weeks to plan ahead and ensure your ability to complete each of the 2 daily quests. I would say it isn't so much of Inno's fault but your lack of planning. Hopefully the provided link will help you on the future quests :)

DeletedUser24774

Actually, the Wikia says one from your age or 3 from a previous age, so stop beating up on these players. And, I'm not particularly religious, but it's EASTER! Isn't this day about recognizing human weakness and acceptance and forgiveness? I feel like an idealist on this forum, and that makes me very uncomfortable indeed.

DeletedUser8152

They could always pop a DIAMOND SALE on the 2nd to last day of the event and then offer Rogue Hideout's too to entice players to spend money to get them. I could see that happening, but we never know. My Sales and Marketing background tells me, the good prizes are few and far between if anymore even come out. But if you see a sale again, you know what it means, like I do. Also, they might just offer the Rogue Hideouts on the second to last day or the last day. Again, we wait to see what happens next.

Someone spoke about a bet before, you see all I wrote, I am willing to bet on anything I have posted and said, PERIOD. Call me out, I will back it up 1000% and I am not scared either. What are we playing for.? I am in. I just made 2 bold predictions, the question is, am I right.? Or do you want to call me crazy and think I know not what I speak of. Simple business everyone.

Steve - LordStevie
So... wishing wells today, sounds like SoKs tomorrow...

DeletedUser6120

Since there is a wiki that list off what each quest will be for the entire Easter event (http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/2016_Easter_Event) and today being the 13th day of said event, that would mean you had just shy of 2 weeks to plan ahead and ensure your ability to complete each of the 2 daily quests. I would say it isn't so much of Inno's fault but your lack of planning. Hopefully the provided link will help you on the future quests :)

Perhaps you could consider giving fellow players a little sympathy rather than scorn? I could say that someone that is able to do research and plan two weeks ahead, on how they will be playing a game, has way too much free time on their hands! Certainly more than I have.

To my knowledge the Wiki listed a quest with options, either build decorations from your age or from a previous age, which allows everyone to fulfill this quest. It also seems that different servers may have this quest with options, or without. A whole lot of players are being stuck on this quest, and are stalling out in the Easter Event, being left with with the only choice of buying their way through the event or simply abandoning it. That is a frustrating experience and I can sympathize fully. And I think it was a bad decision on Inno's part. It is never a good idea to frustrate your customers.

DeletedUser3679

Actually, the Wikia says one from your age or 3 from a previous age, so stop beating up on these players. And, I'm not particularly religious, but it's EASTER! Isn't this day about recognizing human weakness and acceptance and forgiveness? I feel like an idealist on this forum, and that makes me very uncomfortable indeed.

Interesting post, and by the way, I like your sandwich!

Barsadin

This is the 1st Event I have majorly disliked. Yes I know lots of the quests are the same in lots of events (as are the prizes) but (most of us) don't pay to play this game so I've never had an issue with that aspect of the game. I also don't bother when Diamonds or Major Event prizes don't come up often, unlike others (in my worlds and on the forum) - the game has to have some sort of challenge after all.

However, getting 6 Foeberge Shops in one world and 5 Color Guard Camps in another, when opening gold chests is pretty meaningless. I'm not, nor ever, going to use these incidental prizes. Why couldn't ALL the rewards from the chests be varied each day and not just the main reward?

PS that Color Guard is a complete waste of a unit! Maybe in Iron Age or EMA it might prove useful (I haven't tried it) but later on? I don't think so. Could they possibly have made it like a Champion? It increases in power as you gain eras? Could use a Reno kit too. Or would this have been too powerful?

DeletedUser10415

DeletedUser3556

Saved up a bit over 400 eggs, today, I tried the big chest again and won 200 eggs twice, 4 Shrine's of Knowledge, a Color Guard Camp, and 2bp. Most of the eggs that spawned on the map for each attempt were worth 5eggs each so I'm sitting on 61 eggs with 25 to come from the extra daily quest. For an event that I spent no cash on and lost zero sleep over I'm very happy. The only thing I don't know is if the grand prize changed before going from Shrine of Inspiration to Wishing Wells.