• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

QUEST OVERVIEW

• Thread starter DeletedUser29247
  • Start date

DeletedUser27889

This change was widely and vehemently criticized on the Beta Forum. Yet here we are — with InnoGames going ahead with it anyway. That really smacks of arrogance.
Actually the first version had it's problems and slowed things down. Then then changed many aspects based on beta reviews.
-The removal of the abort screen
-The repositioning of active quests
-The speed in which new quests load

The finished product seems as though it will be more efficient than what is in the game now. The only negative, which I don't know if this version will have is they later changed where the collect button was which added fractions of second to each collect-meaning a couple minutes to a heavy quester.

I am looking forward to having this on live. The GB level up window is a disaster, this is an actual improvement.

DeletedUser8797

I have been using this NEW APPLICATION in BETA and I believe it is FAR BETTER than the original way we were used to doing quests and I also feel the improvements are EXACTLY what was needed and WILL BE beneficial to everyone in their future gaming here on FORGE : )
THANK YOU for developing and now implementing this concept : IT IS WONDERFUL ! ! !
A FORGE LOVER for 44 months
check

DeletedUser26965

We can do up to 3 Recurring Quests at the same time, if qualified.
It's funny, I just learned a bit ago you could get 3 RQ's for a long time actually, in AF, FE etc. as long as you were at the end of the storyline before then next expansion, seems only end game players can ever have that advantage over everyone else.

We don't have to go through all that grueling click-click-click-Are-You-Sure stuff anymore either?
True you can disable the confirmation box which is great but overall I don't think there's going to much improvement time wise versus the old system. I'll know for sure when it goes live and I can test, takes me apx 30 minutes now with the old system collecting 300 Blacksmiths.

DeletedUser5111

So let me get this straight.
We can do up to 3 Recurring Quests at the same time, if qualified.
We don't have to go through all that grueling click-click-click-Are-You-Sure stuff anymore either?
And the Quest Board is bright and easy to read, too?

View attachment 6993

I can't wait for it to go live.

You kind of still have to as you abort the individual quests, but another quest will slide in at the bottom to take its place.

DeletedUser28970

Wedge: Thanks for making that 'invisible' button visible!!! :D Now I can read about it!

DeletedUser26796

@Wedge Does this mean that recurring quests will be made available to players like me who fall through the cracks of the system, due to being in Iron Age, but on the Ind. Age map, which means I have only 2 quest-lines open, and both of which don't allow me to abort. However, both of these mandatory quest-lines are asking me to complete requirements that are totally not in line/not fitting the Iron Age. My recurring quests just vanished (Approx. 2 months ago), when I got to a certain point in my campaign map, and I am extremely bummed about this.

What is most disheartening is that most other players have access to recurring quests, but I do not. I think it would be nice to give everyone the same opportunities in game. Just like how everyone's story-line quests are the same (With only a couple differences depending on how you play, such as attacking/negotiating in the campaign map), and how everyone has the same tech tree, campaign maps, etc., I think everyone should be allowed to have the abort-able quest-line(s) open to complete.

@Wedge Please let me know of any information you can give me regarding my situation, and if you think that with this new Quest layout/system, will Inno be able to make abort-able quests available for all players? Thank you for your time and help. Hope to hear from you soon. :-Dupload_2017-9-7_19-18-53.png

DeletedUser

@Wedge Does this mean that recurring quests will be made available to players like me who fall through the cracks of the system, due to being in Iron Age, but on the Ind. Age map, which means I have only 2 quest-lines open, and both of which don't allow me to abort. However, both of these mandatory quest-lines are asking me to complete requirements that are totally not in line/not fitting the Iron Age. My recurring quests just vanished (Approx. 2 months ago), when I got to a certain point in my campaign map, and I am extremely bummed about this.

What is most disheartening is that most other players have access to recurring quests, but I do not. I think it would be nice to give everyone the same opportunities in game. Just like how everyone's story-line quests are the same (With only a couple differences depending on how you play, such as attacking/negotiating in the campaign map), and how everyone has the same tech tree, campaign maps, etc., I think everyone should be allowed to have the abort-able quest-line(s) open to complete.

@Wedge Please let me know of any information you can give me regarding my situation, and if you think that with this new Quest layout/system, will Inno be able to make abort-able quests available for all players? Thank you for your time and help. Hope to hear from you soon. :-DView attachment 7061
Dude, seriously. You are another in a growing line of players that are way off the beaten path as far as playing strategy/style, yet want Inno to tailor the game to your eccentric choices. You are 5 ages ahead of your city development on the Continent Map, and you think you're being discriminated against because you screwed up your own access to recurring quests! Everyone does have the same opportunities in this game, you have just blown yours for now. You remind me of guys I used to work with that completely ignored work rules, then cried about getting disciplined for it. No sympathy here, just in case you didn't already figure that out. :rolleyes:

EBeAjT8.jpg

DeletedUser26796

@Stephen Longshanks I only asked the question above for an answer, not sympathy. If anything, I hope Inno skips over the sympathy part, and jumps straight to "Compassion", lol. :-D

inforgraphic.png

DeletedUser

@Stephen Longshanks I only asked the question above for an answer, not sympathy. If anything, I hope Inno skips over the sympathy part, and jumps straight to "Compassion", lol. :-D

inforgraphic.png
Okay, then the answer to your question is no. This is a cosmetic/mechanical change to how we interface with the quests, it won't change which ones are/are not available to you. Happy? I tried to type in my most compassionate voice. ;)

DeletedUser26796

Okay, then the answer to your question is no. This is a cosmetic/mechanical change to how we interface with the quests, it won't change which ones are/are not available to you. Happy? I tried to type in my most compassionate voice. ;)
I think I am going to wait for an Inno employee to respond. I hope that their compassion is more sincere than yours (Since your compassion does not relieve my suffering, lol). :-D

DeletedUser28970

Since your compassion does not relieve my suffering, lol

Stephen is a great guy with great answers and advice. +1

I do seem to notice that people that "camp" tend to run into problems and quite frequently make appearances here on the Forum trying to figure out what went wrong with the 'grand plan' ... Best of luck to you. :)

DeletedUser26120

Hope to hear from you soon. :-D
The new quest system won't change the situation you're in.

I don't believe inno will remedy that specific situation anytime in the near future because they want players to advance through the ages, not camp in one for a long time.

If you plan to camp in an age, you will just have to plan ahead and stay on the same age in the campaign map. If you are too far ahead on the map then that's a strong indicator that it's time to move up in ages.

DeletedUser2393

PLEASE, make an additional button for the reoccurring quests... "Collect & Do it again!" This will eliminate all the aborting non-sense and time wasting to get back to the same exact quest. Obviously if the reoccurring quests are over don't display it but otherwise display it a long with the regular collect button that would take you to the next reoccurring quest.

Also, It would be ideal if you could access FP drop quests or all quests I guess ABOVE the Great building Detail page... so lets say your dropping FP , instead of closing out 5 windows to get back to the quests clicking collect then aborting-ok-aborting-ok*5 then trying to remember what gb you were dropping on for who and continuing on... this would help greatly with that poor window management.