• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Newest world

DaCoconutLord

I just started playing again after a long while (created this new account) and I was wondering. Probably best to start in the newest world. But there isn't a list to be found anywhere about the creation dates of the FoE worlds. Where can I find this?

CaptainKirk1234

I just started playing again after a long while (created this new account) and I was wondering. Probably best to start in the newest world. But there isn't a list to be found anywhere about the creation dates of the FoE worlds. Where can I find this?
The worlds are alpahabeticly named, Arvahall was the first, then Brisgard, Cirgard, and so on to Zorksog, I think it started over again with ankor, and then Birka. So to answer your qeustion the newest world is Birka, started like 6 months ago. May I advise that just because a world is new, and a player is new doesn't mean they will both compliment each other, I think the best thing would either actually be the oldest ones, the reason is a lot of new features have been added to the game and you will want to learn and experience them the best, the way to do that is in a good guild, they are less developed in new worlds, also the Great Buildings are lower so it will be harder to get prints for them. It will also be neccesary when you want to get a really goods expensive Great Building to buy it with forge points, that will be almost double the price in new worlds. I personally play in cirgard, this is the 3rd us server, I also play in Uceria, which is a little less developed, and lets say I prefer cirgard by far.

Best of luck
-Kirk

Algona

That makes the rest of your advice rather useless.

Disagreed.

The difference for new players and new cities of having generous benefactors is decisive.

Anything that increases the odds of finding those benefactors is good advice.

CaptainKirk is correct to suggest older worlds to increase that chance.

Older worlds, more players with more FPs and Goods to sell cheap or give to new players because the older worlds have had more time to reach higher saturation of powered Arcs and the consequent glut of other powered GBS that provide the surfeit of Goods and FPs that allow established players to be generous with new players.

This will change over the next year to 18 months though as the effects of GBG bring even the most recently established worlds up to relative parity as far as overall developement.

But for now new cities have a better chance of finding a generous benefactor on older worlds.

Unless of course you pick a world with an advanced player you know who is already there. :D

Agent327

The difference for new players and new cities of having generous benefactors is decisive.

And that is something you don't know to start with. Any world you pick will be a gamble.

If Birka was 6 months old it could have been different. It is however 16 months old and already has 750 players with a Arc lvl 80 or higher.

Algona

...750 players with a Arc lvl 80 or higher.

Meaningless until compared to the number and how long the powered Arcs and the number of other powered GBs in other Worlds.

You don't need to do all the worlds. You'll find the first three along with three in the middle and the newest three to be quite illustrative.

Other powered GBs are a direct result of the number of powered Arcs and how long those Arcs have been powered. More important the powered GBs are the primary cause of the affluence of FPs and Goods that allow more players to be generous.

16 months old

Yup and you'll see there is a quantitative difference in the GB lvls between Birka and the older worlds when you look at the first, middle. and newest three Worlds.

Then you'll understand why I put in the caveat about this holding true for the next year to 18 months.

And that is something you don't know to start with. Any world you pick will be a gamble.

Yes, that is what I said.

Which is exactly why CaptainKirk is right to advise picking the older worlds and to find a good Guild: To increase the chances to find such a person.

Algona

fFixed.

The data still shows the newest few worlds are still substantially behind in player development.

everybody has a theory

You chose to dispute CaptainKirk's point.

You refuse to look at the data even though you demonstrated how easy the data is to get.

The evidence is clear, the conclusion inevitable.

You dismissing it as 'theory' doesn't change that you were wrong, just means you are wrong a second time.

nobody asked him what his intentions are and how he wants to play.
When did you ask him?

Nice pivot away from discussing you being wrong about CaptainKirk's advice to trying to imply that that there is something wrong with offering unsolicited advice to inexperienced players.

Is that your personal viewpoint, an unannounced change in forum policy, or you resorting to your old trick of disruption through distraction?