• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Sniping Progress

DeletedUser

So there was this person on my friends list. They had been there a long, long time. We had some interactions with goods a couple of years ago, but nothing more than aiding and/or Tavern sitting for quite a while. Well, one day I had a lot of FP and some free time so I went looking for profitable spots on GBs. This player had a GB where I could lock 1st at a profit. It had 2 or 3 donators, none anywhere near locking a spot. So I dropped the FP on it. Next time I was on there was a message from this player telling me not to put any more FP on that GB because they had promised 1st to player x. It was kind of funny to me at the time because I had 1st locked and didn't plan on donating more FP to it anyway. I never responded to the message, but that player has not received a single FP on any of their GBs from me since then.

I've also had players message me that I needed to put more FP on a GB where I had already locked a spot. Any time someone messages me with instructions on how to donate to their GBs, I ignore it. And I either stop donating to their GBs altogether, or I look to level one for them. And in no case do I donate more or less to that particular GB's level at their bidding.

Bruadhin

If someone on my friend's list asks, I will usually go up to 1.9. Most then gladly send me all their GBs and I get to use my CF. But anyone who demands gets ignored and/or sniped until they remove me.

Salsuero

there was a message from this player telling me not to put any more FP on that GB

It was kind of funny to me at the time because I had 1st locked and didn't plan on donating more FP to it

I suspect he may have meant that you shouldn't donate on future levels, but I have no idea. It would make actual sense vs. your suggestion as to why, though. Just trying to justify such a statement (not the making of it, but the reason behind it), not that all players are logical... or successful at mathing.

that player has not received a single FP on any of their GBs from me since then

That would be ideal for me in the scenario you described (although I wouldn't have messaged you about it in the first place). I have several players already that I count on for my GB donations. I wouldn't need more from other players looking to profit. A couple of my 190% donors have Arcs that allow them to profit because they are higher than level 80. I don't ask them for more than 190% just because they have higher Arc bonuses -- that profit remains profit as I'm happy for the consistent 190%. I'm cool with people sniping for profit in this game, and I've done it plenty. But I don't want them doing it on my GBs, and so I work hard to set them up to avoid it. Sometimes it still happens, but it's quite rare in my case... usually due to a mistake on my part or on one of my donors. My donors don't complain if they make mistakes that cost them because they know how to play the game.

I've also had players message me that I needed to put more FP on a GB where I had already locked a spot.

Unless this is a guildmate and I feel like I may have not paid enough attention to the threads or something, that won't be happening from me either. I've removed friends who made such requests.

DeletedUser

I suspect he may have meant that you shouldn't donate on future levels, but I have no idea. It would make actual sense vs. your suggestion as to why, though. Just trying to justify such a statement (not the making of it, but the reason behind it), not that all players are logical... or successful at mathing.
Possibly, but wouldn't asking me not to pass the other player on future levels make more sense in that case? Especially considering our long game relationship? I'd always been very accommodating in the past, and I would have probably said, "My bad, I'll try to remember that."
That would be ideal for me in the scenario you described (although I wouldn't have messaged you about it in the first place). I have several players already that I count on for my GB donations. I wouldn't need more from other players looking to profit.
This player didn't have a lot of people donating to their GBs...or at least to that one...so it actually was saving them a ton of their own FP.

Salsuero

Possibly, but wouldn't asking me not to pass the other player on future levels make more sense in that case?

Absolutely, but not everyone makes sense in this game... nor do they all have a mastery of English (even if it's their first language)... so I tend to give people more benefit of the doubt than I probably should with communication confusion.

This player didn't have a lot of people donating to their GBs...or at least to that one...so it actually was saving them a ton of their own FP.

Fair enough. I was only sharing my personal perspective at that point.

DeletedUser36572

Player 1:
“Ask before you put points on someone’s Arc. Sniping is not cool, and my friends had to pay more points than necessary for reward spots because you donated to my building.”

Player 2:
“That’s no way to thank me for getting your Arc’s Level started.

And ... I put points on your Arc before anyone (including you) did. Fussing at me because you felt the need to screw your friends, making them pay more than they should have, just so you could try to knock me out of the Top 5 (which you should have known you couldn’t), is so stupid I am surprised you don’t need to be reminded to breathe.

But anyway ... Have a lovely evening.”

DeletedUser36572

Player 1:
“You sniped my spot on xxxxxxxxxx’s CF. I hope you learn that is unacceptable, a sign of poor sportsmanship, and don’t continue to keep sniping people.”

Player 2:
“Thanks for the creative insight ... I may be somewhat slow, naive and less experienced, but if you would like to suggest it is somehow my fault you failed to apply the proper number of Forge Points to a Great Building in order to secure a spot you were hoping for ... All I can say is that it wasn’t too long after I unlocked Architecture in Iron Age that I learned ... If you don’t lock it, it ain’t really yours to lose.”

DeletedUser36572

No, I was just curious, since I've never gotten anywhere near that varied of a range of complaints from my sniping.

I guess it depends on how often, what buildings, and who you are sniping ... Or maybe your avatar scares them ... Or I’ll send you some of mine if you’re feeling left out and ignored.

Seriously though ... It probably has more to do with the fact I play on several worlds ... And if I want to transform 120 Forge Points I may get in a GE run on my bar into whatever I can get quickly in Forge Point packages ... I’ll snipe a spot that pays 40 in packages, write the loss off, and don’t even care about what building I put them on, the prints, or who gets screwed.

I mean I don’t do it friends or Guild Members ... But my Neighbors are free game. My Neighbors will tell you I will throw wrench in their plan just to launder Easy Points or Daily Collections into packages in a hearbeat. Sometimes, more than once in a day, to the same person, on the same building or another building of theirs.

Edit:
Someone in the Top 5-10 Players in your Neighborhood is actively leveling a Great Building. One of them is most likely a Building you can use prints for sooner or later. If you want to clear freestyle points into packages, you can most likely find something to snipe with a 3:1 return. If not, dump the points on a Building you actually are interested in, and have a head start on sniping it when it goes active.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30312

Yeah, there's no problem with that. Neighbors are competition, so anything goes.

I used to be annoyed when I'd lose spots on GBs from the swap threads, but leveling up my Arc cured me of that damn quick. I learned to accept small FP losses in exchange for bigger long term gains.

DeletedUser36572

Yeah, there's no problem with that. Neighbors are competition, so anything goes.

I used to be annoyed when I'd lose spots on GBs from the swap threads, but leveling up my Arc cured me of that damn quick. I learned to accept small FP losses in exchange for bigger long term gains.

Yeah ... Even if they are priming a building or it’s in a 1.9 Thread, it’s not like your Neighbors invited you to their little Points for Prints Party.

You could ask, but in reality, you don’t need an invitation to kick in the door, eat all the boiled shrimp, slap the wait staff, and steal the silverware.

aghiv

If it's not locked, it's not yours. I've been sniped while spinning rqs while adding points. Lost 200 on that, it happens. It's just the game.

RazorbackPirate

I got sniped today on my level 31 CoA today while it was on a 1.85x leveling thread waiting to have 2nd taken. Their 204 FP donation cost me, in theory, 27 FPs. What did I do about it? Added what I needed. let the thread know 2nd got sniped and called out 3rd.

I make multiple hundreds of FPs per day from my city, 50-60 more from RQs collecting my city, 15-18 FPs from tavern daily, FPs from GE, from GBG, from incidents, from wiping my butt, and from sneezing. I'm seriously gonna get all pissy with someone who's been on my friends list forever over 27 FPs?

Even if it were several hundred, so what? I can't remember the last time I was sniped. They found my GB during the 15 or so minutes it was on the leveling thread. Good for them. 10 minutes one side or the other and there would have been nothing to get.

DeletedUser41361

Im an early player. What is Sniping? I do contribute FP directly to some players GBs in order to get in line for BPs. Is that Sniping?

Bruadhin

I got sniped today on my level 31 CoA today while it was on a 1.85x leveling thread waiting to have 2nd taken. Their 204 FP donation cost me, in theory, 27 FPs. What did I do about it? Added what I needed. let the thread know 2nd got sniped and called out 3rd.

I make multiple hundreds of FPs per day from my city, 50-60 more from RQs collecting my city, 15-18 FPs from tavern daily, FPs from GE, from GBG, from incidents, from wiping my butt, and from sneezing. I'm seriously gonna get all pissy with someone who's been on my friends list forever over 27 FPs?

Even if it were several hundred, so what? I can't remember the last time I was sniped. They found my GB during the 15 or so minutes it was on the leveling thread. Good for them. 10 minutes one side or the other and there would have been nothing to get.

Can I get a FR on Rugnir then?

I find the people who get the most pissy about it are the same ones that also massively overprimed their GB before putting it in a 1.X thread. Swappers don't seem to care at all.