• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

New world strategy

Nicholas002

Ok, the point of this wasn't diamonds vs. no diamonds. the point was strategy. Any strat can be sped up with diamonds, but diamonds are not a strat in and of themselves.

Basically, I am wondering what the best strategy is, whether or not you use diamonds.
The main ones I can think of are tech rushing, and arc rushing.

The most useful advise would be advise that helps both a whale get to the top of the whales, and a F2P get to the top of the F2Ps.

(and for those who cant discuss new world strats without the word "diamonds": what would be the best use of your diamonds? tech rush or arc rush, or some other strat?)

If we don't break Inno's rules I'd think you would get your guild mates and friends to create pseudo-push accounts on the new server. These pseudo-push accounts would sacrifice their progress and feed FPs to three accounts Zeus (and ToR for a little while). The three accounts would progress the tech tree with their own FPs and farm GE/GBG. (One might make a CF to share goods with the other two.) They would farm AD because few would have points to buy anything. This would continue until FE when the three accounts would start ARCs, leveling each other for BPs. The pseudo-push accounts would feed their Arcs as well. At that point you'd have a solid foundation to power level new accounts (or the pseudo-push ones).

Doing it solo will take too long. You'd be roadkill.

Stay Rita

Ok I will rephrase: what’s the best way to get as high as possible without buying diamonds. Obviously getting to the very top would be impossible, but I think top 100 would be a reasonable goal.

I did this on Birka I was top 100 for awhile and then I fell off. I stuck to sniping oracles and the huts to get to IA ASAP. Good luck starting new worlds is fun just don't let it get to ya head o_O

Stay Rita

I have a feeling that a new world might be released soon, and I want to be ready for it. i think it would be fun to have a city just for the purposes of getting as high in the global rankings as possible.

so what would be the best way to do this? (Besides buying diamonds)

Rush through the ages as fast as possible, to get an edge on the goods selling market?

camp in HMA and be one of the first players to get an arc80, to get an advantage on FPs?

go at a responsible but fairly quick pace through the ages, leveling the essential GBs to a reasonable level, but not camping or racing, to have a balanced city?

any thoughts?

Could rush to PE to sell goods and neglect all other gbs except zues until you hit PE which means mostly all your fps go to tech

Nicholas002

Can you hit top 100 without buying diamonds? Heck, I can't even see the top 100. But you could earn diamonds to spend by doing GE and GBG by means of option 3 and being in the right guild. Anything's possible.
#100 in Zorskog (3 years old) looks like they got there for free. no doubles of main event buildings, AF and still a lot of land to acquire.
Of course you can't know for sure, but it just looks like a free city to me.

Stay Rita

Make it your main world and you will do fine a lot of guys spend money and then fall out after a few months. I did that on B and regret the cash I spent only for me to quit playing on it. It somewhat came in use again when I reopened it and had all attacking gbs level 10 in IA so it had some use after all plus.

Triopoly Champion

Make it your main world and you will do fine a lot of guys spend money and then fall out after a few months. I did that on B and regret the cash I spent only for me to quit playing on it. It somewhat came in use again when I reopened it and had all attacking gbs level 10 in IA so it had some use after all plus.
I never really tried to get ahead of others, just wanted to own enough properties including goods and GBs to satisfy my own needs and myself.

Be able to finish GEs and GBGs, Not stuck on tech tree, plenty of goods to trade with the guildies.

Agent327

Buying diamonds is not a strategy. It’s just a way to speed up other strategies. If you want to start another thread discussing diamond buying strategies, and how to get the best deals, I’m not stopping you.

edit 2: and think about this.
(poor person who lost his job due to the pandemic, and struggles to feed his family): “cant wait for my stimulus check. Hmmmm what should I do with it, buy the large diamonds package, or put some food on the table for my kids”

It is a strategy. The strategy is called pay 2 win.

Go to the world that is the newest and have a look at the cities of the players highest in ranking. Notice how the top is all in the same guilds. These guilds are already started before the world opens. It is not rushing the Arc or the techtree. It is rushing everything. Coin collection, supply collection, BP collection. These guys live in their cities in the first days.

Then, when the first event comes and that is pretty soon these days, they start buying the main prize multiple times. Even if you make top 100 before the event, you will be out of it after it.

It is easier to make top 100 on an older world.

Lord Visago

Lots of edits tonight! I believe I referenced buying diamonds looking at my post history twice. Once with the pagoda and twice with the summer event when I commented what packages I got in reference to what package someone else bought. It just seems like everything is blatantly calling attention to the fact you want to do everything the no diamond route. So I was just curious why you felt that way. I buy diamonds to catch up on buildings that I missed from years prior and if there’s an event building I really like, I will spend something to get another one. I was just bouncing my question off of agent’s response as well.

I find it funny when people who profess that they don't do something as often as they profess it, really means, they are doing it. So it's extremely likely
Anne Boleyn the Happiest that people who claim and brag that they don't buy diamonds are most likely the ones buying the diamonds. So I guess we should all thank them. I have no qualms about buying diamonds. I don't do it often but why not support a game that you love. I love FOE and all its intricacies, I feel that this game has so many layers to it that one may never really ever know the game 100% due to all the variables. Hey, at least we can afford the diamonds, maybe they're just jealous that they cant afford to buy any.

Nicholas002

It is easier to make top 100 on an older world.
How? The old worlds were once new worlds, so everything you said applied to them too.
I think it will be a lot easier to make top 100 on any world after 3 years if you started on that world the day it opened, than to make top 100 on a different world after 3 years if you started 5 years after the world opened.

Aggressor

How? The old worlds were once new worlds, so everything you said applied to them too.
I think it will be a lot easier to make top 100 on any world after 3 years if you started on that world the day it opened, than to make top 100 on a different world after 3 years if you started 5 years after the world opened.
You are so right
Im looking forward to this new world. I want to see how far i can go with no money, no established players who have been there for 3 years, just me and everybody else starting at the same whistle

Plunder Queen

You are so right
Im looking forward to this new world. I want to see how far i can go with no money, no established players who have been there for 3 years, just me and everybody else starting at the same whistle
I think you will find out very quickly that you need some form of diamonds. Be it bought through packages or through WW to reach the top 100. You’ll need to coin siege camps for gbg to get those nice four camps to farm from for FPS for your GBs.

BruteForceAttack

I think you will find out very quickly that you need some form of diamonds. Be it bought through packages or through WW to reach the top 100. You’ll need to coin siege camps for gbg to get those nice four camps to farm from for FPS for your GBs.

Also for point farming, out of top 20 in my world almost 15 if not more are there because of GbG Point farming.

Nicholas002

Also for point farming, out of top 20 in my world almost 15 if not more are there because of GbG Point farming.
Am I right that the next world will be the first world to open with GBg? or at least with GBg farming an established strategy? because that honestly could change what the best strat would be. GBg farming could be more profitable than selling goods even...

BruteForceAttack

Am I right that the next world will be the first world to open with GBg? or at least with GBg farming an established strategy? because that honestly could change what the best strat would be. GBg farming could be more profitable than selling goods even...

Yes... and Like I said before... GbG Farming is the Best way to get Ranking points now... We have ppl doing 10-15k fights a season.....yes 1 person on a avg doing easily 1000+ fights a day ....yes the higher age you are and able to farm more the more ranking points and rewards you will get.

Agent327

I said "on an older world". The new world will be C and if I look at the numbers it will take a long time before that will be opened. An older world would be X,Y, Z or A. There you avoid the ratrace at the start and will be able to grow in a steady pace yourself. You get help in doing so. On a new world others will prevent you from growing.

You are so right

You will still face established players that grow much faster than you. You start at the same whistle and then are left behind.

wiserpenny

Ok I will rephrase: what’s the best way to get as high as possible without buying diamonds. Obviously getting to the very top would be impossible, but I think top 100 would be a reasonable goal.
Started on birka as my first world ever back in october when it was released. Lots of inefficiency early on but im ranked 109 today and just got to contemporary era a couple of weeks ago. Level 86 arc, 58 CF, and working on leveling others. Fight to get some battle points and level your buildings as much as possible. Be efficient. If i knew what i was doing more the first couple of months i am sure i could be ranked higher.
Getting your Arc up and leveled will give you quite a few points. It will help you get all your medal expansions, FP packs, and help you grow. So get a basic base set up (attack power your economy of choice etc) and then level your arc.

edit: if you can get an alliance or agreement of some type with those who DO run to the top of the ages it helps a lot. Need someone to sell you those higher age goods for things like the arc if you aren’t diamond tech rushing yourself.

Nicholas002

I said "on an older world". The new world will be C and if I look at the numbers it will take a long time before that will be opened. An older world would be X,Y, Z or A. There you avoid the ratrace at the start and will be able to grow in a steady pace yourself. You get help in doing so. On a new world others will prevent you from growing.
but they won't totally prevent you from growing. You will still grow more than if you do not start at all.
Look at it this way: if my goal is top 100 on the new world, what would give me the best chance?
a). starting day 1 with everyone else and growing slowly at first during the ratrace, but growing nonetheless, or
b). waiting a year for it to be an older world, and for the ratrace to be over, then starting?

the obvious answer is a).
if you think the answer is b), please explain, because that makes no sense to me.

Yes, on an old world (I play on Z), it is easier to get more points earlier, but it will be vastly harder to get higher in the rankings.

Agent327

I had the exact same idea as you. I am an active player, I know the game, so if a new world would open I could compete with the top. Boy was I in for a surprise. On day 1, the top had guilds with 80 players in it. They were doing 5-15 minute productions all day. Raced through the tech and were able to plunder the hood in no time and that hood stays the same for 14 days. Only thing positive is if they are doing that on a new world, they are less active on other worlds ;)