• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Battlegrounds Arrival Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser

My response earlier today was because I read 5 pages of put downs and negative comments from the same 6 or 7 people flaming those asking for logs.
I couldn't care less whether they put in logs or not, but I am diametrically opposed to any kind of control being given to guild leaders on members' actions. I've seen what it does in GvG and I want no part of that particular GvG mechanic in GBG.

Raymora

You are right some suggestions are being shot down by players who disagree, and that's alright. Stick around, you'll develop tough skin.

Actually I've posted a number of times and had the same need for "thick skin". It basically caused me to leave the thread. I'm sure people have noticed I'm not leaving this time. The last one I recall, I'd completed GE and got an event quest to complete GE encounters. I posted a proposition to make it so, if GE is completed, the quest should auto complete. I'm sure there were a lot of the same names here telling me how stupid the idea was, how I should plan better, yada yada yada. It was obviously a bad idea and would never be implemented.

It turns out I did have 1 encounter left. Low and behold the quest auto completed after it was done. The idea that was shot down as such a terrible idea that INNO would never implement it was already a feature they previously decided was important and correct enough to build into the game.

The other irony is that I was shot down here as well for far more polite comments about others. I guess I need to take a cue from the peanut gallery and start slamming comments you all make that I disagree with. It seems I'm supposed to play a king of the castle and hold my opinion above all others and rarely be interested in listening to any debate.

Harbinger963

I couldn't care less whether they put in logs or not, but I am diametrically opposed to any kind of control being given to guild leaders on members' actions. I've seen what it does in GvG and I want no part of that particular GvG mechanic in GBG.

I never asked for, nor am I looking for controls; simply better visibility via improved logs. Somehow, requests for logs and requests for player controls have become conflated and argued against at the same time. They are very different.

Oh, and someone else’s request for a mouse-over pop-up on sectors with name, etc. instead of having to click on the sector would be a good improvement.

barra370804

@Raymora if you may notice, I was defending what I said while you were slamming ME. No, it wasn't a proposal, but nonetheless:
New people? Really?
No offense, but what you seem to call a forum regular is one of a small group who have a chip on their shoulder about Gvg. I say small because, the total number of people who post in the forum is quite small compared to the number who play the game. It seems more like you've taken over a corner and don't want to allow people to stand on your corner who don't believe what you do.
It's the game knowledge and suggestions that are being challenged and quite frankly bullied. Forum knowledge? I think you're making something up now lol

I guess I'm supposed to know what suggestions I shouldn't bring up right?

Emberguard

Personally I’d love logs of some kind. Even if it was just Flag placed by: [player] and was viewed by clicking on the sector (would only need to display the viewers guild in relation to flag placing)

Not a fan of the idea to lock players out of being able to place flags. I get it’d be nice to restrict it so advances can be concentrated in one province. And it sounds nice in theory, I’m just not sure it’d actually increase the advances being done on the places you want them in the long run.

DeletedUser40996

This is another example of a straw man. Who asked for this? no one.

Requests are being made for better logs.
And also for Founders/Leaders to be the only ones to start new battles which would make it just like GvG 2.0 instead of the totally new experience GbG is supposed to be

DeletedUser40996

I never asked for, nor am I looking for controls; simply better visibility via improved logs. Somehow, requests for logs and requests for player controls have become conflated and argued against at the same time. They are very different.

Oh, and someone else’s request for a mouse-over pop-up on sectors with name, etc. instead of having to click on the sector would be a good improvement.
You haven't but others have

BruteForceAttack

For all the drama that folks are doing here....this thingi is called "GUILD" Battle Grounds and not PvP.

If a Guild wants to have some control on how this new "Guild" Battle Grounds will be played so be it...

There is no need to personally attack other folks.

Personally I feel that US forum is extreme compared to en or beta forums where ideas and or comments are not always bashed and mods keep to themselves.

Hint: if you have an idea or comment better go to beta or en forum, there you get the designers of inno games directly replying. Especially on beta.

DeletedUser40996

this thing is called "GUILD" Battle Grounds and not PvP.

If a Guild wants to have some control on how this new "Guild" Battle Grounds will be played so be it...

IE: they want GvG 2.0 instead of letting it be It's own separate part of the game.

BruteForceAttack

IE: they want GvG 2.0 instead of letting it be It's own separate part of the game.

If inno calls this "Guild" blah blah blah....and "Guild" Leaders are asking some controls on how this is going to be played. What is wrong with it???

Why are folks on this "Feedback thread related to "Guild" Battle grounds" bashing others who say "Guild" needs to have control on some actions.

IF Inno didnt think this feature was not "Guild" related, they may/probably come up with different setup.

IF Inno itself is saying by the name "Guild" Battle Ground...all you ppl who are sending literally hate messages just because you have implicit bias over GVG is not fair.

When someone create's a guild they have option of how other can join the guild..

They can make it free for all i.e anyone can join ....GbG = anyone in the guild can do whatever they want.
parallel to that...for GbG if there was an option anyone can set a flag...Guild leader can give everyone that option...no one is going to stop....however some guilds may choose to say hey only xyz can do it....Well if yo dont like that option...you can create your own guild and let everyone do what they want or join a guild that allows for folks to do what they want.

Last edited:

Vger

For all the drama that folks are doing here....this thingi is called "GUILD" Battle Grounds and not PvP.
Actually, the very first sentence in the announcement said:
"We are happy to announce the arrival of our new PvP feature: Guild Battlegrounds!"

So...GBG is one of several features under the PvP umbrella.

BruteForceAttack

Actually, the very first sentence in the announcement said:
"We are happy to announce the arrival of our new PvP feature: Guild Battlegrounds!"

So...GBG is one of several features under the PvP umbrella.

oh Well Inno comms proof readers are not paid enough i guess..because you are going against a guild and not a player. Corner case could be there are two or more 1 person guilds fighting on the same map.

DeletedUser40996

If inno calls this "Guild" blah blah blah....and "Guild" Leaders are asking some controls on how this is going to be played. What is wrong with it???

Because then it becomes GvG 2.0

Why are folks on this "Feedback thread related to "Guild" Battle grounds" bashing others who say "Guild" needs to have control on some actions.

So someone disagreeing = bashing

IF Inno didnt think this feature was not "Guild" related, they may/probably come up with different setup.

It's guild related sure but it should be different from GvG not a carbon copy

IF Inno itself is saying by the name "Guild" Battle Ground...all you ppl who are sending literally hate messages just because you have implicit bias over GVG is not fair.

Got it . Disagreeing = Hate mail as well as bashing

When someone create's a guild they have option of how other can join the guild..

They can make it free for all i.e anyone can join ....GbG = anyone in the guild can do whatever they want.
parallel to that...for GbG if there was an option anyone can set a flag...Guild leader can give everyone that option...no one is going to stop....however some guilds may choose to say hey only xyz can do it....Well if yo dont like that option...you can create your own guild and let everyone do what they want or join a guild that allows for folks to do what they want.

That's the point . It's that way in GvG since in GvG it costs guild treasury goods to start an attack . It shouldn't need to be that way in GbG as it costs the individuals goods/troops not the treasury (Except if they want to construct buildings and that's already leaders / founders by default)

DeletedUser40858

W
If you want it to be a free for all for players then it should not be linked to guilds. It brings problems to a guild when players can do what they want in the name of your guild and you cant do anything about it. It should have just been player battlegrounds and not guild battlegrounds if it's not wanted to really be controlled at all by the actual guild owners. Yall will lose this argument. Players are outraged

DeletedUser40858

Something must be done. Logs showing who the rogue players hitting the wrong provinces are a must. If the leaders are not wanted to have control over their guild they at least need to be able to see the culprit so they can be booted and all the rogue aimless players can band together and get nothing organized done together. If you dont like being in a guild where the leader controls decisions you can find a guild that dont care.

DeletedUser40858

Leaders need to be able to delete a siege that has been mistakenly placed as the flag causes confusion and frustrates 1 or even all guilds on the map and you end up with literally hundreds of frustrated players. If someone does not agree with this idea they always have the option of joining a guild that dont care. So it can be had both ways if the option is in place.

I'm just 1 of many players. But I'm not outraged at all. Enjoying the player rewards from this. My guild is doing OK too.
In my arena hundreds of players are outraged. If your not then you probably would not be either way as you get rewards either way

Yes I'm seeing that senior members are already trained to go against these valid points.

There is no need to personally attack other folks.

Personally I feel that US forum is extreme compared to en or beta forums where ideas and or comments are not always bashed and mods keep to themselves.

Hint: if you have an idea or comment better go to beta or en forum, there you get the designers of inno games directly replying. Especially on beta.
I get the feeling that the mods were trained to attack these valid points. We need to organize somehow and make the majority heard. In my arena there are hundreds of livid players. But I'm in the top arena with the competitive players. People dont have to join such guilds if they dont like it.

Nah, there are a lot of forum regulars who play GvG. I, for one, have never played GvG, and I don't know that I ever will. I don't know that many or any of us forum regulars have anything against GvG, but we don't want this new feature to become a copy of it. It's called "new" for a reason.

Did I come across as saying you have little game knowledge? I believe I said you have little FORUM knowledge. An experienced forum poster would know that a mod has an unalienable right to agree or disagree with a layers post, and make their opinion heard. The yellow banner below their name means nothing when they speak as a player.
So you have no gvg experience but you give input on what features should be like gvg (because some are) and which ones should not be?

Too bad I can only like your post instead of ❤ it
Its popular because it's on mobile..........