• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Surgery, the Arc and Good-bye

DeletedUser

I am having surgery on my right arm tomorrow, which will result in extreme difficulty in playing for the next couple of months. Contemplation of this has caused me to reflect on how the game has changed since the introduction of the Arc and the subsequent surge in hyper-leveling GBs, along with the directly related upsurge in sniping. I don't like how the overpowered Arc has warped the game. I mean, I really don't like it. I have decided that the trouble of trying to play left-handed, combined with the warping of the game by the Arc, is not worth it. Therefore, I will be saying good-bye after almost 3 years of playing. I will miss many people here, but it's time to return to real life.

DeletedUser29218

I hope you change your mind. It was entertaining to read you.
Doing everyday activities with the bad hand is not as terrible as it seems, you get used to it.

DeletedUser8428

I am having surgery on my right arm tomorrow, which will result in extreme difficulty in playing for the next couple of months. Contemplation of this has caused me to reflect on how the game has changed since the introduction of the Arc and the subsequent surge in hyper-leveling GBs, along with the directly related upsurge in sniping. I don't like how the overpowered Arc has warped the game. I mean, I really don't like it. I have decided that the trouble of trying to play left-handed, combined with the warping of the game by the Arc, is not worth it. Therefore, I will be saying good-bye after almost 3 years of playing. I will miss many people here, but it's time to return to real life.

You will be missed!

Freshmeboy

Mr. Longshanks, much has been debated in these forums in my time here, and while we didn't always agree, yours was an opinion I respected. I wish you well in your surgery and good fortune in your new FOE-less life..Take care, Stephen...

DeletedUser31498

While I do "hate" you in jest on the forums, in real life I hope surgery goes well and you change your mind and we see you back here soon.

DeletedUser31440

*Insert kind words, warm thoughts, and other mushy emotional stuff here*
Now that that is out of the way, what will you do with all of your new found free time?

DeletedUser31308

The times they are a-changin'. You aren't the first and won't be the last to prefer to live in the past. Good luck on the surgery, and on finding another sink for your time.

DeletedUser26120

RIP best of luck.

If you wanna log in once or twice a day and drop fps on my gbs in Z I wouldn't complain. :)

The packs+medals could come in handy if you decide to come back after 2 months.

DeletedUser

Thank you all for the well wishes. I have enjoyed my time on this Forum. I will try to get on and let you know how the surgery goes. And who knows, in a couple of months I may actually miss arguing with you all. Who am I kidding? I already miss it.

I have much love for my friends here, and I wish you all the very best in life. (Just in case I stick with this decision when my right arm is back in action.)

DeletedUser32328

Goodbye Stephen. I won't say farewell as you leave the door open on a possible return, which I hope will happen. Best wishes for your surgery, hope it all goes as smoothly as possible.