• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Another GE Gripe

DeletedUser27848

No the relics don't carry over to the next level. the relics spawn in multiple spots on the map on each level. A relic on level 1 if not collected won't go over to level II. What does happen is that sometimes it's in the area in the clouds early on and sometimes it's right near the beginning (or the middle) when you are near the end which means to find it you have to go back to that area but it is ALWAYS on the same map.

I've NEVER lost a relic no matter how many times I've left GE whether it be via the blueprint method, the icon, visiting someone's city or being disconnected. There is however as previously noted (and which you've previously stated is not the issue) is that the Icon stays lit after you collect it. Since you insist that you've left the GE screen and come back and that there's been no relic and that the Icon is still lit (and you say it's at the end so it is not in the part of the level you haven't uncovered yet) that you are somehow missing relics. It should be noted that you can NOT collect relics once you've completed a level (you also indicated that not to be the case) as well which means on level III once you've collected the treasure chest you can't collect any remaining relics on the map. If you haven't left the screen after collecting and the Icon is still lit then when you complete the next check point you may come to the conclusion that you have a relic (incorrectly I might add).

So next time it happens please provide a screenshot of the entire GE level map showing there is no relic and report it as a bug. That will enable Inno to at least have some idea of where the problem is presumably (or at least prove you aren't simply over looking the relic).

Well I hope to hell it doesn't happen again, but how do I get the screen shot?

DeletedUser8152

Note that the next update has a bug fix for the relic indicator. I hope that resolves the problem here!

DeletedUser26965

the one thing I do not know, is how to capture a screen shot of the game??

How is that done?
"Print Screen" go to paint press ctrl+V
or snipping tool in windows

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8420

GGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR....I got a relic light when I was 3 short of finishing the section so....I went ahead and bought 3 attempts ....but it use to be the relic would be in the very next cloud section BUT....NOOOOO....NOW IT is showing its under the 3rd cloud section....so if I want it I will have to spend x amount of medals because I am out of attempts...and WHY should I even contemplate spending that when most likely it will be another BP....GGRRRRRRRRRR...This is getting more and more irritating...and less worth the bother.

BruteForceAttack

GGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR....I got a relic light when I was 3 short of finishing the section so....I went ahead and bought 3 attempts ....but it use to be the relic would be in the very next cloud section BUT....NOOOOO....NOW IT is showing its under the 3rd cloud section....so if I want it I will have to spend x amount of medals because I am out of attempts...and WHY should I even contemplate spending that when most likely it will be another BP....GGRRRRRRRRRR...This is getting more and more irritating...and less worth the bother.

BPs are going away soon.

https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/guild-expeditions-changes-continuation.6966/

However comes with at least one major drawback

nerfing of chances of getting 100 fps and 200 goods :(

few good things.
some ages of ge is easier, however artic became harder

blah
new buildings that give same benefit as current ones. well one is little better

Confusing part:
With level-4 open, a guild can go beyond 100% completion, however whoever gets to 100% first is still the winner.

cbalto1927

BPs are going away soon.

https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/guild-expeditions-changes-continuation.6966/

However comes with at least one major drawback

nerfing of chances of getting 100 fps and 200 goods :(

few good things.
some ages of ge is easier, however artic became harder

blah
new buildings that give same benefit as current ones. well one is little better

Confusing part:
With level-4 open, a guild can go beyond 100% completion, however whoever gets to 100% first is still the winner.

oh great, all the more reasons to regret going to Arctic Future Era :oops:

qaccy

OP seems pretty insistent that it only and consistently happens at the end of level 3, the hardest part of the expedition. Sounds bogus/biased to me. Or perhaps they're missing relics when they spawn behind the chat window? For some reason or another, that's a place they can appear and it's easily missed sometimes.

DeletedUser24719

My problem is with the crap awards u get from a so called relic. Too many BPs, coins, supplies and useless decorations. Come on INNO can't u be a little more generous or are u just too damn lazy or cheap to give some decent awards. Whether u know it or not u are driving many long time players away

DeletedUser26154

Well I hope to hell it doesn't happen again, but how do I get the screen shot?

www.Gyazo.com

It's like Photobucket but works better. Allows you to make gifs too.
It's what I use.
I'll capture images with Gyazo, save them to my desktop, then take it from there.

DeletedUser8420

OP seems pretty insistent that it only and consistently happens at the end of level 3, the hardest part of the expedition. Sounds bogus/biased to me. Or perhaps they're missing relics when they spawn behind the chat window? For some reason or another, that's a place they can appear and it's easily missed sometimes.
NO I didn't/don't miss relics, they are appearing under the clouds in sections not yet opened.

DeletedUser25706

I understand that the per member cost of guild treasury goods to open GE levels is based on the age below each players age. Is this correct, and if so, why?

It should be based on each members age, so that each member can be held responsible for donating the required goods to the treasury, either through GB's (Observatory, Atomium, Arc) or directly.

Please explain the logic of the requirement as structured. I don't get it. Thank you.

DeletedUser25273

The cost for level 2 is typically goods of an age below theirs, and for level 3 goods of their age. I think this is so that everyone has the ability to raise their own level 2 costs. If you are new to an age, you may not have the ability to produce the needed current age goods via Goods buildings. This does overlook the Guild Goods buildings like Observatory, but not everyone will have those. Modern and later don't get current age goods from GBs.

DeletedUser25706

Thanks for the reply, I very much appreciate it! However, that the level 3 cost is in current goods is contrary to the info posted by Inno (found it yesterday, couldn't find it again today, but fortunately copied it), reproduced here:

Player's Age Difficulty II Cost Difficulty III Cost
Iron Age 2 Iron Age Goods 4 Iron Age Goods
Early Middle Age 2 Iron Age Goods 4 Iron Age Goods
High Middle Age 3 Early Middle Age Goods 6 Early Middle Age Goods
Late Middle Age 4 High Middle Age Goods 8 High Middle Age Goods
Colonial Age 4 Late Middle Age Goods 8 Late Middle Age Goods
Industrial Age 5 Colonial Age Goods 10 Colonial Age Goods
Progressive Era 5 Industrial Age Goods 10 Industrial Age Goods
Modern Era 5 Progressive Era Goods 10 Progressive Era Goods
Postmodern Era 5 Modern Era Goods 10 Modern Era Goods
Contemporary Era 5 Postmodern Era Goods 10 Postmodern Era Goods
Tomorrow 6 Contemporary Era Goods 12 Contemporary Era
The Future 6 Tomorrow Era Goods 12 Tomorrow Era Goods
Arctic Future 6 Future Era Goods 12 Future Era

Would a representative of Inno please (1) confirm what the cost of the different levels of GE are (current goods as nomad richie states,
or prior age goods); and (2) answer my original question as to the logic of requiring the cost to be in prior age goods? Thank you.

DeletedUser25706

Sorry, I posted the chart lined up nicely, but all of the spaces were removed on each line by the forum posting software! :-(
It shows that the age of goods required at each player's Age is the age below, both for levels 2 and 3.

DeletedUser25706

Thank you very much Konrad and jaelis for the up to date cost info!

jaelis, could I ask that you explain to me the logic of prior age costs for lvl 2?