• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

spiral city layout

Salsuero

Pardon my stupidity.. But what the hell is G? You have 6.9G coins?

6.9G ≈ 6,900,000,000

G = Billion. It stands for "giga" as in gigabyte. I also believe M stands for "mega" as in megabyte and not million. It's just a lucky coincidence. K is the more obvious and common "kilo" and so there you have it.

I wonder if the next prefix is a T for "tera" and would the coding even allow for such a number?

Last edited:

DeletedUser27889

6.9G ≈ 6,900,000,000

G = Billion. It stands for "giga" as in gigabyte. I also believe M stands for "mega" as in megabyte and not million. It's just a lucky coincidence. K is the more obvious and common "kilo" and so there you have it.

I wonder if the next prefix is a T for "tera" and would the coding even allow for such a number?
Ah thank you I've been staring at an 'M' for so long I always thought it was 'million', learn something new everyday. =)

BruteForceAttack

6.9G ≈ 6,900,000,000

Yes, https://www.nist.gov/pml/weights-and-measures/prefixes

DeletedUser29563

You can see the corner in my screenshot where I'm missing 2 expansions for a square/rectangle but I don't think it will be a problem adding them and moving the houses.
Agreed...looks like you're on to something here @Dursland...keep posting screenshots as it progresses please. I'm gonna try this on Z..

DeletedUser29563

I continually marvel at how bored you must be with how you can just tear down your town and try something different. You have reached the point of "I don't give a f**k" in this game. But at least I can revel in one small victory over you... I have more diamonds (all unpaid) than you! Yay!!! :p
I think its a testament to this games allure that he is still as active as he is. I visit his city on B every couple weeks just to see what has changed.
I wonder if all of the GB were capped at level 10..as has been suggested numerous times..if @LacLongQuan would still be with us. Or if he would have moved on to another game a long time ago?

DeletedUser31592

If you are in Iron Age, count squares out before you rearrange (or use the city planner). Since my city is new, thus it is small and lacking specialty buildings and GBs, I didn't bother with the city planner. Those stupid butchers and their awkward size. I was in the middle of a 24 hour cycle when I attempted it (dumb, I know), so I didn't want to delete anything other than roads. Once I got 85% done, I realized it wouldn't work because I didn't have enough room for all of my butchers with the spiral. Then, for whatever reason, that arrangement was even harder to reset my city back as it was. No room to move anything.

My two EMA cities are long and rectangular (something I tried and hate- working on making it more square), so I haven't bothered with them. And then my two BA cities don't need rearranged. Everything is 2 x 2.

DeletedUser26120

Agreed...looks like you're on to something here @Dursland...keep posting screenshots as it progresses please. I'm gonna try this on Z..
I've since added those 2 expansions, and 2 more. Seems to be best to wait until you have 2 expansions to expand a corner but otherwise you can put them down one by one as you go.

I will fix the empty space when I get some worthwhile 1x1s. Definitely sticking with this layout, love the fact you can disconnect roads in the middle on either side (like I did to fit in traz) and it doesn't interfere with the rest, thanks to the backup connection on the other side.

I still have over 1,000 pop here, waiting for expansions.

otEj00a.jpg

DeletedUser26120

Sorry to double post but I just won another rogue hideout and wanted to show this example of the flexibility - I was able to move a SoK into that empty 2x2 space then delete 2 roads to make room for the hideout. I also included my city information this time so you can see my progress.

NUrfY8I.jpg

Salsuero

Sorry to double post but I just won another rogue hideout and wanted to show this example of the flexibility - I was able to move a SoK into that empty 2x2 space then delete 2 roads to make room for the hideout. I also included my city information this time so you can see my progress.

So why not something like this instead? You'll have better efficiency by not surrounding the bigger items by roads (Alcatraz, Temple of Relics, etc.). I left the road tiles empty because it's a pain in the butt to draw them in one-by-one, but you get the idea.

Screen shot 2017-12-03 at 8.52.53 PM.jpg Screen shot 2017-12-03 at 8.55.15 PM.jpg

DeletedUser26120

It's nice and seems to provide some extra space but wow that'd be such a pain to rearrange with new buildings, and new GBs.

Not to mention 3x3 housing. With the other way it's a much simpler matter to upgrade.

Salsuero

It's nice and seems to provide some extra space

It definitely does.

...but wow that'd be such a pain to rearrange with new buildings, and new GBs.

Not to mention 3x3 housing. With the other way it's a much simpler matter to upgrade.

You think so? Not gonna argue, but we'll have to agree to disagree. I'm firmly on the other side of your coin. My example gives you more than an expansion and a half that you can use immediately. I don't actually see how sorting out the future is really much different in my version than in yours, in my opinion. But regardless, I'm just offering an alternative viewpoint to the topic. I like to take up as little space as possible on roads in my town, and I don't know that the spiral layout being discussed (even though my version is still somewhat of a spiral design) really makes things that much better for the here and now to be worth it. Of course, I don't plan on building any 3x3 housing (at least not for a very long time, if necessary at all) -- in fact I don't have any tech tree housing at all anymore, 2x2 or otherwise -- so there's that caveat to my perspective. Just my 2¢ of course.

Last edited:

Volodya

Pardon my stupidity.. But what the hell is G? You have 6.9G coins?
Million
Billion
Trillion
Quadrillion

Have you collected so many coin you're up to numbers I've never heard of?
That's a very plausible number. I'm not remotely as advanced in this game as LacLongQuan and I have 1.5G coins. I buy fps with em but my finger gets tired of clicking before I make much of a dent. One particularly industrious day I managed to reduce it to 1.4, but it moved right back to 1.5G in another day or two.

*Arturis*

That's a very plausible number. I'm not remotely as advanced in this game as LacLongQuan and I have 1.5G coins. I buy fps with em but my finger gets tired of clicking before I make much of a dent. One particularly industrious day I managed to reduce it to 1.4, but it moved right back to 1.5G in another day or two.
Do UBQ, much better yield especially when your coin buy beyond 500k, but then you will hate it cuz of more clicking lol.

So why not something like this instead? You'll have better efficiency by not surrounding the bigger items by roads (Alcatraz, Temple of Relics, etc.). I left the road tiles empty because it's a pain in the butt to draw them in one-by-one, but you get the idea.

View attachment 8876 View attachment 8877
This actually is better (look/efficiency) than the spiral set up. You want your city to look good and efficient at the same time, spiral sometimes doesn't work. I found that the bathtub setting is much better by having all the big building in the outer of your city and all the small one inside of the 'tub' ring, easier to manage when you want to change your city with the room you have which only takes a few road for all kind of stuff you want to put in the middle.

Last edited:

DeletedUser26120

Indeed.

I plan on getting a lot of GBs and my city will likely be filled with SoKs, terrace farms, SSKs, and so on - which means I need rows that will likely stay static for a long while so the ring design works much better for me.

I even thought that if I get enough SoKs, I wouldn't need to change the outside when moving to 3x/4x housing - could just put SoKs there and put housing in middle.