• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

weird global chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triopoly Champion

Show me the science that shows masks work. I'll wait.
Some science won't be provable until after at least certain amount of time, otherwise Dr. Fauci can easily prove to you. Japan and South Korea seem to have much less daily cases even when they reopen up, it has to do with other behavioral factors too.

If I can live through the next winter without much problems, then the national strategy will be considered working. Italy seems doing much better recently despite being 1 of the earliest pandemic epicenters.

Aggressor

I'm also old enough to remember when they told us not to wear them because they didn't do anything. Ah, the good old days.

BTW - Today is day 159 of - 15 Days to Slow the Spread.
It's ridiculous how people think masks help. This should be talked about more. Thanks for bringing it up

Triopoly Champion

It's ridiculous how people think masks help. This should be talked about more. Thanks for bringing it up
The masks help to not spread the virus to others while maintaining the social distances, not helping to protect yourself when others don't. Still, it depends on the types of the masks, medical versions are very different than the regular versions.

If the masks really don't help, then why the doctors and nurses have to wear them when treating the Covid-19 patients. Just take them off.

Aggressor

The masks help to not spread the virus to others while maintaining the social distances, not helping to protect yourself when others don't. Still, it depends on the types of the masks, medical versions are very different than the regular versions.

If the masks really don't help, then why the doctors and nurses have to wear them when treating the Covid-19 patients. Just take them off.
Masks are not helping anybody, including the doctors, but that isn't the point
You expecting me to wear a mask and thinking I'm inconsiderate if I don't is irrational. go be a servant of the government if you please, but I'm not the inconsiderate one when people are getting angry for me not wearing a breathing prohibiter on my face.

Triopoly Champion

You expecting me to wear a mask and thinking I'm inconsiderate if I don't is irrational. go be a servant of the government if you please, but I'm not the inconsiderate one when people are getting angry for me not wearing a breathing prohibiter on my face.
Get a more luxurious mask, so you won't have the breathing problems.

Cheap masks are not helping anybody, I agree.

RazorbackPirate

Ok, but where's the science? That's tight, there is none. Still waiting for actual science, not your opinion. I'll start.

Exhibit A

1597983506533.png

DevaCat

If this doesn't make it past the link allowed policy go to the Center for Disease Control (CDC . gov) and look for press release dated Tuesday, July 14, 2020

And yes, also, time will tell.
Thanks for a rational response. Fwiw, I don't take medical advice from a politician's gut or big head, or pay much attention to the pronouncements of anyone quoting "Q" in a signature. As for anyone refusing to mask up, I guess the word asymptomatic is just a little too tough for them to understand.

Nicholas002

I'm also old enough to remember when they told us not to wear them because they didn't do anything. Ah, the good old days.

BTW - Today is day 159 of - 15 Days to Slow the Spread.

As a worker in the medical field, I will say that while certain types of masks are not proven to help much (N-95 and PAPR masks are proven to btw), it is absolutely irrational, arrogant and inconsiderate to refuse to do such an easy thing, even if there is only a chance it will work. Even more assassine (@Lil Hooper ), is to make fun of people who wear a mask to protect themselves or others. Politicizing it, also does't help (@RazorbackPirate).

do you think I like wearing a mask? No.
Do I wear a mask? yes. simply because there is a chance that it will prevent others from getting sick.
do I care if I get COVID-19? for my sake, no: I am young and healthy. For the sake of those I live and work with, Yes: they are more vulnerable.
Do I wear a mask when I am 2 Feet from the face of a COVID positive patient in a cramped elevator on a daily basis? YES
Why? to protect those I live with.

Triopoly Champion

Ok, but where's the science? That's tight, there is none. Still waiting for actual science, not your opinion. I'll start.

Exhibit A
The type of masks you posted isn't the N95 types, the homemade cloth masks will definitely be nearly useless. Also certain types of the surgery masks won't protect you from the Covid virus either.

Aggressor

The type of masks you posted isn't the N95 types, the homemade cloth masks will definitely be nearly useless. Also the surgery masks won't protect you from the Covid virus either.
N95,the so called "fancy" masks will kill you from suffocation
but realistically, they are dangerous because you are breathing in your own exhale and it's bad for you

RazorbackPirate

As a worker in the medical field, I will say that while certain types of masks are not proven to help much (N-95 and PAPR masks are proven to btw), it is absolutely irrational, arrogant and inconsiderate to refuse to do such an easy thing, even if there is only a chance it will work. Even more assassine (@Lil Hooper ), is to make fun of people who wear a mask to protect themselves or others. Politicizing it, also does't help (@RazorbackPirate).

do you think I like wearing a mask? No.
Do I wear a mask? yes. simply because there is a chance that it will prevent others from getting sick.
do I care if I get COVID-19? for my sake, no: I am young and healthy. For the sake of those I live and work with, Yes: they are more vulnerable.
Do I wear a mask when I am 2 Feet from the face of a COVID positive patient in a cramped elevator on a daily basis? YES
Why? to protect those I live with.
If masks work and you're wearing one, why does it matter if I don't? If you're protected, you're protected. If masks work, why didn't they just give prisoners masks instead of releasing them? If masks work, why did Dr. Fauci spend March and April telling people not to wear them, because they didn't work? Was he lying then, or is he lying now? Either way, why are we listening to a proven liar?

RazorbackPirate

The type of masks you posted isn't the N95 types, the homemade cloth masks will definitely be nearly useless. Also certain types of the surgery masks won't protect you from the Covid virus either.
Then why don't the regulations state the specific kinds of masks required? If it was at all about health they would. Wearing masks are not about the virus, they're about the election. Keeping people living in fear to keep the economy shut down and push for mail in voting.

Why is it that countries that used the HCQ + Zinc + Z-pack protocol experienced a 79% lower death rate? Why is it that protocol works everywhere in the world, but not in the US?

None so blind...

Triopoly Champion

and what about people with antibodies? Why make them wear a mask!? It doesn't make any sense and it's all a power grab
Lack of the testing kits and testing capacities are most likely the major faults of the U.S. government. People should get their test results back within no longer than 2 to 3 full days. If people have to wait for the full 2 weeks to learn they are positive, the purpose of the whole mask mandating has been defeated.

People with antibodies should be able to print the documents and show the store workers that they have the rights to not wearing the masks, but again they need to be retested monthly to see whether that immunity still there later on.

DevaCat

If masks work and you're wearing one, why does it matter if I don't? If you're protected, you're protected. If masks work, why didn't they just give prisoners masks instead of releasing them? If masks work, why did Dr. Fauci spend March and April telling people not to wear them, because they didn't work? Was he lying then, or is he lying now? Either way, why are we listening to a proven liar?
It matters if you don't because you could be infected with the virus and have absolutely no idea you were, i.e., asymptomatic. The mask isn't to protect ones self, it is to protect others. If you refuse to wear one, that speaks volumes about what you think about others.

Fauci in March was requesting that people not panic and run and buy up all masks, because they were needed for medical personnel and Trump was still denying the need to rev up the supply chain. It was not because masks did not work -- that is bull spin from the administration trying to evade responsibility for their miserable response. And Fauci is not a proven liar. That person sits in the Oval Office.

Nicholas002

If masks work and you're wearing one, why does it matter if I don't? If you're protected, you're protected.
because you may be putting others at risk. what, are you the only one in the world that matters? might just be me, but that mindset seems kinda selfish.
If masks work, why didn't they just give prisoners masks instead of releasing them?
politics
If masks work, why did Dr. Fauci spend March and April telling people not to wear them, because they didn't work?
politics
Was he lying then, or is he lying now?
politics
Either way, why are we listening to a proven liar?
politics

You are way over-politicizing it. Forget about politics, and just use common sense: If someone has respiratory illness that is transmitted by respiratory droplets, when they cough or sneeze, the droplets will be largely stopped if they are wearing a facial covering. (even the regular cloth or surgical masks help).
thus they are putting fewer people around them at risk.

If I am non-symptomatically carrying the virus, I sure as hell don't want to be responsible for the death of anyone around me because of my laziness, negligence, arrogance, or dislike of a political party.

RazorbackPirate

You are way over-politicizing it. Forget about politics, and just use common sense: If someone has respiratory illness that is transmitted by respiratory droplets, when they cough or sneeze, the droplets will be largely stopped if they are wearing a facial covering. (even the regular cloth or surgical masks help).
thus they are putting fewer people around them at risk.

If I am non-symptomatically carrying the virus, I sure as hell don't want to be responsible for the death of anyone around me because of my laziness, negligence, arrogance, or dislike of a political party.
If you're asymptomatic, you're not couching or sneezing, since those are symptoms.

Remember when we used to sit around and wonder how many people we infected with the Flu? Yeah, me neither.

Status
Not open for further replies.