• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Plunder progress

Graviton

I became a plunderer today...

Until now I have only plundered players who plundered me first. But when I popped up in the top 10 in my hood in my youngest city (LMA), I thought "what the hell". I have seven cities and it's past time I tried something really different in one or two of them. So I plundered my way through a lot of the hood today. Picked up a bunch of goods (from unboosted buildings in a couple of cases) and a couple of FPs.

This will become a daily thing in at least two of my worlds. I'm looking forward to posting some crymail soon...

DeletedUser36624

Had another customer almost completely demolish their city. The previous customer who did so is back in my hood this rotation, evidently having been slowly restoring their city, but as soon as I dropped by to say 'hi!' ran off not to be seen again. So many others I can see them peeping through the blinds when I ring the bell crash through the door, but they try to make it look like no one is home.

I'm starting to feel like people just don't like me. I try so hard to make their plunderee experience all it can be, and there's just no appreciation for a job well done. :(

DeletedUser32389

Me and my guild mates are 5 of the top 6 in the hood, and 7 strong over all. We have a thread going for when productions are up, and what everyone has for defense. It's absolutely brilliant . :)

Bruadhin

Any general tips to effective plundering? I find I generally don't put the effort into noting or remembering defenses and good loot.

DeletedUser32389

Any general tips to effective plundering? I find I generally don't put the effort into noting or remembering defenses and good loot.
I live on the east coast and wake up early by nature. Early morning is a good time to plunder because people set up 8 hour productions before they go to bed.

DeletedUser31440

I don't plunder but I would think you could find out a lot of people's collection times if you aid everyone the first day or two of a new hood. Note the times that people aid you back and that will probably be around their collection time. For the others that don't aid, if they have a GB that you can get 5th or 6th on for one fp you will get a notification when they flip it, I wouldn't waste more than one fp on it though.

Edit: I don't plunder unless attacked, and then I don't put any effort into finding out collection times.

Jern2017

One of the tactics I use:

Before attacking a player, visit their city. Make sure you have animations turned on and check their buildings. A lot of them have animations (smoke coming out a goods building or people working on a Terrace Farm). If there is no animation, there's a good chance the building has stopped producing and is waiting for someone to collect from it.

ODragon

If you don't put in the work, you don't get as many rewards. There have been some good suggestions with relation to times and what to look for. Myself, I also check before bed. If possible, if you're not going to keep notes, guaranteed fp is better than potential fp. Ie, an emperor's entrance with one attached item is a guaranteed fp vs a bazaar which could be two or could be crap.

If there is no fp available, go for the good you need the most. Even unboosted, its more than you had before the plunder.

Unless you are taking to help your guild, you only need to take your current age, age before or age after goods. And focus on plundering those goods that you don't produce.

I would say, even if just for DC reasona, make sure you know 5 cities with only two spearmen defence. This will make DC and events easier.

DeletedUser30900

I don't plunder but I would think you could find out a lot of people's collection times if you aid everyone the first day or two of a new hood. Note the times that people aid you back and that will probably be around their collection time. For the others that don't aid, if they have a GB that you can get 5th or 6th on for one fp you will get a notification when they flip it, I wouldn't waste more than one fp on it though.

Edit: I don't plunder unless attacked, and then I don't put any effort into finding out collection times.
this is actually very wise and I'm surprised nobody else likes this post...

Bruadhin

If you don't put in the work, you don't get as many rewards. There have been some good suggestions with relation to times and what to look for. Myself, I also check before bed. If possible, if you're not going to keep notes, guaranteed fp is better than potential fp. Ie, an emperor's entrance with one attached item is a guaranteed fp vs a bazaar which could be two or could be crap.

If there is no fp available, go for the good you need the most. Even unboosted, its more than you had before the plunder.

Unless you are taking to help your guild, you only need to take your current age, age before or age after goods. And focus on plundering those goods that you don't produce.

I would say, even if just for DC reasona, make sure you know 5 cities with only two spearmen defence. This will make DC and events easier.

Thank you and thank you to everyone for your suggestions. I admit I am a bit lazy in tracking and know I could do better if I did.

Yes, I rarely find anything with fp so I focus on goods I need or don't produce.

My attack bonuses are rather low, I blew up the tree to PE and tend to negotiate sectors and GE. I am going to camp for a while to build up my GBs.

I do try to remember some weak defenses for DC, however even then I'm not as good at doing so as I should be.

DeletedUser36624

Weekends are awesome for plundering. People sleep in, or they're out getting drunk and not collecting on time.

I have a customer with two Palaces (sucks that they are IA, but c'est la vie). I nailed one the first day because he wasn't expecting it, and since then he has been pretty good at collecting the Palaces and his goods buildings on time and he moved the time the Palaces pop. But I was able to use how much his regular production buildings were producing combined with when the houses and Royal Marble Gateway produced to narrow down his collection times to get a better window on when the Palaces were likely to be due. Unfortunately, they are still IA, but the FP are always tasty.

DeletedUser30900

This is a second level suggestion and most save these kinds of secrets so they aren't used against them.
I can see that. I remember back in the days i was trying to create a guide for plunders. Then i realized that might cause me getting some competitions from my readers, so i gave up that idea, lol.