• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Is a 1000 FP/Day City Possible?

mamboking053

It's a bit of a challenge mathematically and I suppose there's no such things as "max" in FoE since GB's can theoretically improve infinitely...

But in practical terms...limiting any GB to level 81...I was wondering what is the maximum FP you can get from a city if you can all expansions available?

At the moment all FP-bearing GB's leveled to 81 will give a total of 370 fp/day.

In my world, Zorskog, the top player has about 73 event buildings in his city with the rest being GB's and general stuff. Since the FP drops vary between them, I gave each event building an average 4 fp/building drop to be conservative.

* I also did not add the new HC because it's variable.

73 x 4 = 292 + 370 = 662 fp/day

Obviously this is just a conservative estimate and doesn't account for variable city-planning and what non-FP producing buildings one considers necessary or not in the city. (like sleigh builders)

However, I also noted that this city did not take advantage of some of the customized event-set layouts that seek to maximize FP production (like Cherry Garden). The example I'm using also contains GB's I feel could be removed from the city when a person is at a high enough level- such as the RAH, Observatory, and a lot of HoF's. (* I'm not sure if the HoF yield at higher levels is worth it in terms of gaining points for your guild, but I'm also not entirely sure that the increase in guild rank is necessarily more productive than what can be done with an increase in FP/day to a persons city)

Also, the average size of each event building or set varies and was not taken into account here. Some were large and the smallest is a 4x4, but they all existed with a multi-functional city (able to do more things besides strict FP production) so using it was acceptable in my opinion.

However, do you think it is at all possible to reach a guaranteed 1000FP/day city in FoE- excluding variables like GE, ToR, HC, and that sort?

Last edited:

Algona

Interesting question.

Space is the limit. Add up the Expanions (113?). Subtract the space for the GBs. (Does Blue Galaxy factor in?)

Divide the remaining space by 662 FP. That's the FP density you need to achieve with the rest of the city.

Are you allowing multiple Colossi, Thelosi, Ships, Yggy? If so, which one gives the highest density FPs? (yggy?)

I would argue the max lvl 81 GB should be the max lvl achieved in game. But your challenge, your rules.

DeletedUser29726

Interesting question.

Space is the limit. Add up the Expanions (113?). Subtract the space for the GBs. (Does Blue Galaxy factor in?)

Divide the remaining space by 662 FP. That's the FP density you need to achieve with the rest of the city.

Are you allowing multiple Colossi, Thelosi, Ships, Yggy? If so, which one gives the highest density FPs? (yggy?)

I would argue the max lvl 81 GB should be the max lvl achieved in game. But your challenge, your rules.

Multiple Ygg aren't possible - after 15 settlements you have 1 fully upgraded ygg tree and only get 50 FP as the main reward from then out. Packing the city with colossus or winter spire (both 3 squares / FP including half road) would've probably been the most practical option. But if diamonds are no object multiple lv 5 greater runestones (2.5 squares / FP including half road) is probably the most efficient spammable option (unlike the ygg tree you can keep getting more runestone fragments).

mamboking053

Interesting question.

Yeah, I did, but I didn't add their true value. To get the most conservative, minimum FP/day count possible I just made it so that every event building gave 4 fp. Since there are those that give more than that I'm sure the 662 I arrived at could go up by 30 fp or more.

mamboking053

Multiple Ygg aren't possible - after 15 settlements you have 1 fully upgraded ygg tree and only get 50 FP as the main reward from then out. Packing the city with colossus or winter spire (both 3 squares / FP including half road) would've probably been the most practical option. But if diamonds are no object multiple lv 5 greater runestones (2.5 squares / FP including half road) is probably the most efficient spammable option (unlike the ygg tree you can keep getting more runestone fragments).

Yes. I only added event buildings because- especially with recent ones-
* the fp/square count is high
* the area it covers requires 1 aid whereas SoK's or Grunestones require 4 or more
* event buildings will give you multiple benefits whereas the other two are limited, allowing you to still be flexible with other areas of the game while still focusing on fp production

*Arturis*

Realistically, I made 2-4K a day including every way to get forgepoints
City collection is around 700.

Emberguard

If we're counting Arc GB contributions, absolutely 100% possible. If we're only counting in city collections it'd depend on if you're talking about with or without diamond expansions, all the medal expansions, spending money on multiple event buildings, lvl of GBs etc

mamboking053

If we're counting Arc GB contributions, absolutely 100% possible. If we're only counting in city collections it'd depend on if you're talking about with or without diamond expansions, all the medal expansions, spending money on multiple event buildings, lvl of GBs etc

Ah yeah, that's right. It would probably take years to get so many event buildings by simply playing. I guess even if it were possible it might be impractical.

mamboking053

Realistically, I made 2-4K a day including every way to get forgepoints
City collection is around 700.

Sources of forge points that are not consistent were not included. That includes things like GB's that do not give FP directly, FP swaps or collections of GB donations, WW's or FoY's, anything RNG-based, etc...

DeletedUser32824

Sources of forge points that are not consistent were not included. That includes things like GB's that do not give FP directly, FP swaps or collections of GB donations, WW's or FoY's, anything RNG-based, etc...
What about selling goods acquired from your city? I think that might be what he is talking about.

DeletedUser34436

I’ve hit 308 so far, but that’s without focusing exclusively on producing forge points. Even assuming I don’t touch my Greater Buildings, I’ll reach 400 later this year once I have enough space for this custom build I’m working on.

But I think I’d actually like try to achieve this. I’d like to keep my Deal Castle and Saint Basil’s Cathedral to give my defense firepower rather than just sitting still and being whittled down. I don’t even have any experience with Arctic or Oceanic Futures so I don’t know what I need to survive even though I’m headed there.

I’m completely open to criticism though and more than willing to listen.

mamboking053

What about selling goods acquired from your city? I think that might be what he is talking about.

Not that either. Basically, the only things factored in where items that specifically state that they give you FP, it's not based on RNG, and it is collected regularly - like GB's and SoK's are collected 24 hours.

It's kind of like saying how much money does Michael Jordan make purely playing basketball without counting all the money he gets from sponsorship's, extra business ventures, signing autographs, speeches, etc.

mamboking053

I’ve hit 308 so far, but that’s without focusing exclusively on producing forge points. Even assuming I don’t touch my Greater Buildings, I’ll reach 400 later this year once I have enough space for this custom build I’m working on.

I'm intrigued about what your custom build is? If you want to share it I wouldn't hate you for it.

But I think I’d actually like try to achieve this. I’d like to keep my Deal Castle and Saint Basil’s Cathedral to give my defense firepower rather than just sitting still and being whittled down. I don’t even have any experience with Arctic or Oceanic Futures so I don’t know what I need to survive even though I’m headed there.

Yeah, that's one of the kinks. I don't know what the hidden costs of aging up are going to be. When I aged up to Industrial the UBQ's require twice as many production buildings- which led to a pretty big drop in productivity from that angle. Even so, unless something changes, if I want the max amount of space that's exactly what I'm going to have to do.

DeletedUser34436

I'm intrigued about what your custom build is? If you want to share it I wouldn't hate you for it.

I posted it here, “The Piazza Hut.” Initially just as a design because I was a little embarrassed at the costs to build it and that it would look like I whipped out a credit card to do so when I really didn’t.

I really am building it though. Three times over. I’m 36 pieces away from the 108 needed to complete it.

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com...t-custom-builds-piazza-hut.25295/#post-238456

Though it could probably be a moot point soon if they’re going to delete the rest of my cities for using sexually explicit names like “The Butt Wizard” and “Barony of Booty” in my account and city naming.

mamboking053

I posted it here, “The Piazza Hut.” Initially just as a design because I was a little embarrassed at the costs to build it and that it would look like I whipped out a credit card to do so when I really didn’t.

I really am building it though. Three times over. I’m 36 pieces away from the 108 needed to complete it.

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com...t-custom-builds-piazza-hut.25295/#post-238456

Though it could probably be a moot point soon if they’re going to delete the rest of my cities for using sexually explicit names like “The Butt Wizard” and “Barony of Booty” in my account and city naming.

Lol. Don't let'em shake ya. "Butt"

When did you go from dreaming about it to actually trying to build it, lol? Seems that big heap of stats was too seductive for ya :)

I like it. I've seen cities that spam the event buildings, but wondered how much more efficiency they would have gotten if they would have just saved all their resources, waited for this single event (or Cherry Garden if they prefer attack boost) and spammed the hell out of it? These level 2 sets seem to be the most powerful of the event offerings. Either way, this build has some art to it.

I'll give it another look when I can sit down with it for a while.

DeletedUser34436

Thanks. And they’re rescinding the ban, but I had to give them five options to change my handle. I’ll be just as happy with any of them, but I thought this one was funnier so it’s kinda sad.

I decided to build it when I found out there wouldn’t be a LV3 Cherry Blossom this year. I saved up diamonds for months on end for the purpose of expanding it, but once I found out there would be a similar set and that the other wouldn’t upgrade, I decided I’d make the best of it and go all out.

I’m doing fairly well: I have over 100,000 florins to win those last 36 pieces. Actually, I just realized it’s 35! I forgot I already had one Mask Vendor! That’s a happy accident.

DeletedUser39915

It's a bit of a challenge mathematically and I suppose there's no such things as "max" in FoE since GB's can theoretically improve infinitely...

But in practical terms...limiting any GB to level 81...I was wondering what is the maximum FP you can get from a city if you can all expansions available?

At the moment all FP-bearing GB's leveled to 81 will give a total of 370 fp/day.

In my world, Zorskog, the top player has about 73 event buildings in his city with the rest being GB's and general stuff. Since the FP drops vary between them, I gave each event building an average 4 fp/building drop to be conservative.

* I also did not add the new HC because it's variable.

73 x 4 = 292 + 370 = 662 fp/day

Obviously this is just a conservative estimate and doesn't account for variable city-planning and what non-FP producing buildings one considers necessary or not in the city. (like sleigh builders)

However, I also noted that this city did not take advantage of some of the customized event-set layouts that seek to maximize FP production (like Cherry Garden). The example I'm using also contains GB's I feel could be removed from the city when a person is at a high enough level- such as the RAH, Observatory, and a lot of HoF's. (* I'm not sure if the HoF yield at higher levels is worth it in terms of gaining points for your guild, but I'm also not entirely sure that the increase in guild rank is necessarily more productive than what can be done with an increase in FP/day to a persons city)

Also, the average size of each event building or set varies and was not taken into account here. Some were large and the smallest is a 4x4, but they all existed with a multi-functional city (able to do more things besides strict FP production) so using it was acceptable in my opinion.

However, do you think it is at all possible to reach a guaranteed 1000FP/day city in FoE- excluding variables like GE, ToR, HC, and that sort?

This is a great question and your follow up with statistics is quite impressive. Thank you.

You should post the details of your analysis. I have similar questions about how some of my friends in the game seem to have so many FPs, but say they do not buy them with diamonds. I take a look at their cities and I don't see where the FPs are coming from. I ask, but it seems the answers are either cryptic or vague.

For those of us relatively new to the game (> a year), the answer to how do you amass FPs is very important to develop a good strategy for ongoing play.

Thanks again for your question. I will read all of the responses below.