• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Oceanic Future- Part Two Feedback

DeletedUser4770

Let us know what you think about this second part of our oceanic journey. We're looking forward to your feedback in this thread.

Your Forge of Empires Team

DeletedUser28670

Slight typo: you said "When a rogue is hit, no damage it dealt, but it will transform" but it's supposed to be "no damage is dealt". Just wanted to tell you.

DeletedUser5111

Not looking forward to it. 3 of the research areas only give an avatar. They offer no city growth. Only thing of "some" worth are the Turturrets

DeletedUser15855

I'm glad to get the Turturrets and hope they help counter some of the other inbalances in fighting. Otherwise, a wasted effort since there is nothing of value. I mean, even the house is way worse than the one we already have. And avatars? No thanks. Not to mention that now I'm forced to not be able to do loopables again until I unlock all the text, which I'm forced to do slowly since I need the new good from the new harbor...unless I want to spend diamonds. Fun stuff. Not.

qaccy

I'm glad to get the Turturrets and hope they help counter some of the other inbalances in fighting. Otherwise, a wasted effort since there is nothing of value. I mean, even the house is way worse than the one we already have. And avatars? No thanks. Not to mention that now I'm forced to not be able to do loopables again until I unlock all the text, which I'm forced to do slowly since I need the new good from the new harbor...unless I want to spend diamonds. Fun stuff. Not.

You could always just skip the skippable quests until recurring ones reappear, just as with every new age you reached prior to this point. I'll similarly express some disappointment over the tech releases, though - both the avatar and decoration technologies seem very lackluster for being full-cost technologies. The avatar one should be optional (why is the culture building optional instead?) and the decoration should be an add-in with another building on that tech if it's not going to be optional - paying that many resources just to unlock a decoration (and being required to do so) feels decidedly like the developers were out of ideas and just wanted to artificially extend the tree at the players' expense.

Griping aside, the turturret is definitely an interesting addition to the military roster. It would appear that damage on each unit attacked is calculated separately, factoring in their defenses and abilities. I feel that wasn't accurately clarified in the wording, but that may have been difficult to accomplish. For example, hitting your target for 8 damage does not mean everything else in range will be struck for 4 damage - in fact it's often less, especially when affected units have a bonus against artillery and the behemoth's force field also applies to reduce the damage. However, it can still prove invaluable in some battles especially owing to the fact that it has initiative of 22, meaning that it actually outspeeds everything in the various Future eras with the exception of all 3 fast units, dragon drones, and surrogate soldiers. They may be even more threatening as defenders, where only 2 of them are capable of transforming an attacker's entire rogue army and doing some splash damage to boot. Coupled with the high initiative, this also means they'll be moving/firing before most of the defender's other units, meaning something like a Battle Fortress or Sub Cruiser will be able to move in afterward and strike a real unit rather than having a rogue soak it up. Definitely sounds scary to face in later GE rounds!

DeletedUser15855

The avatar one should be optional (why is the culture building optional instead?)

That's because they have a quest to build that building in return for some goods. I guess they had to try to come up with some way to make it appealing.

Snalinif

Holy hike from hell Batman!

3 months-ish total needed to scout every province without using diamonds?

Waaaay to long imo.

DeletedUser2952

They made a mistake on the name - Turdturdets would be more accurate. Rogues are the only ones really susceptible to the things as they can hit on turn one before rogues move. They move way too slow to scratch anything with stealth and they also can not deal with flyers. Hover tanks remain the king of the field, combat drones to take on artillery like Plasma Blasters.

P.S. I have found a good use for them. If you have 3 in the defending army, it makes those players who attack with a single unit and 7 rogues think twice. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

qaccy

They made a mistake on the name - Turdturdets would be more accurate. Rogues are the only ones really susceptible to the things as they can hit on turn one before rogues move. They move way too slow to scratch anything with stealth and they also can not deal with flyers. Hover tanks remain the king of the field, combat drones to take on artillery like Plasma Blasters.

You do realize flying units are intended to be anti-artillery, right? That's exactly the point of the flying ability. However, unless you're facing 8 artillery units in one battle there's plenty of room for other units to handle your flyers, like behemoths and battle fortresses. The stealth weakness is something that artillery hasn't had for a long time, but that goes along with the design of the other OF units (eels are a stealth unit in OF and are anti-artillery). Where turrets currently shine is taking out other unit types, especially ones that don't move before they do and/or can't reach them in the first turn - however, after playing around with them some more it's clear they're not designed to be a unit that stands on their own, which is what's really jarring for most of today's 'I only wanna use rogues' fighters. Try using only one or two of them along with other units, similar to what the AI does, in order to cover their weaknesses.

Zatrikon

It seems they really haven't put much thought into the new techs at all. 169 FPs and 190 Goods for two freaking avatars - AND NOTHING ELSE!

The Floating House looks like a flat-out mistake, having less efficient coin production than the Urban Island (24h) or the previous age's Clock Tower Apartment! This has never happened before - where one age's residential building produces less than the previous age's equivalent building (in this case 4-hrs, single-lane road). Nor has it ever happened before that a 24-hour production residential building is actually *more* efficient that the same age's 4-hour production residential building.

And the Turturret is the first artillery unit that can't hit stealth since Contemporary! Does the Mortar ability at least hit hidden units adjacent to the target?

And the last thing anyone wants in this game is a 6x6 Cultural Building. Especially if they already have a Holo-Holiday Park.

Please, InnoGames people! THINK before you release new stuff! (Maybe you need some better Beta testers? Or maybe you just need to listen more to your beta testers?)

Last edited:

DeletedUser28077

Totally correct.

DeletedUser1753

Does the Mortar ability at least hit hidden units adjacent to the target?
Yes it does.

I sure hope, since the units changed mid GE, that they are also already available as reward!

The change mid GE is terribly unfair since participants were all on different encounters. These changes should be done outside the GE times. Why can't it start on a monday?

qaccy

Yes it does.

I sure hope, since the units changed mid GE, that they are also already available as reward!

The change mid GE is terribly unfair since participants were all on different encounters. These changes should be done outside the GE times. Why can't it start on a monday?

How is it 'unfair'? And yes, they're available as rewards from the unit prizes/relics.

45adequateman

" . . . and you will need both promethium and orichalcum for the campaign map negotiations. "

I hate, hate, HATE that we will no longer be able to negotiate our way to acquiring provinces in ages in advance of our own.

Inno seems bound and determined to force players to advance to the latest, most expensive ages. This reeks.​

Zatrikon

Do the designers actually read these "feedback" threads? If not, then they aren't really feedback, are they? They're just players venting to each other.