• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

New Message Center Feedback

Salsuero

i found a way to make it helpful still not happy with it add swap,sticks.gbg,an guild rule to guild page it will at least save you some time as it updates automatic

Yes. That's how it works. But that's not my point. We all know there is now a guild thread folder. What we're wanting to do is move the old threads we all used as guild threads over to that folder without having to recreate them all. I know we can recreate them manually. That's not the point. That's the hard way. Was hoping for an easy way. There isn't one. So we're all just going to have to recreate them. I've already done so in my guild. It's a one-time pain in the butt headache. Not the end of the world, just annoying.

Looony

The "admin" question was mainly for changing the name of the thread (GBG target thread)... thank you for actually reading the entire announcement INNO released about the new messaging system (unlike me)

Minigal

So far, I'm liking the organization of threads. One thing that would be helpful, though, is if you marked a thread as important, that it would stay at the top of the page. Also being able to mark a thread as "Important" inn the social tab would be nice, too.

XENA27

There is nothing to Administer in the Guild thread... Members get added or removed automatically by the system. Notifiers can Edit the Title, but only Leaders can delete them... Other than that, what else is there to Administer?

Our guild needs the ability to add guests to our guild threads, such as leaders from our alliance and our own leaders need access to our main guild threads when visiting other guilds in the alliance. This is a massive issue for me, being the main founder I need visibility what's happening in my guild when I'm not there!

In threads, if a person links a GB or trade then that person’s avatar is unavailable to see age, friend status, etc.
This doesn’t seem important but if you are in a thread with members from other guilds like a 1.9 thread and they post a GB, before calling a spot wouldn’t you want to know if you are friends or not. I’d hate to call a spot and then back out because I have to delete a snipe friend for a 1.9 spot call.

Dominator - X

Why would you want to remove a Guild Member from a Guild thread? They are a member of the Guild afterall. If there is a reason to leave the thread, then it is not a Guild thread. If it is an FP donation thread like a 5FP or 10FP, that is too little for higher members to support, then they can simply hide it.
There is no cookie cutter way to run a guild. Some of us have certain threads for certain members. Some threads are used as incentives for guild members to achieve a certain activity level. When they fail to meet that level, they are removed from that thread, yet not kicked from the guild. It gives them the option to increase their activity level, stay off those threads or leave the guild.
This new system, forces us to keep those threads in the Social Tab, though they are guild only threads. We will get used to it. It was just unexpected in how they operate is all.

Dominator - X

This doesn’t seem important but if you are in a thread with members from other guilds like a 1.9 thread and they post a GB, before calling a spot wouldn’t you want to know if you are friends or not. I’d hate to call a spot and then back out because I have to delete a snipe friend for a 1.9 spot call.
I am a member of a few of those threads. I honestly know who my friends are. However, I suppose if you are unsure, you could click on their Avatar. The menu will tell you if you want to add or remove them as friends, so you know right away whether they are a friend or not.
Some do call spots of non-friends accidentally, quite frequently. Others do it on purpose, hoping to get an invite.

I am a member of a few of those threads. I honestly know who my friends are. However, I suppose if you are unsure, you could click on their Avatar. The menu will tell you if you want to add or remove them as friends, so you know right away whether they are a friend or not.
Some do call spots of non-friends accidentally, quite frequently. Others do it on purpose, hoping to get an invite.
I wish I knew who all 80 of my friends are off the top of my head... I have a life I guess.. but in the actual forum created about the new message system, I posted as well another problem of if a person links anything whether trade or GB, you can not click on their avatar and have any info populate for your viewing pleasure. Just FYI

I wish I knew who all 80 of my friends are off the top of my head... I have a life I guess.. but in the actual forum created about the new message system, I posted as well another problem of if a person links anything whether trade or GB, you can not click on their avatar and have any info populate for your viewing pleasure. Just FYI
Very few times will it populate their info for you to see. I have 5 threads it won’t and only one it will.

Dominator - X

You must be using mobile. I rarely if ever use the mobile app. However on the PC, I do not have those issues you mention. If you do have this issue on PC, this is either a bug or a computer issue unique to you.

BmwF8002013

Being able to separate guild messages from social would be even better, for instance the 1.9 threads from, hey can you add to my GB threads. Messages get lost so fast from so many threads it is crazy. The new format is great but, we need more freedom to separate guild from social.

Ah Foo

This has been in use in beta for a few weeks. It does take some time to get used to. Once you do, you may notice it's not half as bad as first thought.

If it’s half as bad as I thought in a few weeks, it will still be like twice as bad as I could have imagined prior to today.

There’s room for five messages in the reading field at one time - for a busy guild, that means you’ll spend your day scrolling up to find out what people are talking about. The addition of so much empty space is form over function and the form is awful.

The adjust group button in guild conversation....actually does nothing. You cannot adjust the group.

Properly wrapping text is something that every chat on the planet mastered in like 1993. How on earth is Inno still breaking words in half?

It’s a cascade of unforced errors.

DeletedUser35024

My Feedback as a guild leader:
The good stuff. The new tab system is really nice. Makes things more organized. I like the new look as well, and the lock comments and hide thread functions. It is now much easier and more streamlined to create a guild wide message.

The bad stuff. I despise the fact the message center is now fullscreen on mobile. At least give us the option in settings to go back to window mode. The name and timestamp in bold at the beginning of ever message is distracting and obnoxious. It is ESPECIALLY obnoxious the timestamp that is basically now a part of every thread title, making all the headers harder to read.

Needs tweaking. The mark as important function ought to automatically stick a thread to the top of the page. If I'm marking something important, I want my guildies to SEE it. So it should be the first thing to show up when they open the guild message tab. "You can view important messages using the new filter system" you say? Sorry, but how likely are players to click through the filters every time they get on? I want even the LAZY guildies to see it.
The favorites function has a similar flaw. The concept of favorites is that they are messages you use a lot and want quick access to. Marking something as favorite should either move it near the top of the list or, my preference, the favorites "tag" should have ALL your favorite threads from BOTH categories, guild and social, rather than having a separate favorites section for each tab.

Thanks for the update and the new features! It came with a few kinks but I like the concept and think we're headed the right direction!