• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Soccer strategy

DeletedUser36400

Maybe a dumb question, but for this event this one like St. Patrick’s Day where you really need to keep up on a daily basis or can you save your goods and then use them all at once when there is a good daily special?

Aggressor

To me it depends. On my farm, no question I'm saving for the wishing wells and the shrink kits. On my main, I think I'll save for rogue hideouts or some of the tracks, but it can hurt your league ranking if you save I've heard.

To me it depends. On my farm, no question I'm saving for the wishing wells and the shrink kits. On my main, I think I'll save for rogue hideouts or some of the tracks, but it can hurt your league ranking if you save I've heard.

since you can only have 3 tournament tickets at a time, the game is encouraging you to play everyday and spend your currency developing your team

ffblackice

purchase lots of tournament tickets you rank will up for sure.
For me, I would save energy drinks and focus on training daily special.

DeletedUser29208

I just don't get it. When playing in the tournaments, my team stats say I have "71% chance of winning"...I play the team and I lose. So I adjust my team, lining up players that properly counter the team of my opponent - defender against offense, midfielder against defender, offender against midfielder. Again, I get "72% chance of victory"...yet again I lose. Based on the percentage of victory, I should be winning about three out of four of my matches, but in my last effort, I played 6 matches (all 70% chance of victory and up) and lost 5 out of 6. What is this?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lankybrit

I just don't get it. When playing in the tournaments, my team stats say I have "71% chance of winning"...I play the team and I lose. So I adjust my team, lining up players that properly counter the team of my opponent - defender against offense, midfielder against defender, offender against midfielder. Again, I get "72% chance of victory"...yet again I lose. Based on the percentage of victory, I should be winning about three out of four of my matches, but in my last effort, I played 6 matches (all 70% chance of victory and up) and lost 5 out of 6. What kind of BS is this?
It's Random. Flip a coin 10 times. You have a chance to come up heads 10 times. 71% is 7.1 in 10 chance of winning. You were in the 29%. And then in the 28%. Yes, there's about a 10% of that happening, but that's what happened.

-Sebastian-

Here's what I'm seeing right now as the major trade-offs...

For the quests, if we do them all early, we get more player cards early (which helps with tournaments), and we have the option to do lots of training early (so we can target early daily specials, plus we get more player cards early). On the other hand, we get a lot of tickets that way, and we have to decide whether to use them early, or save them and lose out on the 8-hour regeneration.

For training, there's the usual choice of the 3 players, depending on whether you want to focus on the player rewards, getting more distance/drink, or getting the daily special. (There's also the chance of getting the extra rewards from having a high-ranked player, but that's insignificant.) And there's the choice of making progress early, to get as many player cards as early as possible, or of waiting for the daily specials we like. (I don't think there's a downside to spending all our drinks on early training, aside from missing out on later daily specials.)

For the tournament, there's a trade-off between saving tickets for a good daily special, versus spending them as we get them. There's the choice of which match to play. And I'm not sure whether replaying does anything worthwhile, or even if it could have different results without changing our team.

How much am I missing? :)

DeletedUser29208

It's Random. Flip a coin 10 times. You have a chance to come up heads 10 times. 71% is 7.1 in 10 chance of winning. You were in the 29%. And then in the 28%. Yes, there's about a 10% of that happening, but that's what happened.
Yes, and I would be okay with losing one or two on a random chance, but when I get "70% chance of winning" on 6 games, theoretically I should win at least 4 out of 6. I won one out of six...and it's happened that way more than once. And I am NOT the only player who I talked with who has had this same experience. I assume that the game uses a truly randomized element in the programming since the same thing seems to routinely happen with GB award percentages too, but it's frustrating when I see players on this event who are winning thousands of points yet I am maximizing my percentages and still blowing chunks on the award boards because something is apparently skewed against me for some reason.

Just this morning, I managed to set up a team percentage of 83% (the largest I was able to set thus far) and I still lost. (I won the rematch, but with 83% chance of victory, I am forced to wonder how I lost at all.)

And actually, your coin analogy is actually not correct. If a coin is properly weighted from the mint, heads are actually twice as likely to come as tails, so it is theoretically possible to flip a coin ten times and get heads 10 times. It is far less likely to get 10 tails.

Farfle the smelly

There is a difference. Tournament tickets you need to spend, but the energy drinks you can save till the end.

Can we go back to the 3 tickets thing, because I think I am misunderstanding. Is it capped at only 3 games a day? Because I’ve earned and won 10+ and they’re not dropping off. Are they suppose to?

-Sebastian-

Ahhh, so it’s in my best interest to play the tourney every day then. Fabulous. Thank you!

Right. So... Let's say I have 10 tickets saved up, and a good daily special comes in 3 days. I can spend them all now, in which case I'd get at most 13 chances at today's special, 3 at tomorrow's, 3 at the day after's, and then 3 at the good daily special. So a total of 22 tries. Or I could wait, in which case I'd get at most 13 tries at the good special. (Assuming I get less than 8 hours of sleep and structure my life around the game.) The more tournaments I play in, the more I'll win (I'd hope), so I'll get more rewards, and my league ranking will be higher. So... since there are a number of decent tournament daily specials, it might be best to do it the first way, and get as many tournament fights as I can, without regard to the daily special?

Farfle the smelly

I’m doing training every day, sometimes more than once a day so I can amp up my players without resorting to diamonds. And it sounds like, even though I’m being given tickets, I’m losing the opportunity for more tickets because they’ll only reimburse me if I get below 3. I think?

-Sebastian-

Yeah, I think tickets work the same as FP in the bar. Except that the limit is 3 instead of 10, and it takes 8 hours to get a new one, instead of 1 hour. So if we have 3 or more in the bar, we're "missing out" on potential tickets.

DeletedUser37725

no logic to the tournament percentages, not sure anything makes a difference, it feels more like a 50/50 coin toss and doesn't matter what players you pick. Since nothing is displayed only a win or lose there is no good way to know without doing thousands of tests. Based on my distrust of programmers and Inno's profit motives, I seriously question the function and would need to see proof before I believed it is correctly configured. There is no place Ive seen that even provides a good explanation of players, types, scores, how results are computed. Just figure it is a lottery some win and some lose,. I'm not going to waste time picking players or diamonds on a game of chance with no way to compute odds. Punch the button and see what I get.

no logic to the tournament percentages, not sure anything makes a difference, it feels more like a 50/50 coin toss and doesn't matter what players you pick. Since nothing is displayed only a win or lose there is no good way to know without doing thousands of tests. Based on my distrust of programmers and Inno's profit motives, I seriously question the function and would need to see proof before I believed it is correctly configured. There is no place Ive seen that even provides a good explanation of players, types, scores, how results are computed. Just figure it is a lottery some win and some lose,. I'm not going to waste time picking players or diamonds on a game of chance with no way to compute odds. Punch the button and see what I get.

having lost 12 in a row, I have zero confidence in the process. I do not feel it is random or the RNG function is bugged/broke.

up to 14 in a row

Last edited:

RazorbackPirate

Picking players is Rock / Paper / Scissors. Doing that has given me a pretty good win ratio. I've mostly played the middle difficulty as my team is not that strong yet, but even so, It's given me about a 65% win ratio.

I'm not worried about where I am in the overall rankings, I know the folks at the top will be diamond spenders, of which I'm not. I'm only hoping to win to open the chest and get a prize. Hopefully the Daily Special. Since I see the Tournament as just another chance to get a reward, I'm not too concerned about the rest.

-Sebastian-

A few little updates:

In Training, the percent chance of daily specials seems to be equivalent to the progress down the field, so the only calculation is whether you're more interested in the player rewards, or in daily specials and field progress. I think most of us will prefer the latter.

In Tournament, it's possible to keep clicking "rematch", without changing teams, and eventually win.

I've found that a simple way to pick my best possible Tournament team is to clear all 5 cards, and add all 5 of my "best type" in order, highest to lowest. Note the percent chance, and replace the 5th (the lowest ranked of the best type) with the highest of the other two types, seeing which (if either) gets a higher percent chance. If one of them did, keep it and repeat for the 4th, and then the 3rd, and so on, until there's no improvement.

I'm not sure that extra player cards help much, since the stronger your team is, the more you're paired against other stronger teams. Maybe it affects league points somehow? I suppose it does matter if you're one of the top diamond players in your world, competing against the other top diamond players. But for us in the middle, it seems like a rigged game: the better we do, the harder it gets. The only actual benefit seems to be the insignificant chance of doubling rewards in Training.

planetofthehumans2

That's what I want to know, what's the point score next to the little man? The team score? Its clearly not how many cards I have since I just got 100 and my score only went up 20 points.