• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Daily Challenges Feedback

DeletedUser4770

If Daily Challenges are new to you, we hope you'll enjoy this new twist to your daily routine :). If you wish to leave any comments, please place your comments here :).

Thank you for playing Forge of Empires!

Yours,
The Forge of Empires Team

DeletedUser31392

2+ months and I see a sector needed for a quest.....yeah, gonna have some pisse d off folks on the forums come the end of the week...I can see the proposals now...

Funny enough, the Winter Event Wuest the day of DC release is to either Scout a Province or Complete GE Level 3. Gonna be a rough few weeks.

Notes to remember from Beta thread readings:
Acquiring Sectors/Provinces will only appear as a task if you have Sectors/Provinces scouted and ready to fight/negotiate. Plan Scouting and conquering provinces in a timely manner, I suggest using Alternates for Scouting when made available to avoid opening unwanted Sectors so the task does not appear on the DC list.

Completing GE (should) make those related tasks not appear as well. Not sure if this was given, or if it was figured by players with no clear answer given.

Researches will never appear as a task, don’t even begin to think about whining about that, they already fixed that well early in the testing phase.

Productions: YES! DC’s are going to ask for a lot of variant productions. If you do not have Production buildings you will still get these Tasks! According to Devs the amount of productions asked for DOES NOT correlate to the number of production buildings you have. Get ready to dedicate a small portion of your land space to Blacksmiths, unless you are a Quester in HMA/CA you probably won’t have near enough to complete the tasks in less than a day. No, Inno will not change it, in fact I think whining about it made things worse for players.

The rewards are NOT imbalanced. If you feel you are being cheated on rewards you need to record your winning and compare what you have received over a long period of time. Guild members of mine have done nearly every single DC since the trial on Live began, and they have received numourous Special and Event Buildings, along with 100’s (if not 1000’s) of fps, along with other rewards such as Unattached Troops, Special Barracks, Medals, Coins, and Supplies.

Yes, it will suck when yourbdaily choice of Chest is between unattached Drummers you don’t want, and Coin Packages you don’t need. Pick your poison, finish (or skip) your tasks, and collect (or don’t) your counter token to the Challenger’s Reward Chest.

A HUGE reminder to everyone out there! This feature is meant to CHALLENGE (Note that Challenge is in the title of the feature, remember that when you complain it’s too difficult) us as a player to complete the tasks at hand for chances to win great prizes. Yes, “crap” rewards are a possibility. Deal with them, or don’t do the DC’s. It is not a required feature (as is nothing else in this game). Don’t like it? Don’t do it! Simple as that.

And with that, to everyone who has been dying to get a taste of DCs, get your Production buildings warmed up, don’t do ANY actions until after you see what tasks are at hand that day (thisbcaused my guildies to miss a few days simply because they collected their Tavern before DC started, and do remember you can change the start time to coincide with your game play. I would recommend to set it to a time that you will be able to both finish the previous days DC tasks and begin work on the next days.

Hope everyone has fun, and good luck getting the rewards you want ^_^

DeletedUser29623

I have a question for those with a lot of Daily Challenges under their belts: how often do they include an item requiring that you win a battle?

Freshmeboy

Thanks for the tips, Mek....the way I figure this, INNO kept this competitive advantage from 99.9999% of the gaming population so it could be tested live...this is our turn to bitch about their testing procedures not being thorough enough and the prizes not being worth the time, sector, etc......what else would we do on the forums...?

qaccy

I'm still not convinced that the players who got DCs early had as much of an advantage as people were trying to claim, but I'm looking forward to confirming for myself and seeing what all the fuss is about.

DeletedUser31397

A HUGE reminder to everyone out there! This feature is meant to CHALLENGE (Note that Challenge is in the title of the feature, remember that when you complain it’s too difficult) us as a player to complete the tasks at hand for chances to win great prizes. Yes, “crap” rewards are a possibility. Deal with them, or don’t do the DC’s. It is not a required feature (as is nothing else in this game). Don’t like it? Don’t do it! Simple as that.

Easy to say until you start getting palm trees and other 'crap' prizes in succession. I still stand by what I said on Beta that some DC prizes should not be there in the first place. It's still best to do them as most of the challenger prizes are pretty worthwhile and the percentages from several chests have high rates of good prizes.

I have a question for those with a lot of Daily Challenges under their belts: how often do they include an item requiring that you win a battle?

These are quite common. I get them around every 3 days on beta that require you to win around 6-8 battles and sometimes without losing in between.

Mek2 explained most of the characteristics of Daily Challenges. One thing I think he forgot is with GE, I have found that the GE requirements only appear on Tuesday when GE starts each week. These will usually vary from negotiating encounters, fighting encounters, and winning encounters without losing in between. I have not gotten any GE requirements after Tuesday for DCs while during my time on Beta.

DeletedUser31440

The announcement didn't mention it, what will become of the Treasure Hunt, I thought that I had heard it was going away when Daily Challenges were rolled out.

DeletedUser29623

These are quite common. I get them around every 3 days on beta that require you to win around 6-8 battles and sometimes without losing in between.

Very helpful thanks, since I don't do battles. You know from the start that this is one of the requirements and can bail if you aren't into it, with no penalty, right?

DeletedUser31440

Very helpful thanks, since I don't do battles. You know from the start that this is one of the requirements and can bail if you aren't into it, with no penalty, right?

Penalty will be not getting the token and not getting the prize for doing 7 in a row, if I'm reading the announcement correctly.

qaccy

The announcement didn't mention it, what will become of the Treasure Hunt, I thought that I had heard it was going away when Daily Challenges were rolled out.

I don't think the two are necessarily related; it was just a coincidence. It's even possible to speculate that the treasure hunt won't actually be removed at all. After such a long length of time between its removal from beta and it still existing on all other servers, it's certainly possible its days are still numbered but it's also possible that they could have taken player feedback over the removal into account, and they're now looking more closely at usage data on the live servers and/or are working on updating it instead.

Quest tasks cannot be seen until you select your chest for the day, and failing to complete the tasks/skipping them entirely removes 1 tick of progress towards the 7 completions needed to obtain the Challenger's Bounty reward.

DeletedUser31392

Easy to say until you start getting palm trees and other 'crap' prizes in succession. I still stand by what I said on Beta that some DC prizes should not be there in the first place. It's still best to do them as most of the challenger prizes are pretty worthwhile and the percentages from several chests have high rates of good prizes.

I still stand by the fact that Inno needs some “crap” prizes in the chests to keep it balanced. Its going to suck a lot yes, but if they weren’t there the “good” prizes would be overflowing peoples inventories and then they would complain they had too many of those as well, so we can’t win

Mek2 explained most of the characteristics of Daily Challenges. One thing I think he forgot is with GE, I have found that the GE requirements only appear on Tuesday when GE starts each week. These will usually vary from negotiating encounters, fighting encounters, and winning encounters without losing in between. I have not gotten any GE requirements after Tuesday for DCs while during my time on Beta.

Hmmm that’s weird. Maybe coincidence because the members in my Guild that do it daily have said they’ve gotten the GE related tasks late in the week, like fight to win X encounters in GE (and while they are in level 4 as well which really sucked). Is it possible you just finish GE within the first 2-3 days and you haven’t had the task appear because of it? Just curious to know, but I suppose someone will find out the hard way for sure on Thursday

Freshmeboy

Now that the rollout will benefit everyone I wonder what will become of the event prizes...? We have seen some pretty damn good event buildings in the last year, event buildings that doubled and trebled my fp output, allowed me the power of the Arc and essentially changed my game...Will the new event buildings be lessened now that DC;s are in play...? SoKs or event buildings themselves available on a weekly basis may be the new game changing mechanic and leave the events in the dust. I'm curious if this mechanic will favor the upper era players rather than lower era due to the immense resources and power they already hold. It's an interesting piece of the puzzle in the overall vision and design by the devs, the question is will we develop strategies around it to maximize our success...?

DeletedUser26120

I'm still not convinced that the players who got DCs early had as much of an advantage as people were trying to claim
I don't know about that. In Z world the #2 player had them and the #1 player didn't. Now the #2 player is ahead (at #1 now) and I'm fairly certain the other guy has actually spent more - so yes it really matters.

He got 30 days of daily challenges and that was enough for him to pull ahead, despite being behind in tech.

qaccy

@Dursland But can you say it's because of DCs exclusive to all other factors? I just don't think it's mathematically feasible for a months' worth of DC rewards to make any sort of appreciable difference in a situation where it's generally diamond usage that dictates player score. It's only going to be over a long, protracted period where this sort of advantage might start to become apparent - just going over the numbers in my head, a month is not enough time for that unless you're high-rolling DC rewards each and every day. Which as I said, isn't really mathematically feasible.