• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Halloween Event 2022 Feedback

Dursland

Well now I'm sad. I used the joker sticker and it put a picture of the joker instead of revealing what that day's sticker actually was.

I was enjoying the artwork. We need a screenshot at end of event with a fully decked calendar and no jokers, or for a few people to post theirs and we get some overlap in seeing all the stickers.

michelelyons

I think they mis-timed the start of this event. It used to be that you would be finishing the event---and getting the grand prize---just about the day of Halloween. That sort of added to the excitement of the event, getting your Halloween "treat" just at the right time. But we will still be playing this event til right before Thanksgiving! Kind of reduces the interest for me. Also, did everyone notice that instead of ten upgrades we now need twelve? A lot of players are losing interest in the Special Events due to the constantly increasing cost and time demands, and the poorness of the rewards. Like the "temporary buildings" that expire? I have no interest in getting anything like that, or in having it in my city. Last year's Halloween event was a bust, and this year's is not much better. Not sure I will continue playing til the end.

Dursland

I think they mis-timed the start of this event. It used to be that you would be finishing the event---and getting the grand prize---just about the day of Halloween. That sort of added to the excitement of the event, getting your Halloween "treat" just at the right time. But we will still be playing this event til right before Thanksgiving! Kind of reduces the interest for me. Also, did everyone notice that instead of ten upgrades we now need twelve? A lot of players are losing interest in the Special Events due to the constantly increasing cost and time demands, and the poorness of the rewards. Like the "temporary buildings" that expire? I have no interest in getting anything like that, or in having it in my city. Last year's Halloween event was a bust, and this year's is not much better. Not sure I will continue playing til the end.
If they had started this so it timed out to end at Halloween it would have been too soon after Fall Event and left us with a long wait until Winter Event.

As for the upgrades, you get two from the calendar and two from questlines. Makes the rest doable pick-ups through grand prizes.

Buildings are getting better all the time in what they give, it only stands to reason they'd be more difficult to win and require more upgrades.

The limited time buildings are mostly for the people spending diamonds and I'm honestly glad they aren't making those buildings too overpowered, it would be really unfair if diamond players could get a permanent forge fountain or 50% tower.

Pericles the Lion

Not true. All of the Halloween Events have ended after 10/31. As early as 2Nov, as late as 17Nov.

LoveNkind

You're not going to complete the calendar for free. Don't try to.
I am pretty sure I am going to complete the calendar for free in both my two worlds. I am on track so far. You do have to be careful not to rush ahead too fast because the event currencies slow down after the initial rush.

LoveNkind

If they had started this so it timed out to end at Halloween it would have been too soon after Fall Event and left us with a long wait until Winter Event.

As for the upgrades, you get two from the calendar and two from questlines. Makes the rest doable pick-ups through grand prizes.

Buildings are getting better all the time in what they give, it only stands to reason they'd be more difficult to win and require more upgrades.

The limited time buildings are mostly for the people spending diamonds and I'm honestly glad they aren't making those buildings too overpowered, it would be really unfair if diamond players could get a permanent forge fountain or 50% tower.
I got that 50% Tower as a change of daily special one day and I won three of them. They are just like the 10% and 20% attack bonus items. They last a whole day, and you use them when you really really need a big attack boost.

LoveNkind

Yo
No the tower is already planted in city...yesterday it was active giving 50% attack boost. Today its now just a happiness monument giving 250% happiness.
u scared me. I had to check my inventory in my 3 tower world. All three are there, safe and snug and waiting for me to activate one exactly when I want it. Very valuable item.

LoveNkind

How do you use a joker sticker? I click on it and it does nothing. Do I have to miss a day first?
When you click on a Calendar icon, it automatically goes to the daily Calendar. It goes into today's spot if there is none there already. Otherwise it turns into a joker sticker and gets added at bottom right. Wise not to use them till near the end so you can choose which slots to open if you need to.

UBERhelp1

I am pretty sure I am going to complete the calendar for free in both my two worlds. I am on track so far. You do have to be careful not to rush ahead too fast because the event currencies slow down after the initial rush.
When you click on a Calendar icon, it automatically goes to the daily Calendar. It goes into today's spot if there is none there already. Otherwise it turns into a joker sticker and gets added at bottom right. Wise not to use them till near the end so you can choose which slots to open if you need to.
You can reply to multiple posts at once. Also, if you are going for the calendar reward, you're using a lot of currency that could be used towards daily specials. Unless you're going for a second event building or really want the avatar, daily specials are probably a better value.

Dursland

It is wiser to save the jokers but I'm doing well so far and wanted to be able to skip today's bad special. Will be able to skip tomorrow's as well if needed since I have a sticker uncovered and waiting.

You can reply to multiple posts at once. Also, if you are going for the calendar reward, you're using a lot of currency that could be used towards daily specials. Unless you're going for a second event building or really want the avatar, daily specials are probably a better value.

I would agree with you if the chances of winning daily special were better. The calendar is 300fp if you count the haunted tree and I assumed those 2 upgrades would be needed. If I see they're not then it'll give me more freedom to chase pumpkins and toys rather than lightbulbs towards the end.

Kaidi

As soon as I got close to competing 40 quests, I get the come back in 23 hours message…I got that one yesterday. Logged in today and the next quest I can complete is in 11 hours.
Was it 12 hours from the 23 hour message until your login today?

Johnny B. Goode

As soon as I got close to competing 40 quests, I get the come back in 23 hours message…I got that one yesterday. Logged in today and the next quest I can complete is in 11 hours.
The Event Announcement said: "He will provide you with 30 rush quests, and 21 additional daily quests." This means you can do the first 30 rush quests on your own timetable. Meanwhile the 21 daily quests start accumulating from day one. So depending on how fast you do the rush quests, at some point you catch up to the daily quests that have accumulated and have to wait until the next day for the next daily quest. The key word is daily.

Aloysius the Wise

Greetings. Is it possible to break the boxes (red/white striped crates and reddish/purple colored crates) in the event map? If so, please elaborate and don't just say "Yes."

xivarmy

It is wiser to save the jokers but I'm doing well so far and wanted to be able to skip today's bad special. Will be able to skip tomorrow's as well if needed since I have a sticker uncovered and waiting.

I would agree with you if the chances of winning daily special were better. The calendar is 300fp if you count the haunted tree and I assumed those 2 upgrades would be needed. If I see they're not then it'll give me more freedom to chase pumpkins and toys rather than lightbulbs towards the end.
They're not needed unless you're dumping diamonds to go for a 2nd (in which case you absolutely want them)

Even chasing pumpkins they shouldn't be needed if you're efficient at the minigame.

Dursland

Good to know. I'm mainly doing it for the fps. 300 is a lot this early in Dilmun and will get me through 5-6 CA techs when I age up on Tuesday.

Seth260

Hello FoE's developers.!.

I'm so happy because FoE's developers bring back Tactician's Tower and Tacitian's Tower Upgrade Kit in Daily's Special of Halloween event, especially you guys removed them in Wild Life event, Heroes event and Fall event. I and many other people like me, we truly hope you will not remove them anymore in future events. Thank you so much.!.

Regards,
Thank You,
Seth260 - Uceria.