• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Tavern looks great and all, but . . .

DeletedUser8152

Proposal
Some User Interface enhancements are needed for the tavern.

Current System (if applicable)
1. Currently the tavern icon provides no indication of who is available to be visited.
2. Currently, the icons in the tavern do nothing when clicked on.

Details
1. Grey out the tavern button when it is full, or if you have visited in the past 24 hours.
2. Enable people to quickly make contact with their friends from within the tavern. Make each player icon a link, which allows you to choose choose between "visit tavern", "visit city", and "write message".

Abuse Prevention
This cannot be abused.

Visual Aids
None currently.

Conclusion
Make taverns great again!
@ITown, regarding your proposal, sorry for the confusion. However:
- For point 1, there is an open proposal on the topic (with one duplicate already)
- For point 2, I don't understand. There are icons that say "Coming soon," I guess they will come soon? But if you click on a player in your tavern, you do already have the options you request. (As I see you later noted)
- In general, it is better to put one idea per proposal, since that makes discussion and voting easier.

pabell59

Great idea.. and more detailed than what I planned to post..
Some way of seeing on the "friend" bar when aiding whether or not there is a seat available at the tavern..That would be really helpful..
I suggest that you create some color coding to the chair icon so players can easily identify taverns they can visit. I suggest the following color coding;

Green - The 24hr limit has expired and there are seats available to visit.

Orange - The 24hr limit has expired but there are no seats available

Red - The 24hrs limit has not expired

I understand that the tavern is a work in progress and that improvements are on the way, and suggest that these suggestions I have provided will make it more user friendly.

I like this idea, but it could be more simple.
Green - the 24 hr time limit has expired and there are seats available

Orange - No seats available

Grayed out - the time limit has not expired.

Someone suggested that you aid and visit tavern at the same time. This would be great, but your 24 hrs may not be the same as an aid due to no seats being available at that time. This keeps you from missing a friend who might need a tavern visit. It also lets you know if some of your friends are not collecting their silver and therefore they never have a seat available and you should move on. Visiting friends taverns when they visit yours doesn't always work either. This solution stops the red/green colorblind problem and doesn't start a yellow/blue colorblind problem.

DeletedUser26532

Someone suggested that you aid and visit tavern at the same time. This would be great, but your 24 hrs may not be the same as an aid due to no seats being available at that time.

Or you visit the tavern and only aid if you get a seat. That's what I've been doing and it works perfectly. Anyone who i'm still in the taven of when the AID button expires clearly isn't collecting, and gets booted from the friend list.

Simple thing to do:

1) Click tavern
2) Did you get a seat?
----a) No --> move to next player
----b) Yes -> click aid button --> move to next player

DeletedUser8420

If the designers had thought this project a little more complete, the idea of any guild mate that is on a friend's list should have the chair icon showing even on the guild page. Currently the same person that is on guild list and friend's list will have the icon show only on the one and not the other. That is so.....idiotic... it makes going through the guild list a little problematic when you are trying to use the aid button because there is no seat indicator given (again, item not designed well because it wasn't thought out even though this brought to their attention via beta release).

You know perhaps the CEO of INNO should tell the devs that when something happens that they need to rebalance, recalculate after the fact that their pay will face the same. When this must be done that they should lose 3% of their base pay retro-actively. Wonder how quick they would get things correct then.

DeletedUser25273

What you can do is when going through the guild list, first click on their name and look at the menu, if it gives you the option to add as a friend, they aren't a friend so you can aid them, if they are a friend, you can try to visit them.

Ylisaveta

Update to chair icon went live this morning in beta: if you can sit down, you see the same icon as now. If you can't, there is a clock face over the chair, and you can hover over it to see why (visited already, tavern full) in words. No colors involved:D

DeletedUser2355

Update to chair icon went live this morning in beta: if you can sit down, you see the same icon as now. If you can't, there is a clock face over the chair, and you can hover over it to see why (visited already, tavern full) in words. No colors involved:D
Saw that, a step in the right direction :)

DeletedUser9191

This can be difficult because I aid from my neighborhood, guild etc. Some of them are on my friends list, some are not. This means I may aid someone on my friends list when I aid my neighborhood or guild. Meaning some of those friends will show as have been aided. This doesn't help with managing the tavern visits. If I aid my friends first, I am not going to want to go through my neighborhood and try to remember everyone that is on my friends list to wait and aid them until I have been able to sit at their seat in the tavern.
(Totally agree with this quote).. My suggestion for the (Friend's Tavern) is to place an hour glass in the (seat pic. place) after clicking = to show time is not up yet, and place a happy face in the (seat pic. place) = to show we are still sitting in the Tavern.. :)

DeletedUser9191

But the tables are mostly full. Have to visit a table many times just for a chance to get a seat. And end up visiting tables that you have already sat at multiple times just to find the tables that are empty that you have yet to visit.

So, I noticed the icon for the tavern. It is a chair with an arrow pointing to it.

Why not make the arrow golden if I have not visited that table in the last 24 hours?

Why not make that chair golden if there are empty seats available at that tavern?

Or, at the very least, since I visited the tavern but the seats were full, why not put me into a queue like they do at restaurants, and ass soon as I come up in the queue I automatically take a seat?

(I agree with the problem and)..My suggestion for the (Friend's Tavern) is to place an hour glass in the (seat pic. place) after clicking = to show time is not up yet, and place a happy face in the (seat pic. place) = to show we are still sitting in the Tavern..

DeletedUser3679

(I agree with the problem and)..My suggestion for the (Friend's Tavern) is to place an hour glass in the (seat pic. place) after clicking = to show time is not up yet, and place a happy face in the (seat pic. place) = to show we are still sitting in the Tavern..

Solution to this problem has been running in beta for about a week already, and it works great. Should be here in another week or so.

DeletedUser26154

Don't forget to (Add Many Blue Arrows) to keep everyone happy.

DeletedUser9191

My suggestion for the (Friend's Tavern) is to place an hour glass in the (seat pic. place) after clicking = to show time is not up yet, and place a happy face in the (seat pic. place) = to show we are still sitting in the Tavern.. :D
Amanda-Hourglass.jpg
Today I see the final Tavern upgrade for the issue above is complete and (I LOVE IT) :D.. The clock picture replaces the arrow picture and it works perfectly.. Game Player Satisfactory.. :D.. Thank-You so much for the game fixers to fix this issue.. No more going to each and every tavern struggling time and time again to find an open seat.. We can see it right away.. I am so grateful.. :D..

DeletedUser26154

No more going to each and every tavern struggling time and time again to find an open seat.. We can see it right away.. I am so grateful..
I knew Inno would fix it, that's why I never lost faith. I'm glad it's working out.

Unbridled Forgery

How often is the status refreshed? On my first pass, several sites showed an open seat but were full. Restarting showed them correctly.

Not a big deal to me, but I don't see any event entries for the tavern stuff yet.

Last edited: