• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

New Message Center Feedback

ggrrjj

This feels like a ½ step forward in a process that has 20 or more steps. It feels like inno wants to build an email client into the game but doesn't know how to do that.
The changes are almost entire visual, wasting more space and requiring more clicks but other than the filters doesn't add any new functionality or make the message center any easier to use, overall. I'm hard pressed to understand the reasoning behind this change at this time or the amount of attention inno gave it, nor the delay. I can only imaging how bad it was before the delay to have gotten this after it.

Those categories on the left side: why can't I make my own and move conversations to them? Tie this to filters so each custom filter I make has its own tab if I want rather than digging into several tabs to locate items.
Scrolling: it's 2020 why are we still doing paged scrolling in messages lists? Just let us scroll endlessly and load in the background. I know it's possible, literally every search engine out there does it.
Guild tab: why is there no way to promote an existing conversation to a guild conversation? They all have to be re-build, loosing message history.
Filters: Why are we emulating twitter, or whatever, with # in front of filters? Theres zero need and zero functionality added with the number sign in front. Filters are searches, they are clearly defined in the UI and there's no need for any additional callouts with the prefix.
leave/mark: Why are these options STILL directly next to each other with the similar looking alerts? The number of times I've seen a guild member accidentally leave all threads instead of marking them as read is pretty high. It's a UI disaster that has lingered too long. Change the location and the behavior of the "leave all" option.
So much of this game is so good that it's hard to believe that something so mediocre has come out of the development group.

Last edited:

Eyes of Kat

To note for anyone. ALL messages in the guild center provide notifications. Noticing this as I am moving the threads over to be guild threads.

Jern2017

Personally, I don't see much improvement. I expected the guild tab would feature the main guild thread as well as all the guild threads, with the social tab featuring private messages from other players. That would be ideal in my opinion.

Jes JoeKing

The new message center rolled out today on E world and was wondering why the Guild tab can only have one admin per message thread? On the Social tab you can have multiple Admins per thread. Also what requires an Official Tab all by itself, it is not as though Inno pushes out a bunch of messages/announcements that requires it's own tab.

Updates to the functionality would be if you are rolling this out then at least make the mobile platform functionality of message center similar to the PC version.

I don't mind the organization aspect of this update, but I do mind that it takes up the whole screen on mobile. I've already noticed that this makes looping more difficult and I imagine it would slow down a GB rage.

Tony 85 the Generous

Not sure who the "admins" are of the guild threads. It appears everyone and anyone can create a 'guild' thread but only 'admins' (whoever they are) can delete them.

Is there a setting to only allow 'admins' to create guild threads?

EDIT: Found it. MODERATORS privilege is required to delete threads. But ANYONE can create them. So if one of your members creates a guild thread by accident and does not have MODERATORS privilege, the leaders will have to be notfied and/or delete it. Thanks for the extra work INNO.

Last edited:

Jes JoeKing

Functionality wise anyone can create yes which is fine, but if you have a thread (i.e. swap thread) you can only have one person administer that thread if it is posted on the Guild message tab. Previously you could have more than one person administer that thread. Downside I see is if the one person leaves the Guild, sick, vacation, tragic death, then that thread is pretty much a do-over as you couldn't add/remove guild members as they come and go.

Tony 85 the Generous

What is there to admin on a guild thread? Create (appears to be anyone) and delete (appears to be 'admin' only). Nothing else to admin.

The real question is who are the 'admins' of the guild threads? I have three guild "leaders" and any can delete a guild thread. What setting allows a member to admin threads in the guild section.

Edit: Found it. The members must have the MODERATORS setting to delete guild threads.

toy283sc

On G world, anyone in the guild can delete a thread in the Guild tab. You cannot Leave the thread but you can delete it? Makes no sense. Things like tagging important, locking replies, and deleting should only be available to the thread creator and perhaps founders.

I like the new changes, but also wish we could easily move our guild threads that got left in "Social" up to guild without recreating them all. For admins there should be a way to "promote" threads to guild level. Something to think about for the future, but for today there's gonna be a lot of perturbed moderators coming to this thread.

Tony 85 the Generous

Suggestion: The dot on the GUILD and SOCIAL tab that indicates unread messages, can they update it to work like the message indicator on the city screen, such that once you access the message area it goes off. I have one unread message 4 pages in that kep the dot on. Since I don't read EVERY message I now have to click mark as read EVERY time I am in the message center to turn off the dot.

RaveWolf

Functionality wise anyone can create yes which is fine, but if you have a thread (i.e. swap thread) you can only have one person administer that thread if it is posted on the Guild message tab. Previously you could have more than one person administer that thread. Downside I see is if the one person leaves the Guild, sick, vacation, tragic death, then that thread is pretty much a do-over as you couldn't add/remove guild members as they come and go.

This confused me too, then I realised that there is Nothing to Administer... the system does everything for you. All you need to do is Change the Title or Delete the Thread.

El Frederico

All our current guild threads are showing up in the social tab. Is there a way to transfer them over to the guild thread? Or must we create a dozen + threads all over again, then delete the old threads. Looks like the answer is yes we have to recreate, please confirm.... anyone?

BruteForceAttack

All our current guild threads are showing up in the social tab. Is there a way to transfer them over to the guild thread? Or must we create a dozen + threads all over again, then delete the old threads. Looks like the answer is yes we have to recreate, please confirm.... anyone?

Recreate them..no other option