• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Daily Challenges Feedback

DeletedUser26916

Based on the example posted-- it mentioned the campaign map... If you're in OF and you've cleared the map, how will you complete that objective? Does the DC take into account Current Age player is in?

DeletedUser31382

I have some bad news for you...

Wow good question, never even thought of that as I only play in GE4 guilds lol. I'd guess some guilds will lose members if they don't unlock - simple as that.

You only have a chance of getting a GE criteria if you have unlocked GE encounters available. My guild only unlocks level three, which I complete on the third day. I have never had a GE criteria pop up after all unlocked GE is complete.

On a related note to those worried about combat criteria, most of them are trivial. Need to beat x units? Use long distance units to kill a few enemy troops and retreat before they get to you. Need to win x battles in a row? Keep notes on which neighbors still have two spearmen defending.

The only one I wasn't able to complete was when I left the last few GE encounters uncompleted one day and got a 'complete 4 GE encounters by fighting' criteria the next morning. I've since learned my lesson and complete one GE map per day, which leaves the easiest four fights each morning just in case that criteria pops up.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26120

If daily challenges just started today, why when I logged in 30 minutes ago to start it, did the timer have 1 hour 50 minutes remaining to complete challenges. This seems a bit harsh.
Default for daily challenges is to start at 8am server time. They released the feature today, so unfortunately there was a severe time overlap.

Some of you will get lucky and be able to complete the first day's in just two hours but others will just have to accept this and start them at 8am.

Nothing about this situation has been ideal but at least we have them now. If you feel you want to say something to the developers about it, maybe ask for compensation for the lack of challenges, you could go and post on beta forums. They are active there.

Saladene

unless a player has 5 resource buildings already making 8 hour production, then no one will get bonus for today. And everyone will start in the negative on the consecutive completed bar on bottom of page, Game developers need to rethink, and restart this.

DeletedUser32348

If daily challenges just started today, why when I logged in 30 minutes ago to start it, did the timer have 1 hour 50 minutes remaining to complete challenges. This seems a bit harsh.
You might've forgotten to refresh the webpage. I hope that explains the delayed timing.

qaccy

And we appreciate your blanket dismissal of the inequity of the Daily Challenges being partially released for so long.

I'm actually providing reasons as to why it's not that big a deal. People are trying to claim a short-term advantage is going to have a long-term impact, which simply isn't the case. Go back to that post. Do you think anyone's going to remember or be able to tell who had DCs early a year from now? I'm being realistic here, not merely handwaving it away. The real issue I'm seeing is people being upset about it being available to some players and not others, rather than however large or small that advantage might actually be. It was the exact same thing with incidents, and I think we can all agree that those are measurably less impactful than DCs are, yet still elicited the same response from the community over their release.

DeletedUser32307

a 4-hr production 33 times in a 24 hour period. Luckily i had the space to build a bunch of blacksmiths to even possibly do this this but doesn't anyone think for the average person this is excessive? All for a possibility of a residential building or coins.

DeletedUser27849

Wow got take over a entire province in my first one, lucky that I have a couple just sitting an open. Would of sucked if I had to scout it first.

DeletedUser32348

a 4-hr production 33 times in a 24 hour period. Luckily i had the space to build a bunch of blacksmiths to even possibly do this this but doesn't anyone think for the average person this is excessive? All for a possibility of a residential building or coins.
Finish 7 daily challenges in 7 days and get a Grand prize of about 50 forge points or some other event buildings or maybe Shrine of knowledge or Rogue Hideouts.

DeletedUser

It was the exact same thing with incidents, and I think we can all agree that those are measurably less impactful than DCs are, yet still elicited the same response from the community over their release.
No, it did not elicit the same response. In fact, I posted repeatedly that it was no big deal. And the advantage gained from a month's head start will snowball in this game, just like in every other aspect of it.

DeletedUser31498

Finish 7 daily challenges in 7 days and get a Grand prize of about 50 forge points or some other event buildings or maybe Shrine of knowledge or Rogue Hideouts.
So I had 2 hours to do way too many production quests. I requested to start at 7 am, and now have to wait until tomorrow which makes sense.

As for the challenger's chest, does one need to win 7 in a row? and does that particular chest remain until I achieve 7, or does it change every X days?

DeletedUser31440

unless a player has 5 resource buildings already making 8 hour production, then no one will get bonus for today. And everyone will start in the negative on the consecutive completed bar on bottom of page, Game developers need to rethink, and restart this.

If this is in regards to collect X goods, you can satisfy it by accepting market trades, goods received from GE, goods from GE Relics, goods from GB's, goods from incidents, and goods from quests. I'm sure I'm missing a few as well, so plenty of ways to complete if you try.

Freshmeboy

Interesting it would start on a Thursday...how many people have finished GE by then...? And the sector quests will pop up if they are open in provinces. So what happens in the next event .../ Why they ask you to scout so that sectors are available to complete the weekly challenge..INNO is using backdoor approach to getting you to advance here...hmmmm...sneaky..

DeletedUser25795

As for the challenger's chest, does one need to win 7 in a row?

From my understanding no you don't for example: You do 5 miss 1 then do 3 (5-1+3 =7) . Every time you do one you get a +1, every time you miss one you get a -1. When you get to +7 you win the chest.

However if you only play 3 times a week you will never reach +7 you would need to successfully complete a minimum of 4 days every week to eventually get to a +7.

Only had DC's today so not tested it myself, just my understanding of the info I read.

Last edited by a moderator:

Freshmeboy

I'm happy with the DC avatar though....I had feared they would pop out another dooficus like Rinbin to manage the challenges...