• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Why do I need...

ahsay

Why do I need 6 recurring threads that say, "In a production building, finish a 24-hour production 6 times"?

ahsay

That's easy, dev's saw your post history here, decided you wouldn't be able to understand the quest the first time through, and they gave it to you 6 times hoping that it would be enough for you to figure out. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have been enough.
My post history is similar to what late night comedians have been saying for two years...yawn...try again.

DeletedUser29726

1) You actually have 3 copies of that quest, not 6 in OF.
2) You may have them active at the same time - this means if you're at a point with 3 recurring quests open you can get 3 quests completed at once for 6 24 hr productions instead of 1.
3) I'm not actually defending these particular recurring quests as it encourages people in oceanic future to make cities full of blacksmiths which is frankly ridiculous, but the existence of 3 of them does serve a purpose.

ahsay

2) You may have them active at the same time - this means if you're at a point with 3 recurring quests open you can get 3 quests completed at once for 6 24 hr productions instead of 1.
3) I'm not actually defending these particular recurring quests as it encourages people in oceanic future to make cities full of blacksmiths which is frankly ridiculous, but the existence of 3 of them does serve a purpose.
No...I actually have 3 each on two separate quest lines for a total of 6.

DeletedUser29726

those two seperate questlines share the same quest pool. while one is active in one line, it can't be active in the other - hence why you 'need' more than one. Once you get 3 seperate questlines you'll be able to have all 3 up at once.

Graviton

Speaking to #3 there, I'm wondering if the last two Event production buildings were added to encourage advanced players to use them instead of blacksmiths. Blacksmiths are still smaller, but they aren't producing amounts worth a darn. I'm hoping a lot of those blacksmiths are being replaced...

ahsay

Sorry XI. I only need one copy in each recurring questline. The other two, in each recurring questline, are redundant.

I have 3 questlines now. I can only do one in each questline, so even with your line of reasoning the most I could do is 3 24hr quests? How do I do 6 simultaneously?

Lastly, CS agrees with me but according to them...I only have one 24 quest in each questline...they don't see the extra two. I told them, trust me, they're there. I have to scroll through 3 24 quests in two different recurring questlines. Bottomline it's a glitch even CS recognizes.

DeletedUser

Sorry XI. I only need one copy in each recurring questline. The other two, in each recurring questline, are redundant.

I have 3 questlines now. I can only do one in each questline, so even with your line of reasoning the most I could do is 3 24hr quests? How do I do 6 simultaneously?

Lastly, CS agrees with me but according to them...I only have one 24 quest in each questline...they don't see the extra two. I told them, trust me, they're there. I have to scroll through 3 24 quests in two different recurring questlines. Bottomline it's a glitch even CS recognizes.
The way recurring quests work in this game, if there were only one in each questline, then when it was the active quest on one, it would be unavailable on the other one or two. By putting three in each questline, the player is able to have it active on all RQ slots simultaneously. A good example is the "Collect 1,000,000 Coins" quest. You can only have it active on one questline because it's only on each questline once.

This can hardly be a glitch, or it would have been fixed by now, so it must be intentional.

ahsay

Stephen, do you have to scroll through 6, "In a production building, finish a 24-hour production 6 times". In your recurring quests?

If it's not a glitch then why does CS want to help me fix it?

DeletedUser

Stephen, do you have to scroll through 6, "In a production building, finish a 24-hour production 6 times". In your recurring quests?

If it's not a glitch then why does CS want to help me fix it?
I do in my OF city. But it's not a problem for me. And it's nice to have the option to collect the quest 2 or 3 times for each 6 buildings you collect from. I don't know who "CS" is, but this is a long established feature of OF RQs. I heard about it long before I ever reached OF. If it were a glitch, Inno would have fixed it by now because it's common knowledge.

ahsay

Stephen, 3 quests, two of them recurring. I can collect on that 24 hour quest three times simultaneously...great. We agree.

How do I collect 6 times simultaneously? I can't? Then why is "In a production building, finish a 24-hour production 6 times" written six times in the two recurring questlines? Not to mention one time in the non-recurring questline too. This where we don't agree, I only need the quest written one time in each of the three questlines not 7 total. When you're looping, an extra 4 lines of the same quest is unnecessary it simply slows things down.

CS is customer service, you can get customer service when you right click on the screen. They said they would love to "solve" the problem but they don't see it on their end.

DeletedUser

Stephen, 3 quests, two of them recurring. I can collect on that 24 hour quest three times simultaneously...great. We agree.

How do I collect 6 times simultaneously? I can't? Then why is "In a production building, finish a 24-hour production 6 times" written six times in the two recurring questlines? Not to mention one time in the non-recurring questline too. This where we don't agree, I only need the quest written one time in each of the three questlines not 7 total. When you're looping, an extra 4 lines of the same quest is unnecessary it simply slows things down.

CS is customer service, you can get customer service when you right click on the screen. They said they would love to "solve" the problem but they don't see it on their end.
You're not getting it. Any quest that is only "written" once on each questline can only be active on one questline at a time. That's how it works from Bronze Age all the way up. You can never have the "collect coins" quest on more than one questline BECAUSE it's only written once to each one. So in order for it to be available to each questline simultaneously, it has to be written multiple times to each questline.

ahsay

"""You're not getting it. Any quest that is only "written" once on each questline can only be active on one questline at a time.""" ...and how does 3x on each questline help? Wouldn't two times be enough?