• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

New world strategy

Nicholas002

I have a feeling that a new world might be released soon, and I want to be ready for it. i think it would be fun to have a city just for the purposes of getting as high in the global rankings as possible.

so what would be the best way to do this? (Besides buying diamonds)

Rush through the ages as fast as possible, to get an edge on the goods selling market?

camp in HMA and be one of the first players to get an arc80, to get an advantage on FPs?

go at a responsible but fairly quick pace through the ages, leveling the essential GBs to a reasonable level, but not camping or racing, to have a balanced city?

any thoughts?

emmagirl2

I have a feeling that a new world might be released soon, and I want to be ready for it. i think it would be fun to have a city just for the purposes of getting as high in the global rankings as possible.

Rush through the ages as fast as possible, to get an edge on the goods selling market?

camp in HMA and be one of the first players to get an arc80, to get an advantage on FPs?

go at a responsible but fairly quick pace through the ages, leveling the essential GBs to a reasonable level, but not camping or racing, to have a balanced city?

any thoughts?
Racing eras and making a collective guild I think

Aggressor

I don't know but I want to be on the new world too.
I was thinking my idea will be to rush through the eras to PE so I can sell PE sets for Traz and CF. That's what my friend did on birka and his arc is almost 80 without spending much real money (which is relative, he's probably spent about $300

Lady Gato

$300? Well I probably easily spent that giving my son PS3 games. $49.95 each and the $ goes fast not to mention the console itself. But I also had fun playing Guitar Hero. Can't see spending that money on invisible troops.

Triopoly Champion

In order to raise The Arc to that high level in a new world, certain amount of the players have to reach the Future Era already consider how many Arc blueprints will be required? Arc groups cannot be formed until someone has huge amount of Future Era goods to sell which takes time or diamonds.

I'm still waiting for a different type of new world to be opened, maybe not so strategically Arc-based.

Plunder Queen

Ok I will rephrase: what’s the best way to get as high as possible without buying diamonds. Obviously getting to the very top would be impossible, but I think top 100 would be a reasonable goal.
Why do you abhor the fact the people buy diamonds? I don’t get it. How is it any different than buying a physical game and buying add-on packages here and there? A lot of your comments that I’ve seen so far, you have bragged (maybe the feeling you’re a better player because you don’t use diamonds) that you don’t buy diamonds or you’re thanking people for buying diamonds to keep FOE free. I’m just curious why a lot of your comments are about the fact you hate diamonds and you’re above buying them.

Nicholas002

Why do you abhor the fact the people buy diamonds? I don’t get it. How is it any different than buying a physical game and buying add-on packages here and there?
I don’t abhor the fact. On the contrary, I love it. It allows me to play a game for free.
A lot of your comments that I’ve seen so far, you have bragged (maybe the feeling you’re a better player because you don’t use diamonds) that you don’t buy diamonds or you’re thanking people for buying diamonds to keep FOE free. I’m just curious why a lot of your comments are about the fact you hate diamonds and you’re above buying them.
If you see that as bragging, fine.
I was wondering why you so often brag about buying lots of diamonds.

now, since you are so intrigued, I will list in order of importance, the reason I don’t buy diamonds:
  1. I would much rather spend my money elsewhere. I do not have an endless supply of dinero. If I were a millionaire, sure I might buy some diamonds here or there, but then again, I would probably be doing better things than playing FoE, like driving my Lamborghini
  2. Buying diamonds would not increase the fun I get out of the game. If I would spend $100 on diamonds, and get another hippodrome, what would I get in return for my money? A make believe building that would give me some more make believe currency, and I honestly would get no more pleasure out of playing the game than if I had just one hippodrome
  3. I enjoy the challenge of playing without buying diamonds, and being more successful than many who do.
Now would you share some of the reasons that you choose to spend your money on diamonds, and why you feel you are above those who don’t?

edit: what does this have to do with this thread anyway? I asked for strategies for starting on a new world. I had to specify “no diamonds” so I would get some meaningful responses instead of stuff like this:
Buying diamonds is the only way.
Buying diamonds is not a strategy. It’s just a way to speed up other strategies. If you want to start another thread discussing diamond buying strategies, and how to get the best deals, I’m not stopping you.

edit 2: and think about this.
(poor person who lost his job due to the pandemic, and struggles to feed his family): “cant wait for my stimulus check. Hmmmm what should I do with it, buy the large diamonds package, or put some food on the table for my kids”

Last edited:

Plunder Queen

I don’t abhor the fact. On the contrary, I love it. It allows me to play a game for free.

If you see that as bragging, fine.
I was wondering why you so often brag about buying lots of diamonds.

now, since you are so intrigued, I will list in order of importance, the reason I don’t buy diamonds:
  1. I would much rather spend my money elsewhere. I do not have an endless supply of dinero. If I were a millionaire, sure I might buy some diamonds here or there, but then again, I would probably be doing better things than playing FoE, like driving my Lamborghini
  2. Buying diamonds would not increase the fun I get out of the game. If I would spend $100 on diamonds, and get another hippodrome, what would I get in return for my money? A make believe building that would give me some more make believe currency, and I honestly would get no more pleasure out of playing the game than if I had just one hippodrome
  3. I enjoy the challenge of playing without buying diamonds, and being more successful than many who do.
Now would you share some of the reasons that you choose to spend your money on diamonds, and why you feel you are above those who don’t?

edit: what does this have to do with this thread anyway? I asked for strategies for starting on a new world. I had to specify “no diamonds” so I would get some meaningful responses instead of stuff like this:

Buying diamonds is not a strategy. It’s just a way to speed up other strategies. If you want to start another thread discussing diamond buying strategies, and how to get the best deals, I’m not stopping you.

edit 2: and think about this.
(poor person who lost his job due to the pandemic, and struggles to feed his family): “cant wait for my stimulus check. Hmmmm what should I do with it, buy the large diamonds package, or put some food on the table for my kids”

Lots of edits tonight! I believe I referenced buying diamonds looking at my post history twice. Once with the pagoda and twice with the summer event when I commented what packages I got in reference to what package someone else bought. It just seems like everything is blatantly calling attention to the fact you want to do everything the no diamond route. So I was just curious why you felt that way. I buy diamonds to catch up on buildings that I missed from years prior and if there’s an event building I really like, I will spend something to get another one. I was just bouncing my question off of agent’s response as well.

Nicholas002

Lots of edits tonight! I believe I referenced buying diamonds looking at my post history twice. Once with the pagoda and twice with the summer event when I commented what packages I got in reference to what package someone else bought. It just seems like everything is blatantly calling attention to the fact you want to do everything the no diamond route. So I was just curious why you felt that way. I buy diamonds to catch up on buildings that I missed from years prior and if there’s an event building I really like, I will spend something to get another one. I was just bouncing my question off of agent’s response as well.
I am not gonna look through 1000+ messages to see how many times I have discussed F2P vs. P2P, but it can’t be more than about 5, counting this one.

anyway, no matter the reason why I don’t buy diamonds, it’s a fact. So regarding my question of this thread, any response saying to buy diamonds is not helpful to
me.

Just An Observer

One nice thing about having a game on the screen is that one's place of residence is not filled up with a lot of boxes. CMG's and CCG's will take up plenty of space. They can be stolen or damaged.

DevaCat

Lol, well in your op you mention 3 options and in the first two you mention "advantage" and "edge". Problem with the first two is that -- drumroll please -- you're gonna have to spend diamonds to compete with every one and his brother who has the same goal but who have no compunctions about spending diamonds. I can imagine the opening of a new world being somewhat like a land rush in the opening of the West.

Someone who has actually done this will have better advice, but I'd think a push to the top/quick start will be an objective of competitive guilds wanting to establish dominance in a new world. Hook up with one of them? Can you hit top 100 without buying diamonds? Heck, I can't even see the top 100. But you could earn diamonds to spend by doing GE and GBG by means of option 3 and being in the right guild. Anything's possible.

Lady Gato

What is the newest world? Can you write to say the top 5 players there and ask them (of course after creating a city on that world) if they would be willing to share their secrets on how they got to the top and what problems they encountered with doing that in a new world? Those players might not be hanging around in our forum -- probably busy with dominating their world.

EDIT: And then with the info you gather, you'd be better prepared when the brand new world opens.

Aggressor

What is the newest world? Can you write to say the top 5 players there and ask them (of course after creating a city on that world) if they would be willing to share their secrets on how they got to the top and what problems they encountered with doing that in a new world? Those players might not be hanging around in our forum -- probably busy with dominating their world.

EDIT: And then with the info you gather, you'd be better prepared when the brand new world opens.
I would ask but the reason they got to the top is diamonds. You can see their cities on the newest server, Birka

BruteForceAttack

@op You dont have to buy diamonds, you can farm them :)

any thoughts?

In Top 100 for how many days? It maybe easy to be in top 100 in the first week, but you probably need another parameter e.g. After 3 months I want to be top 100.

Like others have said you don't have to buy diamonds to spend diamonds. So maybe you may want to change "Buying Diamonds" to Spending/Using Diamonds" If you truly do not wish to use any diamonds, doesn't matter how you earn them.

So if you are not using any diamonds, best is to join a guild that spend diamonds in GbG and farm GbG for points. Which means you need to work your attack/def. GbG farming is the simplest way to get lot of ranking points.