• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Tavern looks great and all, but . . .

DeletedUser8420

or you can aid after successfully visiting a tavern. both are 24 hrs so if you aid only when you have taken a chair, then you will know immediately going through your list that you have been to a tavern. of course this doesn't show you if a tavern is already full but at least once you aided/seated, you can slide right past when going through your list. doing 2 things at once makes sense to me.

3l3v3n11

or you can aid after successfully visiting a tavern. both are 24 hrs so if you aid only when you have taken a chair, then you will know immediately going through your list that you have been to a tavern. of course this doesn't show you if a tavern is already full but at least once you aided/seated, you can slide right past when going through your list. doing 2 things at once makes sense to me.

This can be difficult because I aid from my neighborhood, guild etc. Some of them are on my friends list, some are not. This means I may aid someone on my friends list when I aid my neighborhood or guild. Meaning some of those friends will show as have been aided. This doesn't help with managing the tavern visits. If I aid my friends first, I am not going to want to go through my neighborhood and try to remember everyone that is on my friends list to wait and aid them until I have been able to sit at their seat in the tavern.

Talc

Very well put, how come beta did not get this done and a better set up?
This is not a fun addition to the game as it is right now... just a lot of noneffective clicking...

DeletedUser8420

or you can use your aid button and aid at the same time as taken a tavern chair. that way when you go through your list you know you have already been there. But then again some people want everything done for them .....to each their own

DeletedUser27663

I just want the stupid thing to work and get a reply back from support. Is fine on 4 worlds, but Walstrand is totally screwed up.

DeletedUser26829

I suggest that you create some color coding to the chair icon so players can easily identify taverns they can visit. I suggest the following color coding;

Green - The 24hr limit has expired and there are seats available to visit.

Orange - The 24hr limit has expired but there are no seats available

Red - The 24hrs limit has not expired

I understand that the tavern is a work in progress and that improvements are on the way, and suggest that these suggestions I have provided will make it more user friendly.
Great idea.. and more detailed than what I planned to post..
Some way of seeing on the "friend" bar when aiding whether or not there is a seat available at the tavern..That would be really helpful..

DeletedUser27505

I suggest that you create some color coding to the chair icon so players can easily identify taverns they can visit. I suggest the following color coding;

Green - The 24hr limit has expired and there are seats available to visit.

Orange - The 24hr limit has expired but there are no seats available

Red - The 24hrs limit has not expired

I understand that the tavern is a work in progress and that improvements are on the way, and suggest that these suggestions I have provided will make it more user friendly.

If it can be done, I think it would help a lot. Great suggestion. :cool:

DeletedUser15042

or you can use your aid button and aid at the same time as taken a tavern chair. that way when you go through your list you know you have already been there. But then again some people want everything done for them .....to each their own
There are down sides to this. I have dynamic towers. If I aid when I visit a tavern, it will no longer line up with my dynamic tower collections.

DeletedUser26154

I vote yes on what's left of ITown's proposal that hasn't been fixed.

DeletedUser9191

My suggestion for the (Friend's Tavern) is to place an hour glass in the (seat pic. place) after clicking = to show time is not up yet, and place a happy face in the (seat pic. place) = to show we are still sitting in the Tavern.. :D
Amanda-Hourglass.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2355

So it seems my proposal was merged into another couple of proposals. That's fine I guess although now it is unclear who is supporting what. Anyway, something definitely needs to be done ASAP to make the taverns more user friendly.

DeletedUser26636

inno added aid button to make it easier. they make swords diappear when you fight a neighbor and they beta tested this tavern as well yet they do not include an indicator when you can visit a tavern which makes looking at 140 friends a pain. dumb is a word that come to mind when i think about it.

DeletedUser26636

YES please do something i cant believe this didn't come up in the beta testing OMG what is wrong with these programmers :)

DeletedUser25273

It DID come up in Beta, and they were told they were going to fix it. I guess someday.