• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Earning Medals

DeletedUser37875

I'm a brand new member and hope I'm in the right place. What is the quickest way to earn Medals? I need 1,000 to open an expansion! That's quite a lot. (All I have is 84!!!!) Any advice would be greatly appreciated:)

Jern2017

For me, the best way to get medals is contributing to higher age Great Buildings. Even the last, fifth spot on a high level, high age GB ( for example the Arc, Blue Galaxy, Arctic Orangery...) will give you 1k+ medals.

I'm assuming you don't have an Arc, so locking in a spot on such GBs means you'll have to spend some more FPs than you'll get back, but it's definitely worth it.

Go through your friend and guild members list, see if there are any GBs that could be used for getting medals. Message them, explaining why you want to donate to it. A lot of experienced players will gladly help you.

If you by any chance play in Dunarsund, send me a friend invite and I'll help you get some medals.

Emberguard

Quickest way? Get as many different medal sources as you can within the most efficient use of the space. Many small sources of income [most of the time] will be quicker then one large source

[1] So - event buildings. Get the main event buildings whenever an event comes up and you'll get medals passively
[2] Victory Tower - only use these on the 1x1 spots at the end of roads where nothing else fits
[3] Instances - around your city collect the random flashy images to pick up medals
[4] Recurring quests - delete all the side quests (except ones that are easy to complete) and you'll get to recurring quests. Loop those
[5] Guild Expedition - you can win medals
[6] GBs - Get the Arc. Swap FPs with other players. You get medals through ending up on a contribution spot. The Arc is the #1 source of medals IF you are actively swapping onto other GBs and getting contribution spots

DeletedUser37875

Quickest way? Get as many different medal sources as you can within the most efficient use of the space. Many small sources of income [most of the time] will be quicker then one large source

[1] So - event buildings. Get the main event buildings whenever an event comes up and you'll get medals passively
[2] Victory Tower - only use these on the 1x1 spots at the end of roads where nothing else fits
[3] Instances - around your city collect the random flashy images to pick up medals
[4] Recurring quests - delete all the side quests (except ones that are easy to complete) and you'll get to recurring quests. Loop those
[6] GBs - Get the Arc. Swap FPs with other players. You get medals through ending up on a contribution spot. The Arc is the #1 source of medals IF you are actively swapping onto other GBs and getting contribution spots

Oh my I've been playing the game about 6 wks and so I don't know much about any of this stuff yet. But thank you. I'll save this and come back to it as I learn

DeletedUser37875

For me, the best way to get medals is contributing to higher age Great Buildings. Even the last, fifth spot on a high level, high age GB ( for example the Arc, Blue Galaxy, Arctic Orangery...) will give you 1k+ medals.

I'm assuming you don't have an Arc, so locking in a spot on such GBs means you'll have to spend some more FPs than you'll get back, but it's definitely worth it.

Go through your friend and guild members list, see if there are any GBs that could be used for getting medals. Message them, explaining why you want to donate to it. A lot of experienced players will gladly help you.

If you by any chance play in Dunarsund, send me a friend invite and I'll help you get some medals.
Oh shoot, I'm in Tuulech. But thank you so much Also I don't know any of the abbrevs yet (playing 6wks!) What is GB and FP?

DeletedUser37875

Gain medals through victory towers as well, but they shouldn't be your main source. They can be gotten through recurring quests, incidents, PvP towers, and especially events like the one running now.

S<Sigh> It sounds like I have a long long way to go to be able to progress in this game. Patience is not one of my virtues haha

Jern2017

No I'm in Tuulech. But thank you. I've been playing the game about 6 weeks. So I don' have much of anything yet. What are FP?

FPs - Forge Points. You use them to research technologies and put them in Great Buildings (GBs) in order to level them. If you are still in the Bronze Age, you cannot contribute to other player's Great Buildings yet. Once you enter the Iron Age and research a technology called Architecture, you can choose to put the FPs on someone else's GB. For the first five spots on that GB, you'll receive FPs, blueprints and what you're after: medals. The higher the age and level of a GB, the better the rewards.

DeletedUser37875

What is GB and FP? I'm so new here. My apologies. They sound like things I might be able to do now. Thanks

DeletedUser37875

FPs - Forge Points. You use them to research technologies and put them in Great Buildings (GBs) in order to level them. If you are still in the Bronze Age, you cannot contribute to other player's Great Buildings yet. Once you enter the Iron Age and research a technology called Architecture, you can choose to put the FPs on someone else's GB. For the first five spots on that GB, you'll receive FPs, blueprints and what you're after: medals. The higher the age and level of a GB, the better the rewards.
Oh cool. I'm in Early Middle Ages, so I am starting to get some of this stuff because I have The Collosus level 2! I guess I should start paying attention to what I have and what they do. Thank you!!

Jern2017

Oh cool. I'm in Early Middle Ages, so I am starting to get some of this stuff because I have The Collosus level 2! I guess I should start paying attention to what I have and what they do. Thank you!!

Bronze Age to Early Middle Ages in six weeks is quite a big jump in my opinion. I suggest you slow down a bit. Enjoy each age, get familiar with all mechanics of the game. You'll find plenty of guides and good advice on this forum.

Super Catanian

By the way, welcome to the forums!
In the Forge Hall, there is a thread for all the acronyms used in the forums here. Feel free to look over it so that you can have an idea of what to expect.
And, of course, in the guides, you will also find many helpful hints from a lot of seasoned players. You could also PM (private message) me or someone else if you have a question.

Emberguard

What is GB and FP? I'm so new here. My apologies. They sound like things I might be able to do now. Thanks
GB = Great Building
FP = Forge Point
BP = Blue Print

Then for ages we have:

Bronze Age = BA
Iron Age = IA
Early Middle Ages = EMA
High Middle Ages = HMA
Late Middle Ages = LMA
Colonial Age = CA
Industrial Age = InA
Progressive Age = PA or ProA
Modern Era = ME
Post-Modern = PME
Contemporary Era = CE
Tomorrow Era = TE
The Future = FE
Arctic Future = AF
Oceanic Future = OF
Virtual Future = VF

Buildings:
TF = Terrace Farm (building from Guild Expedition)
SoK = Shrine of Knowledge (provides FPs)
SoA = Shrine of Awe (provides medals)
SoI = Shrine of Inspiration (provides BPs)

Last edited:

Czari

Oh shoot, I'm in Tuulech. But thank you so much Also I don't know any of the abbrevs yet (playing 6wks!) What is GB and FP?

I sent a friend request to you on Tuulech. I don't actively play that world, meaning I check in a couple of times/week but for what you want it works in your benefit as I have GBs (Great Building) to which you can donate FPs (Forge Points) and easily get an inexpensive spot.

Czari

S<Sigh> It sounds like I have a long long way to go to be able to progress in this game. Patience is not one of my virtues haha

Unless one wants to pour a lot of RL money into this game to buy diamonds - patience is definitely needed. I've been playing around four years and I have seen new people in my guilds race through the tech tree - get to about HMA or LMA and hit a wall because they don't have goods and other items needed for the level since they didn't stay long enough in previous levels to build them up. Most of them quit about then. Not trying to discourage you but if patience isn't your thing - this game will be very frustrating for you.

There is a section on this forum that contains beginner guides that might help you a lot.

Dido 815 the Scourge

Welcome to the forums.

You should check out the sub-forum called GUIDES. There’s a ton of info and insight in there. Use the info that works for your style of play & keep in mind everyone plays a little differently, so you’ll get many opinions and play-style nuances.

DeletedUser38768

I want to get more medals to and it looked like I could also get a military boost from getting deal castle and colluseum but hardly anyone in my guild, neighborhood or friends have those to contribute to. I am Tuulech world. Then I would also like to replace the Delphi with Royal Albert Hall for goods.

Algona

I want to get more medals to and it looked like I could also get a military boost from getting deal castle and colluseum but hardly anyone in my guild, neighborhood or friends have those to contribute to. I am Tuulech world. Then I would also like to replace the Delphi with Royal Albert Hall for goods.

There;s a reason very few folk have Colosseum. It'e generally considered the worst GB by far.

Deal is a decent GB, nut mostly for the defense of your city, as a source of Medals you can do a lot better.

Normally i';d try to help you with a link or two or some suggestions, but I'm beat and heading for bed.

Some helpful poster will wander through and give you good advice. Or some Agent of Chaos will come in and give you bad advice and sneer at you while doing so. Embrace the former and ignore the latter.