• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Archaeology 2020 Feedback

CDmark

Last year's Archaeology Event did this as well. Both the Kiosk and the Lord's Manor were historical quest rewards, and appeared as daily specials during the event.

Ah, figured it out, the quote. 2019 Arch - Looked it up, Kiosk and Lords Manor, were Live event prizes, correct, good find. And they removed a 1 up (there were 2 in beta) and the Champions Retreat (beta had 1, live had 0). Hmm, the plot thickens...lol I will cross reference this years beta to the live event as of now, they just released Carousel #2.
This is interesting but am I OK speculating? I will qualify statements but I do not want to mislead folks. A cross reference of this years event follows

Last edited:

CDmark

2020 Arch has 6 daily special left, here is what is missing from beta
Sok, WF selection kit, Victory Tower Upgrade, Wishing Well upgrade (note, there were 2 of these in beta but no Wishing Well), Checkmate Square, Balloon Site, Reno kit.

Here is the guesses with some confidence with explanation
1/6 my first guess will be 1 regular WW - 2 WW shrinks in beta, no regular WW. I just don't see them not offering a regular WW. I can see them offering WW shrink before regular WW but it is a regular offering, every event
2/6 Reno kit - another regular offering every event
3/6 Sok - over a year of data, same beta/live Sok
4/6 VT up - again very consistent over a years look. One time, 2019 Forge, they did 2 VT ups in beta, VT and VT up in live, but 2 of each

The real guesses
5/6 WF selection kit I can see dropping one WF selection kit, but I have mentioned, there is strong evidence they keep those types of offerings the same, beta vs live

6/6 So, Balloon versus Checkmate
Scenario 1, Checkmate dropped - It just may be too powerful of a daily special to offer. I know, huge player disappointment but there are no guarantees with beta offerings
Scenario 2, Balloon dropped - Maybe offer checkmate the last day, the day we usually have very little to spend. Make it a risk/reward deal. If you like gambling and save all scrolls for the last day, then you can win big if checkmate is offered. You will find completing the tablets hard due to time constraints, 4 hr productions (hello using those 2 hr supply rushes). The conservative approach, let's call it the Nickel slot machine player, take the carousels offered today, see what happens with special the next few days, maybe that last day possibility happens and you get 1 OR spend diamonds for more.

The main decision - Carousel offered today which I believe will be the last one (strong confidence on this one and supporting data). If you have no carousels, this may be the smart move, it is a good building (Age will also play a factor ie Iron Age player, do it for sure). If you stacked your inventory with carousels form last years event, like I did, you could always sell them in the AD, will be trade coin to get Checkmate in Auction.

Last edited:

ffblackice

I have obtained the second airship, got tons of other tablets (51 tablets in total), but still could not find the golden clay tablet, not sure whether the golden clay tablet even exists?

Last edited:

DreadfulCadillac

2020 Arch has 6 daily special left, here is what is missing from beta
Sok, WF selection kit, Victory Tower Upgrade, Wishing Well upgrade (note, there were 2 of these in beta but no Wishing Well), Checkmate Square, Balloon Site, Reno kit.

Here is the guesses with some confidence with explanation
1/6 my first guess will be 1 regular WW - 2 WW shrinks in beta, no regular WW. I just don't see them not offering a regular WW. I can see them offering WW shrink before regular WW but it is a regular offering, every event
2/6 Reno kit - another regular offering every event
3/6 Sok - over a year of data, same beta/live Sok
4/6 VT up - again very consistent over a years look. One time, 2019 Forge, they did 2 VT ups in beta, VT and VT up in live, but 2 of each

The real guesses
5/6 WF selection kit I can see dropping one WF selection kit, but I have mentioned, there is strong evidence they keep those types of offerings the same, beta vs live

6/6 So, Balloon versus Checkmate
Scenario 1, Checkmate dropped - It just may be too powerful of a daily special to offer. I know, huge player disappointment but there are no guarantees with beta offerings.
Scenario 2, Balloon dropped - Maybe offer checkmate the last day, the day we usually have very little to spend. Make it a risk/reward deal. If you like gambling and save all scrolls for the last day, then you can win big if checkmate is offered. You will find completing the tablets hard due to time constraints, 4 hr productions (hello using those 2 hr supply rushes). The conservative approach, let's call it the Nickel slot machine player, take the carousels offered today, see what happens with special the next few days, maybe that last day possibility happens and you get 1 OR spend diamonds for more.

The main decision - Carousel offered today which I believe will be the last one (strong confidence on this one and supporting data). If you have no carousels, this may be the smart move, it is a good building (Age will also play a factor ie Iron Age player, do it for sure). If you stacked your inventory with carousels form last years event, like I did, you could always sell them in the AD, will be trade coin to get Checkmate in Auction.
I got one carousel today, and the historians rewards..spent a little of the historian reward, and spent all the tools i had that wernt from the historian reward, but still have 220 scrolls..
if they offer CS on the last day i will hopefully win one:)

CDmark

One thing just hit me, typically, the last day, the daily special isn't good at all. One time over the last year, it was Reno kit (which you can always use). Otherwise, victory L1, victory upgrade (still out there), medals (don't expect), watchfire L1 or upgrade (don't expect). Some of the fun for me is the guessing part. So, in cities I have many carousels, I may wait. If it is a SoK, I can always sell SoKs, happens to be #3 trade coin producer (6750 2hr barter. 10130 24 hr barter, some gems).

aghiv

I broke down and went for the Carousel today. It's only 2% worse than the Checkmate, and I'm really starting to have my doubts that Checkmate will show up.

OutlawDon

Good point. I forgot about the caruosel. As you mentioned, not as good as CS but it's not awful

However, I don't understand why they arent putting more attack power buidlings into these last few events. From what was reported, they made MASSIVE profits on the Forge Bowl and it was because they packed that event with a great main prize, colossus selection kits, and the introduction of sentinel tower.

I know a ton of people who spent big money on that event.

Not every event needs to be that good, because it would upset the balance of the game, but come on...make it at least attractive for us to spend some money.

I know a ton of people who spent big money on that event.

I haven't seen anyone on my 4 worlds get excited about breaking out the credit card for this event.
For me, it's more fun to play the game without buying lots of diamonds. Buying lots of diamonds seems like taking a shortcut in a marathon when you really don't want to run the 26 miles. People who are my close neighbors in points also don't seem to be buying lots of diamonds or they would be far ahead. They are players, and its interesting to see what they have done in their cities.

Vger

Scenario 1, Checkmate dropped - It just may be too powerful of a daily special to offer.
Really? Too powerful? We can't put up the CS because people will think it's so powerful, they won't want to spend diamonds to get one???
I don't think that is what INNO is thinking. I think INNO knows exactly what they are doing.
Spend your free event currency now. Then, when we toss out the CS, well....diamonds are always an option, right?
I think INNO knows exactly what a CS is worth, compared to a Carousel or Rotunda, etc. If they are smart (and they are), they are looking at what sells best in the AD, and how much people are willing to spend for things like the CS.
From what I see, people have gone nuts for a CS in the AD, prices have been crazy (but trending down, I think).

So, logically, it follows that nobody will go nuts and spend diamonds for a CS during an event? The logic fails me.

Just a SWAG, but we will see the CS soon, IMHO.

qaccy

For me, it's more fun to play the game without buying lots of diamonds. Buying lots of diamonds seems like taking a shortcut in a marathon when you really don't want to run the 26 miles. People who are my close neighbors in points also don't seem to be buying lots of diamonds or they would be far ahead. They are players, and its interesting to see what they have done in their cities.

No reason you can't still have fun while spending diamonds. Just means you have some different buildings in your city. Most players don't spend diamonds on things like research or buying goods/FP, and you can't really use diamonds to help you win difficult battles other than healing, but that's not gonna help you directly in battle.

planetofthehumans2

I have obtained the second airship, got tons of other tablets (51 tablets in total), but still could not find the golden clay tablet, not sure whether the golden clay tablet even exists?
I will trade you 3 golden tablets for 3 silver #2 tablets. How is it even possible that I have 3-5 of every other tablet but this??

DeletedUser4441

Yet experience tells us that what appears on Beta is subject to change. You've stated so above, and we've seen it in other events. Being players themselves do you really think the support folks have insider information about daily specials you and I don't? I doubt it. All they can do is tell you what their experience is, which is that it is typical that Dailies on Beta appear on live, just different days.

But as experience shows us, that is not a guarantee.

Okay, so? Do you think Inno cares about the discussions going on about Checkmate Square on the forums? Do you think Inno won't change things if and when it suits them? You can't be that naive.

Actually, yes the CM/CCM’s do have those lists (Speaking from past experience) But they are confidential information.