• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Accept Bitcoin as a form of payment

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser31208

This proposal is not in proper format, please see sticky guidelines. Moving to forge hall for discussion in meantime.

If I change format can it go back or should I create another in proper format? Or just leave here?

DeletedUser26154

Or just leave here?

A lot of players would love using crypto-currencies.
However, at this time of the century, MMO companies like to have full accountability as to where the money comes from.
They ain't gonna do it.
I don't speak for INNO in any way, shape or form.
I'm just a player.

source of your power.png

But I know I'm right on this.

DeletedUser31208

A lot of players would love using crypto-currencies.
However, at this time of the century, MMO companies like to have full accountability as to where the money comes from.
They ain't gonna do it.
I don't speak for INNO in any way, shape or form.
I'm just a player.

View attachment 6222

But I know I'm right on this.

Using a legit payment processor like Bitpay that major companis like Dell, Microsoft, and Overstock it will be legit as it converts the currency to "cash" immediately for the company.

DeletedUser26154

Why do non-users of bitcoin care if Inno accepts it as payment for diamonds?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin

First, these programmers, who ever they are, deserve a Nobel Prize, or something at least equal.
This is a Mighty Ally of Personal Freedom.
All of them are Genius.
As technology progresses, *cough* "Big Brother's Eyes" watch more and more of your personal business.

Some people just like to have privacy in their financial dealings.
It doesn't mean you're doing illegal stuff.
You just want to use discretion.
[i.e. You wish to purchase a vacuum-augmented self-enhancement device via mail-order catalog].
You don't want that on your bank statement.

The big problem with Bitcoin, at this time, is how it's not centralized.
In theory, the "Programmers" can up and leave with everyone's money.
Then vanish, since their identities are unknown.

I opine the Programmers of Bitcoin would not do that.
While at any one instant, the amount of real cash in their possession would be enormous.
They get their percentage, their cut, their piece of the action, on every transaction.
It's more money for Bitcoin, in the long run, to stay in business.

In my eyes, they are the next generation of previous cash-programs of this nature.
Examples: Western Union, MoneyGram, and PayPal.
The more Bitcoin is accepted, the more it will be accepted.
It's just getting enough positive, consumer-based momentum going for it to roll and accelerate on it's own.

mosi.png

I look forward to that day.

DeletedUser26965

I poop a lot. (Some might say all over the forums; I know I think so,.) If I can convince someone to give me something of value, say their pee, for my poop can I also use the poop to pay anyone here for anything?
But you can't so what's your point. You know you get convinced to buy all sorts of things everyday and so it can be with currency but you are blind to it because you grew up in a system where you're forced into one currency.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...e_Cave&usg=AFQjCNG5FWvBsj_sGCChYjILeRnwYnkxGQ

Algona

But you can't so what's your point. You know you get convinced to buy all sorts of things everyday and so it can be with currency but you are blind to it because you grew up in a system where you're forced into one currency.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjel4Kby-XVAhUBSiYKHZmcDJ4QFggoMAA&url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegory_of_the_Cave&usg=AFQjCNG5FWvBsj_sGCChYjILeRnwYnkxGQ

Son, I'd deeply appreciate it if you don't tell me about me. I extend that courtesy to you, so I'd be thankful if you'd do the same.

DeletedUser9930

Thanks, Ardak, for explaining more about bitcoin :) Unfortunately, you didn't answer my question :-( Oh well, I guess no one wants to explain.

DeletedUser26154

Unfortunately, you didn't answer my question :-( Oh well, I guess no one wants to explain.

Not here to answer your questions.
I had you ignored until recently.
Because all you do is come up with odd topics and start fights over them.
These odd things to champion.
With strange, recurring buddies.

Today it's Bitcoins.
With a guy who likes putting "noob" in his new profile posts.
Who does he remind me of?
Your buddy, too.
You know exactly what I'm saying.

images.jpg

Go to some other, outside forum to discuss your oddball stuff.

DeletedUser27889

Agreed, Lord, Inno is unlikely to accept cryptocurrencies, but, again, why do you care? If bitcoin is accepted, so what?
One possible reason could be if inno accepts bitcoin yet never converts the bitcoin to cash as they are hoping they raise in value, then bitcoin goes under, inno goes under or takes a huge enough loss that it endangers the game.

That being said I have seen bitcoin become quite the mainstream lately and notice more and more sites accepting them. Many people poopood paypal and look at it now... Or rather look at it about 7 years ago. People before that didn't think credit cards were real money.

DeletedUser9930

Thanks, Manda, for trying to answer my question :), but isn't that something for Inno to decide, i.e., they can choose to accept bitcoin without our input.

Ardak, I'm sorry to annoy you, but I'm not "championing" bitcoin acceptance, just questioning the validity of this discussion. In other words, I see no reason for anyone to care if bitcoin acceptance is suggested. And I don't know exactly, or even approximately, what you're trying to convey to me, nor do I understand the relevance of the picture (of course, I'm not visually oriented). PS: I don't 'ignore' anyone, though I may choose to discount what they say. I've found that everyone can make an interesting point on occasion :D

DeletedUser

Thanks, Manda, for trying to answer my question :), but isn't that something for Inno to decide, i.e., they can choose to accept bitcoin without our input.

Ardak, I'm sorry to annoy you, but I'm not "championing" bitcoin acceptance, just questioning the validity of this discussion. In other words, I see no reason for anyone to care if bitcoin acceptance is suggested. And I don't know exactly, or even approximately what you're trying to convey to me, nor do I understand the relevance of the picture (of course, I'm not visually oriented). PS: I don't 'ignore' anyone, though I may choose to discount what they say. I've found that everyone can make an interesting point on occasion :D
Since you don't think this is a valid discussion to be having...why exactly are you in it? If I think a discussion isn't worth having, I generally either stay out of it, or make a comment and be done with it. I believe that if you don't think this discussion is worth having, you should chastise the OP, not the rest of us. He is the one that chose to make this a discussion by posting in this public Forum.

DeletedUser26154

just questioning the validity of this discussion. In other words, I see no reason for anyone to care if bitcoin acceptance is suggested. And I don't know exactly, or even approximately, what you're trying to convey to me, nor do I understand the relevance of the picture (of course, I'm not visually oriented). PS: I don't 'ignore' anyone, though I may choose to discount what they say. I've found that everyone can make an interesting point on occasion

images.jpg

DeletedUser26154

lemonwedgie

All I have to do is acknowledge one of your forum traps.
And it goes for weeks.
The @bitcoin123 account isn't even legitimate.
I bet his city is Bronze Age.

And yet here you are "friend of lemonwedgie"...
Stirring up fights with @Stephen Longshanks and myself with focused determination.
We've been here before, "Friend of Lemonwedgie".

Enough with the charades and who's-who games.

images (4).jpg

I request this highly-inappropriate bait-thread be closed.

DeletedUser9930

Ardak, I didn't even realize that you had anything against lemon, though now that you mention it, I do recall. I don't go in for vendettas, nor am I stirring up a fight. I'm just looking for a reasoned discussion. Is that too much to ask? If it is, I apologize. I thought this forum was for discussion, not personal attacks.

And whether 123 has a 'legitimate account' or not is simply a red herring. Anyone can make a suggestion, even me, though whether I would ever do so is doubtful.

In sum: I have no beef with opponents of lemon, it doesn't even enter my consciousness. You and Longshanks and the others are interesting people and I want to understand. I'm very sorry if anyone feels attacked by what I say :(

DeletedUser26154

Ardak, I didn't even realize that you had anything against lemon, though now that you mention it, I do recall. I don't go in for vendettas, nor am I stirring up a fight. I'm just looking for a reasoned discussion. Is that too much to ask? If it is, I apologize. I thought this forum was for discussion, not personal attacks.

And whether 123 has a 'legitimate account' or not is simply a red herring. Anyone can make a suggestion, even me, though whether I would ever do so is doubtful.

In sum: I have no beef with opponents of lemon, it doesn't even enter my consciousness. You and Longshanks and the others are interesting people and I want to understand. I'm very sorry if anyone feels attacked by what I say

download (5).jpg

No.

DeletedUser9930

Sorry, I'm rather dense and most of the time don't understand your pictures :oops: , including this one. And does your "No" indicate that a reasoned discussion is not too much to ask?

By the way, this discussion really ought to be conducted in private conversation, as it is way off topic.

DeletedUser26154

You are right.
Let's put it up for a vote.
All in favor of Inno accepting Bitcoin say so below.
I vote in favor of it.

download.jpg

+1

Algona

I guess I have to speak more plainly. Someone made a suggestion that doesn't affect game play, yet various individuals rose to condemn it. Why? In other words, why did people reply to what is, essentially, a business decision for Inno to make?

Ya can't have it both ways boss. If it's not amongst player's legitimate concerns to question the request for INNO to adopt bitcoin, then it's not a legitimate request by a player in the first place.

The implication that players should not question a business decision by INNO is preposterous. We play the game, some folk pay for the game, we are all affected by their business decisions.

DeletedUser26965

Son, I'd deeply appreciate it if you don't tell me about me. I extend that courtesy to you, so I'd be thankful if you'd do the same.
Your remarks speak for you, or do you not stand by what you say. To compare the concept of competing currencies to using your stool speaks volumes about you. If you can't stand by that comment then why comment at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.