• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Sniping Progress

Triopoly Champion

Hurry and get your sniping done, it's possible to drop 1,000+ fps at once now.

I've started to grab some really profitable deals among friends and neighbors, and they even thank me for the sniping especially The Arc -
Forge of Empires - Great Building Investments.jpgForge of Empires - Great Buildings Investments.jpg

Last edited:

Salsuero

This isn't anything new. Sniping was plenty profitable before this update. Making it quicker doesn't make it a new feature to be announced. It just means the lazier players now get their profit while being able to remain lazy. The ones that used to work for it don't have to work as hard... but they were already profiting before, so this announcement isn't for them... it's for lazy players. :(

DeletedUser36572

Player 1 Message:
“It is customary and a sign of good manners to ask a player if it is okay to add Forge Points to their Great Buildings. Sniping reward spots on Great Buildings is frowned upon.”

Player 2 1st Response:
“Thank you for the Forge Points you so graciously added to my Great Building. They are greatly appreciated and I look forward to any contribution you may provide in the future.”

Player 2 2nd Response:
“In attempts to promote good manners and establish a cohesive relationship between players ... Feel free to copy-paste my response above when contacting me about free Forge Points added to any of your Great Buildings.”

Salsuero

Player 2 2nd Response

I honestly don't see anything wrong with player 1's message other than it being unnecessary and perhaps less than appreciative. It certainly wasn't "rude." Player 2 could simply ignore it if not in agreement. I don't necessarily agree with player 1's perspective, but that doesn't mean player 1 needs a lecture either. The response by player 2, on the other hand, was petty and condescending, in my opinion -- I would hardly suggest it promotes good manners or a cohesive relationship... but rather escalates the interaction through antagonism. However... player 2 can choose to respond any way he/she chooses. Just my 2¢.

DeletedUser36572

I honestly don't see anything wrong with player 1's message other than it being unnecessary and perhaps less than appreciative. It certainly wasn't "rude." Player 2 could simply ignore it if not in agreement. I don't necessarily agree with player 1's perspective, but that doesn't mean player 1 needs a lecture either. The response by player 2, on the other hand, was petty and condescending, in my opinion -- I would hardly suggest it promotes good manners or a cohesive relationship... but rather escalates the interaction through antagonism. However... player 2 can choose to respond any way he/she chooses. Just my 2¢.

Player 1 instigated the conversation, and Player 2 provided a polite response and easy access to an appropriate message should the matter reoccur.

They obviously have opposing opinions, but only one of them has given anything of incremental value to the other in a condition where they both stand to gain from the endeavor.

It’s far more petty, self-serving and condescending to contact another player, instructing them on your desires, telling the player donating their Forge Points that they are somehow obligated to appease you by asking permission, when the second player has done nothing more than benefit your Great Building.

Last edited by a moderator:

barra370804

If you're going to be a sniper, just own up to it. Don't make it sound like you're some altruistic saint with a bad rap.

For example, my standard response to anyone who complains to me about being sniped is; "Pew, pew!"
I don't understand people sometimes, I rarely ever snipe, but I have gotten some of my GBs sniped for lots of FPs and I promptly shot them a message saying, "Thanks for the snipe! Stop by anytime :)"

DeletedUser36572

If you're going to be a sniper, just own up to it. Don't make it sound like you're some altruistic saint with a bad rap.

For example, my standard response to anyone who complains to me about being sniped is; "Pew, pew!"

Labeling or pretending either player is anything, will never change the fact that one player has done something that benefits another player when they add Forge Points to someone else’s Great Building.

The points are spent, the rewards are gathered, and however you may choose to think about it, is completely irrelevant to what happen and who benefited.

I mean you could also make the point that none of it could occur if Player 1 had not constructed the Great Building in the first place ... But Player 1 was not offering a mutual benefit, and only attempting to apply a perception in order to impose their will on Player 2, while Player 2 has already benefited them both.

If it is ever necessary to establish who is what, for whatever foolish reason, there is most often a significant difference between what someone may want, and what they deserve as a result of their actions.

Luckily, in the case of sniping ... That matter is solved when the points are spent.

DeletedUser30312

It's a competitive game, sniping's going to be a part of that. No player has an obligation to help friends or guildmates of another player. Sniping fellow guild members is poor team play, and I would avoid a nasty snipe on a friend, but anything else is fair game.

Besides most of the players who have anything worth sniping seem to be going for 1.85/1.9 exchanges these days anyway, so that cuts back on the good snipes.

DeletedUser40197

I have a couple friends that are only friends because they self level and if I weren't "sniping" their GB someone else would be, or they would level completely w/o any donation. I was able to add 10fp with a return of 180, I believe, this morning... I'm down to about 3 friends like this, they are few and far b/w anymore... most have gone to 1.9 donations, as was mentioned above. I won't snipe a friend if it's clear they are looking for a 1.9

DeletedUser29933

one standing rule we have: if it's not locked, its not yours. if you can snipe it, take it. if you can be sniped, expect it. in guild/friends/hood...whatever. (far better to be sniped in guild than lost to the hood) So many ways to manage gb's to make them practically impervious to profit snipers and it is those techniques we focus on sharing/teaching. Sure, always someone with more points than sense and willing to spend at a loss to satisfy a need. it happens, oh well. thank them for the generous, more than you'd have gained otherwise, contribution and move on. For friends i keep it simple. you message me with a lockable spot and request...i'll give at 1.8/1.85/1.9 situational dependent...but if i take my time to go looking for investment opportunity, i'm going for profit.

Bruadhin

one standing rule we have: if it's not locked, its not yours. if you can snipe it, take it. if you can be sniped, expect it. in guild/friends/hood...whatever. (far better to be sniped in guild than lost to the hood) So many ways to manage gb's to make them practically impervious to profit snipers and it is those techniques we focus on sharing/teaching. Sure, always someone with more points than sense and willing to spend at a loss to satisfy a need. it happens, oh well. thank them for the generous, more than you'd have gained otherwise, contribution and move on. For friends i keep it simple. you message me with a lockable spot and request...i'll give at 1.8/1.85/1.9 situational dependent...but if i take my time to go looking for investment opportunity, i'm going for profit.

I would mostly agree. I don't snipe in guild, I don't snipe 1.9 threads, I don't snipe a friend's guild (who are mainly in the 1.9 threads) and I don't snipe and true friends that I have engaged with. Other than that, everyone is fair game. If someone is nice and engaging I will usually bump to 1.9 for them.

DeletedUser23772

I used to snipe hoodies ...but I figured out that in my stage of the game I can level my GB's faster when I'm investing everything into fast-leveling GB's on swap threads. The faster I can get my FP's back, the faster I can-reinvest them. Only about 100 remains in inventory to lock spots in any given time.
If you get on average 50% of your FP's back...you've doubled your FP's production (if you then are investing everything that you get back into GB's that give you a 50% return).

My city only produces 150(ish?) FP's a day, but I'm investing 500-600 per day because of swap threads.

DeletedUser23772

1576123827978.png
"a" would be how many Fp's you are putting into the swap threads daily, "r" would be average rate of return you get from investing. It goes to infinity because you are constantly reinvesting everything back into the swap threads.

ahsay

Three people are involved with sniping. My math says two are being helped by the snipe.

If you want a spot on someones GB secure it with enough FPs.

Salsuero

I don't care about the sniping. I've done it plenty. My only issue is that the responder seems to think the owner doesn't have the right to message and complain about it in a way that wasn't even rude. Like I said... you don't have to agree and can just keep sniping, but responding with your own condescension isn't what the OP pretended it was. If you're a sniper, you're a sniper... nothing wrong with that. But that doesn't mean the person getting sniped doesn't get to message you and suggest that you not do so. You may think it's petty, but responding back with an equally unnecessary and condescending message is even more petty in my opinion than just ignoring it and playing your game the way you want to. And then to come here and post the example interaction as if you're some kind of altruistic sniper teaching people that they should be grateful when that's not how they want to play THEIR game... is pretty additionally petty in my opinion. Fortunately, these are only my opinions and you can feel free to ignore them as well.

DeletedUser36572

I don't care about the sniping. I've done it plenty. My only issue is that the responder seems to think the owner doesn't have the right to message and complain about it in a way that wasn't even rude. Like I said... you don't have to agree and can just keep sniping, but responding with your own condescension isn't what the OP pretended it was. If you're a sniper, you're a sniper... nothing wrong with that. But that doesn't mean the person getting sniped doesn't get to message you and suggest that you not do so. You may think it's petty, but responding back with an equally unnecessary and condescending message is even more petty in my opinion than just ignoring it and playing your game the way you want to. And then to come here and post the example interaction as if you're some kind of altruistic sniper teaching people that they should be grateful when that's not how they want to play THEIR game... is pretty additionally petty in my opinion. Fortunately, these are only my opinions and you can feel free to ignore them as well.

It doesn’t matter what you may think is petty, condescending, grateful, altruistic or whatever ... The matter of who helps who, and who benefits from the endeavor, is settled when one player adds points to another player’s building ... And your opinion doesn’t mean squat to that.

No one suggested anyone had the right to do one thing or another, although Player 1 did try to suggest that Player 2 should do something Player 1 desired, that would not necessarily benefit both players, after Player 2 had already benefited Player 1.

If Player 1 was simply interested in playing THIER game, then that would in no way indicate the necessity to contact Player 2.

In the interaction posted, the only Player attempting to instruct another Player on how things are, or should be, was Player 1. Player 2 just offered an alternative response should Player 1 feel the need to contact them again.