• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Halloween Event 2022 Feedback

xivarmy

Haven't had the best luck on the swap outs myself either, except for sentinel outpost a few days ago. Won a couple so at least I know the dailies are hitting lol. Waiting for Stage of Ages like just about everybody else.

What's funny is, I haven't hit daily special when it's lousy but the one time it's decent (sentinel outpost) I win a couple. That's luck. :) Let's hope it stays when SoA pops up!

I tried so hard for asylum pieces - blasted through all the rush quests. spent all my tickets. and came out with only 5 :( Still built, because new world and it's better than not having it, but grrrr. That's been my luck so far on Dilmun on a lot of fronts though.

But yea, I'll have a few ticket sets built back up by time stage of ages rolls around - hopefully it goes better.

Dursland

Anybody able to share a screenshot of their calendar so I can see what the stickers were on the day I used jokers? I enjoy the images! My favorite so far is the eyeball in the jar.

1z9x8DX.jpg

Look again. We get the Level 1 plus 2 upgrades from the Questline and need to collect 9 more upgrades from the mini-game. 340 lightbulbs gets the 9th.
You are correct, but my point is that, to have a max level building BEFORE the completion of the event - the second questline upgrade and calendar rewards are time gated - you have to collect the second base building and then be able to get another upgrade. I know that the calendar gives the 2 upgrades, and we get the other two from the questline. Simply that, getting a second base building before the opportunity to have a max level first building is rather odd.

Events usually make it so Grand Prizes for the first acquired building factor in the Questline rewards.
Halloween and Archaeology events are both really good in terms of being able to easily complete the quests, clearing the map, gaining calendar pieces, etc. You get an entire set of tools every other day, essentially, and if played right, leave the jokers on the board and can pick it up the following day to clear the calendar. Some of the other events *cough* Fall Event *cough* are very difficult to complete as there are too many moving pieces to be able to advance through the tables. It's just those time-gated parts that hold me back ;)

Dursland

I thought Fall Event was pretty good. I won daily special over 20 times, got a full sunflower press, and luckily ended up using every single ingredient so nothing was wasted.

What's bad is the St Patrick's day event. Mindless resource moving. At least they got rid of the Mardi Gras event, that one was even worse. Maybe one day they will change the St Patrick's too, we can hope! Not a big fan of the soccer or spring events either but they're alright.

Love Fall Event, Halloween, and Winter Event - those are the best. And the random Archaeology one like you said, which is basically a copy of Halloween.

Edit: Forgot about Summer event, that one is good too. I like sniping the wheel lol.

Dursland

Strange how they did incidents, at least for me. First couple days I was getting 20 tickets, 5 tickets, etc. Then suddenly I get 100 tickets twice. After that it's been almost nothing. I think 5 tickets once - been like nearly a week now.

Did anybody else have similar experiences? Ended up being like 250ish tickets altogether from incidents so no complaints - much better than Fall Event - but it's odd it came in such big bursts like that.

Dursland

Are there no Graveyard Fragments from the toys this year? I need 3 more to upgrade to a Necropolis and was looking forward to finishing it. I hovered over all of the toys and none of them give Graveyard Fragments anymore. However, I hovered over all of the toys and it says both Kevin and Mr. Tickles give goods. Is that right? Looking over past events, Mr. Tickles position always gave 3 Graveyard Fragments (even when they were using books). Where are we supposed to get Graveyard Fragments now?
Just FYI graveyard upgrade is available in 'buy now' auction dealer for 6,480 coins and 15 gems. It's up for me right now in Vingrid. Thought you'd like to know what it costs. Hopefully you can catch it on yours!

CDmark

I want to re-suggest that "temporary" buildings (the moniker given to buildings that deliver an initial and limited prize that actually expires, then delivers a weak value ongoing residual - like happiness) in the premium line don't create a strong enough value proposition for hard diamond purchases, or ongoing value for me, or other users I've talked to.

Once again, I will suggest that a better strategy here for you, Inno, is to offer that type of building but, through some additional venue, allow it to be recharged with it's initial value again by using a RECHARGE kit for it.

Users can obtain a recharge kit via the normal ways we obtain things: purchase them outright for diamonds, win them (or their fragments, since that's an increasingly visible way many items seem to be going these days in the game) in the Daily Challenge, GE, or GbG, or, incidents, or, or, or....
If you do fragments, make them generic, can be applied to any of the time expired buildings.

Dursland

Does anyone know if the 200fps from calendar goes to bar, or is it given to us in a package inventory item like league rewards?

CDmark

This event is going as I expected. Last year, I got caught up on questing fast and I missed the easy day 1 sticker (still completed calendar). This year I got it. Right now, I have gotten each daily sticker and I am 11/5 for the jokers. I work the DC everyday. I plan to get 15/5 which will give me 3 free stickers. So, the last 3 days I can take it easy OR if given a good daily special like HoH, I can go for pumpkins. HoH has been given already, it was seen in beta once. Now, we never can rely on beta data so I am hoping to get it as an alternate.

The goods given from the toys are great and worth the time and resources. I liked this change, gave my L92 CF additional value. Some changes people like but others dont, like the graveyard fragments getting removed.

I see 2 ways to play this event, calendar versus specials. I take the calendar approach which means I have to move each day until the sticker is exposed for the next day. If I dont have a good daily or alternate, I can wait to move and do a longer run the next day, MAYBE the specials are better. The specials approach some have posted earlier esp for the HoH. They spent all their tickets at one time. Nothing wrong with that approach too, just depends on how you want to play the event. The HoH is a nice building.

In X world, I have completed 42 toys (x25 = 1050 tickets), completed 2 collectors rewards (better than 2 large purchases) and I am 1 betty lou away from a 3rd collectors reward. I have 1829 tickets left.
In G world, I have completed 27 toys (x25 = 675 tickets), but I am one chimp away from getting my first collectors reward. I have 2294 tickets left.

I think I will get the chimp in G, it seems from our guild thread on the event, most all have gotten the collectors reward. I think years past it was harder to get the complete set. I have no proof here just an observation from players input (less complaining..lol).

Tickets from incidents, I have seen the 100 ticket. My guess, if you collect them all the time, you should get close to 1 large purchase (395 tickets). I dont track this anymore, too may toys to play with...lol. I think for each event, lets say soccer event as an example, you would get enough energy drinks from incidents, to complete one field. No data here but in the past when I did track it, it was close.

Lastly, the event building is a good one, 50% FP/tile and attack, prev goods and "finish all supply" fragments, all useful items, no medals or city attack/defense.

I still dont know where to use the orb but I saw a post earlier where the top part was unknown and it would have taken lots of candles/lanterns maybe flashlights to find out. So, thanks for that post, now I have a better idea when to use it.

Dursland

I still dont know where to use the orb but I saw a post earlier where the top part was unknown and it would have taken lots of candles/lanterns maybe flashlights to find out. So, thanks for that post, now I have a better idea when to use it.
That was me, I went ahead and used the orb this morning. It uncovered 2 lightbulbs and a pumpkin. Was much better to see them than waste all the ingredients searching.

Be Chuille

This event has been disappointing. The daily prizes and swapped prizes are rarely anything useful. When there is something useful, it seems that pumpkins are rare. When you do get a pumpkin, the reward is almost always something useless.

MKPapa

Daily specials are mostly crap, and when this is the case I just try to get the calendar sticker with available tools, and postpone till the next day.

LoveNkind

You can reply to multiple posts at once. Also, if you are going for the calendar reward, you're using a lot of currency that could be used towards daily specials. Unless you're going for a second event building or really want the avatar, daily specials are probably a better value.
I only value few of the daily specials all that much. I have left some pumpkins uncovered rather than spend a candle on them. Most event buildings are only worth constructing if you get all the upgrades (or are new. New accounts often benefit with the base building alone). This one could be considered with 11 pieces, but I want 12. I am doing well, with a complete toy set in each of my two cities, all stickers so far in one, and missed two with 16 jokers in the other. One of the things I am doing besides playing too much is skipping some dark spots where there is only one to uncover. You don't have to get all of them. Often a tool is better invested moving forward. And for now, I tend to stop for the day when I have the day's sticker up and a second one is uncovered.

LoveNkind

Tha
Any City defense is waste of energy and space. Newer players may think they are valuable, but they are not. Eventually yo may wake up and realize this. Took me at least a year to realize it. LOL
That depends on your play style. I am almost never attacked anyway. City defense is completely useless in my iron age city--but I work very hard to raise defense in my Progressive Age City so I can finish higher in PvP.
In some games there is major value in stealing cities or items from other players, but you usually don't get much plunder in FoE. Sometimes you can collect on an event building--but even that is not worth it for me because it upsets the other player, who is usually smaller than me, and some players take it to heart.

LoveNkind

I just dont want to produce more and more goods and forgepoints for plunderers. Being plunder everyday, day after day by not just 1 person but even 10 or more people, I'm done with that. Anyway, thank you for your advice.!.
I think you should pm each of these pests to find out why they are attacking.
I am not getting bothered.

Dursland

Update on the incidents thing I posted earlier, seems the drought has ended. Got 100 tickets yesterday then today a 20 and a 5.
This event has been disappointing. The daily prizes and swapped prizes are rarely anything useful. When there is something useful, it seems that pumpkins are rare. When you do get a pumpkin, the reward is almost always something useless.
Stage of Ages should be coming up still, probably the best special in this event. I've had a few people say they successfully got it on a swap as well.
That depends on your play style. I am almost never attacked anyway. City defense is completely useless in my iron age city--but I work very hard to raise defense in my Progressive Age City so I can finish higher in PvP.
Why does it matter to finish higher in PvP? Rewards for the top 50 (minus top 3) are the same, and it's the same for 51-500 as well. Seems pointless to put in effort beyond getting the fp chests and weekly rewards.

And the increase from #51-500 to top 50 reward is only 2 extra rogues in one of the reward slots and an extra 30 diamonds in another. Unless you're top 3 maintaining your rank doesn't seem to matter.