• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Battlegrounds Arrival Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

Emberguard

W
If you want it to be a free for all for players then it should not be linked to guilds. It brings problems to a guild when players can do what they want in the name of your guild and you cant do anything about it. It should have just been player battlegrounds and not guild battlegrounds if it's not wanted to really be controlled at all by the actual guild owners. Yall will lose this argument. Players are outraged
I'd be ok with it being single player battlegrounds providing it's balanced to a single player doing everything. Which would need a overhaul of the crown output and advances needed per province. It'd also mean buildings would either be completely scrapped or from your own goods stock instead of the guild treasury.

I think guild battleground would be better then player battleground, but I'll play whichever is available

DeletedUser40858

To the players that dont want the game to be organized by leaders. Guilds will form that understand structure in a battle situation and stick to what the leaders say and no guilds will be able to compete with them. No matter how hard they try to make it, it will be done. The fact that it will be harder to do will only weed out more of the competition and the disciplined guilds will rule gbg no matter how you stack it against them.

That does not describe most guilds, at least not in my experience. Some are more stringent than others but I've never heard of one requring the completion of GE in 24 hours. That's absurd, frankly; I'm not sure why anybody would stay in a guild like that.

I would hope nobody's trying to stifle anyone, but you must expect differing opinions.

Several of us have agreed with the idea of some kind of activity log.

An argument is also that it would seem to be counter to Inno's intended design, that every player can enjoy GBG at his own pace. You go on about how important communication is but then you ask Inno to relieve you of that burden by closing off the first battle on a province to everyone but the guild leaders. That removes the need for communication, doesn't it. So the argument against that is indeed: communicate with your guild. Do not force the rest of us into a leaders-only strait jacket just because corralling your guild may be difficult. Perhaps GBG will help guild leaders get better at it.

Again, that's an issue of communication. I don't see a need to delete a siege.

The first suggestion, a battle log, alleviates the need for the other two suggestions.
Yes there is reason to delete a siege. Once one is accidentally or intentionally placed in the wrong place, it is a constant confusion for many members

I will no longer entertain proposals from anyone calling anything a siege. That tells me you have no idea what you're talking about and come from a bent of wanting to stuff Battlegrounds into your worldview of GvG. No. In fact, you can stuff any idea that wants to stuff Battlegrounds into the GvG box.

Learn Battlegrounds and learn to speak Battlegrounds, talk about Banners, Advancements, Owners, etc. I might consider your idea, but until then, not a chance.

Also, to the control freaks coming out of the woodwork - Learn to communicate and educate your guild why having and following a strategy is both important and beneficial to your guild and guild mates. Any asks for detailed logs, new permission controls, attrition level displays, etc. are all non-starters with me. Don't ask Inno to paper over your deficiencies in organization and communication. Guild leaders should learn to lead, then actually lead.
I am seeing so many people bent on players not calling putting a flag on a province and attacking it a siege because they call it a siege in gvg. The mods wont control what we call it. Nothing better suits it than siege. Get used to it.

Vger

[
Something must be done.
The purpose of a feedback thread like this for INNO to see user reactions to new features. But they will decide if "Something must be done". And if they decide to do something, it will be on their schedule.
Logs showing who the rogue players...
I'm all in favor of better logs. I don't know if that is an easy thing or a hard thing for INNO to implement. They may not be logging every micro action in a way they can easily serve up at the click of a button. But if they are, then....yes....show those details.
Logs showing who the rogue players hitting the wrong provinces are a must...
MAH...there are no wrong provinces really. Not a must have. A nice to have at best.
If the leaders are not wanted to have control over their guild...
Did INNO ever state that as an objective for GBG?
If the leaders are not wanted to have control over their guild they at least need to be able to see the culprit
Um...if you are not wanted to have control, then you can't identify the "culprit", can you?
if you dont like being in a guild where the leader controls decisions you can find a guild that dont care.
I guess I'm already in such a guild...I guess...but...thanks for the invite??

DeletedUser40858

Is there any advantage to placing 2 or more of the same building in one province?
Yes

If you want to control every player in your guild, go back to GvG.
If you dont want to be controlled by your guild join another one

I'll trust someone with the well known tag a lot faster than some newbie since they've obviously been playing quite a while to get the tag
There are new members who understand the game more than some well known. They just havent been in the forum

Vger

I am seeing so many people bent on players not calling putting a flag on a province and attacking it a siege because they call it a siege in gvg. The mods wont control what we call it. Nothing better suits it than siege. Get used to it.
100% agree with that. Semantic arguments are pedantic and accomplish nothing. Siege seems like the right word here, to me.

DeletedUser40858

I agree 100%
popcorn_1f37f.png

And to stay on topic currently I think GBG is a pretty solid feature how it is. Don't make us have to have guild leaders start a siege.
No problem with anyone starting them but leaders need to be able to delete ones set in the wrong spot on accident, on purpose, or a change of plans. The ones placed wrong cause to much confusion later

And this is why you've been called a "control freak" it's a battle game you really expect everyone to play a battle game how you dictate

No fight is "Wasted" since the guild still needs some minimum # of advancements to get even minimal rewards .
If they are in my guild I expect them to yes. That's the key to being successful. Which we all want to be in my guild and understand that takes leadership. You can try to make it sound bad but it does not change anything. It's a war game and following rank is essential for success. If a player does not like that type of play, they can join another guild.

Vger

No problem with anyone starting them but leaders need to be able to delete ones set in the wrong spot on accident, on purpose, or a change of plans. The ones placed wrong cause to much confusion later
I will agree with the last sentence: "The ones placed wrong cause to[sic] much confusion later". But it doesn't support your premise. Why should leaders be able to delete these? Why should you have that right? War is hell. Mistakes happen....learn how to deal with it.

ocshooter

Guilds need Logs to see what is happening. Just as the world is run with rules, a successful Guild has rules. Errant flags cause issues. We need to know who is laying them and be able to delete them. I do not understand those fighting against full logs. In a practically 24/7 live war exercise it is a must. The only thing I can think is those fighting so hard against them are the ones throwing them down. Maybe your spies, maybe you think its funny, perhaps you are just saboteurs. Many come here to make up for the short comings of their lives and enjoy disrupting others games. .. Currently the lack of flag logs and the ability to remove them is causing huge issues with an ally. I do not appreciate my word or integrity being questioned due to a few idiots. I have it posted all over stop, plz do not. As long as there is no control this will continue. If players want to play in a Guild that they can go and do whatever, be a leeroy, freestyle, there is thousands they can choose. When you choose to play in a Guild that employs strategies, takes the time to set up the battles, watches the boards, again in a 24 hour live scenario you pretty much understand you will be guided. .. No one has to stop people from doing anything if that is the desire and seems biggest argument for so many, "but my people cant come in any time day or night and just hit whatever they want" Im not sure how or what kind of a guild runs like that but ok. Sounds kind of like Anarchy but all good we all have our own ways to play. ...So in conclusion...you do you, let me do me,,.. So make it a turn it on and off switch.. In GVG I can turn everyone on or everyone off. Boom done. . Absolutely this is my last season without logs and the personal cost to my players well forget it. This is the most ill conceived garbage truly.. Money pit, Hell Hole, call it what you want. You would need to pay me to ever decide to lead it again.

DeletedUser41583

In general, feedback threads here are less about feedback and more about insults. There's a lot of circle jerking going on in this forum so people tend to get triggered by different opinions or criticism. If you think a post breaks the rule, report it, although many threads are unmoderated...

DeletedUser

Players are outraged
You are outraged. Some others (mostly GvGers) are also. But most are not. Even in GvG guilds, it's probably only the leaders who are "outraged". And it makes absolutely no sense. It doesn't cost the guild anything. And as long as they don't have the constructor rights their actions have absolutely no effect on the rest of the guild. And if other members follow their lead despite your clear direction, then you have a guild full of "rogue" players, not just one.

DeletedUser

We need to know who is laying them and be able to delete them.
I don't care if they add more comprehensive logs, but being able to delete another's progress should not be allowed. There are other issues involved than just the leaders' need to control. For example, if someone's progress is deleted by the guild, does that then negate the reward? Does it roll back their attrition? Is it removed from their activity log, since it essentially never happened?

My feeling is that leaders who are used to GvG are overcomplicating the strategy aspect of GBG simply because they are so used to the GvG model. And instead of seeing how GBG works over time are bent on molding it into their idea of how a guild activity should work. Those of us who are used to GE instead have no problem with the GBG model of guild activity because we are used to working together without strict guild control over every aspect.

DeletedUser37581

Consider this. This new feature presents challenges. The guilds that overcome these challenges will succeed. The guilds that refuse to even tackle the challenges will not do as well.

One of those challenges is to handle "rogue" members who aren't following orders and attacking allies. It would be nice to have "something" in place that would allow this challenge to be handled by disciplining the member. But until Inno implements that "something", some guilds will opt to deal with the other half of the challenge - the allies.

In any case, the point of the feedback thread is to leave feedback. Arguing a point of view until the cows come home isn't feedback. The feedback itself is fed back to the developers. The arguing isn't.

DeletedUser40996

I don't care if they add more comprehensive logs, but being able to delete another's progress should not be allowed. There are other issues involved than just the leaders' need to control. For example, if someone's progress is deleted by the guild, does that then negate the reward? Does it roll back their attrition? Is it removed from their activity log, since it essentially never happened?

My feeling is that leaders who are used to GvG are overcomplicating the strategy aspect of GBG simply because they are so used to the GvG model. And instead of seeing how GBG works over time are bent on molding it into their idea of how a guild activity should work. Those of us who are used to GE instead have no problem with the GBG model of guild activity because we are used to working together without strict guild control over every aspect.

You deserve ❤ instead of simple likes

RazorbackPirate

To the players that dont want the game to be organized by leaders. Guilds will form that understand structure in a battle situation and stick to what the leaders say and no guilds will be able to compete with them. No matter how hard they try to make it, it will be done. The fact that it will be harder to do will only weed out more of the competition and the disciplined guilds will rule gbg no matter how you stack it against them.
Exactly the design of Battlegrounds. The best guilds will move to the top and win. Some leaders will rise to the challenge and succeed, some won't.

I can't support giving guild leaders a digital fence simply because they can't corral their members. If you're a true leader, people will follow and few will go rogue. If you rogue members won't follow the leader of guild, then the leader is failing to lead. Don't ask Inno to add tools to overcome your leadership abilities.
Banana

DeletedUser11427

Guild threads have not been successful. we have sent many messages in multiple threads about a sector that was not to be attacked and it has been repeatedly ignored by at least one member. We need to know who is attacking or negotiating that sector.
The only way to limit attacks, is to limit "rights". with the introduction of GbG, came a new tab. Similar to "trusted" rights, a guild can limit who can start new sieges as well as who can construct buildings.

RazorbackPirate

Guilds need Logs to see what is happening. Just as the world is run with rules, a successful Guild has rules. Errant flags cause issues. We need to know who is laying them and be able to delete them. I do not understand those fighting against full logs. In a practically 24/7 live war exercise it is a must. The only thing I can think is those fighting so hard against them are the ones throwing them down. Maybe your spies, maybe you think its funny, perhaps you are just saboteurs. Many come here to make up for the short comings of their lives and enjoy disrupting others games. .. Currently the lack of flag logs and the ability to remove them is causing huge issues with an ally. I do not appreciate my word or integrity being questioned due to a few idiots. I have it posted all over stop, plz do not. As long as there is no control this will continue. If players want to play in a Guild that they can go and do whatever, be a leeroy, freestyle, there is thousands they can choose. When you choose to play in a Guild that employs strategies, takes the time to set up the battles, watches the boards, again in a 24 hour live scenario you pretty much understand you will be guided. .. No one has to stop people from doing anything if that is the desire and seems biggest argument for so many, "but my people cant come in any time day or night and just hit whatever they want" Im not sure how or what kind of a guild runs like that but ok. Sounds kind of like Anarchy but all good we all have our own ways to play. ...So in conclusion...you do you, let me do me,,.. So make it a turn it on and off switch.. In GVG I can turn everyone on or everyone off. Boom done. . Absolutely this is my last season without logs and the personal cost to my players well forget it. This is the most ill conceived garbage truly.. Money pit, Hell Hole, call it what you want. You would need to pay me to ever decide to lead it again.
I knew eventually the TRUE reason for this level of log detail would come out.

You want to be able to lock down Battlegrounds to not upset the locked-up, locked-out nature of GvG? Really? You're asking for GbG to be modified for your GvG play. Not just no, but oh hell no!. The alliance/ghost guild crap is part of what killed GvG for the masses and why that kind of system has not been implemented in GbG.

I don't care about your ally. Why do you even have an ally? You can't compete as a guild on your own? If you don't want your integrity questioned, don't make alliances you know can easily be broken. Did you poll your guild members before making your alliance? Did you have their support to make one or did you just make the arbitrary decision and now need dictatorial controls to enforce your rule?

Stop trying to make GbG like GvG. Stop trying to change GbG to not disrupt your GvG play. Let GbG be a glorious free for all, let GvG remain the locked down, locked-up, locked, out monstrosity it's become. No, no, a thousand times no.

You can do you now. We don't need controls added for you to lead your people and have them to follow. Your effectiveness as a leader is then gauged by how well your members follow your lead. If you need tools to force them to follow your lead, you're not an effective leader. Leaders have troops who willingly follow. Step up your game. Get better. Actually lead. No tools needed.

Last edited:

DeletedUser36145

Many people here are talking about "allies", but I don't see such a term used by Inno anywhere in the game and especially in GBG, so guys, in case you are manufacturing your own rules, manufacture a way to impose them on your guild-mates, but don't ask Inno to implement them in their own game.
One of the best features of GBG is that anyone can do whatever pleases him/her and there is no need whatsoever for it to be restricted only to satisfy a bunch of sergeant-minded players who crave to be in control of everything.
These are my 2 cents.

ocshooter

I'd love to know how a guild where "anyone can do whatever pleases him/her" could ever have a chance of winning. You do realize in top tiers of BGB the fights can top 200+ with traps. It takes a concentrated effort of fighters to take a tile. Mr. and Mrs. whatever you please probably are not very good teammates.