• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Winter Event 2022 Feedback

Dursland

Can anyone post a pic of the full opened calendar so far so I know which keys I want to open?
1 3 Fragments of Shrine of Knowledge
2 2 Blueprints
3 15 Forge Points
4 One Up Kit
5 Boost Crate
6 Winter Deco Selection Kit
7 6h Mass Supply Rush
8 25 Goods
9 3 Fragments of Wishing Well Shrink Kit
10 Production Building
11 15 Forge Points
12 5% Attack Boost
13 Extra Large Medals
14 Rogue
15 3 Fragments of Shrine of Knowledge
16 100% Supply Boost
17 Mass Self-Aid Kit
18 25 Goods
19 8h Mass Coin Rush
20 1 Observatory Blueprint
21 30% Defender Boost
22 Decoration
23 3 Fragments of Wishing Well Shrink Kit
24 20 Forge Points
25 6h Mass Supply Rush
26 Store Building
27 Winter Deco Selection Kit
28 2 Blueprints
29 3 Fragments of Wishing Well
30 Champion
31 Extra Large Medals
32 25 Goods

Dursland

I opened the one up kit, the 3 forge points, and the 2 medal ones myself. Got 1 key left, will probably go for 3 fragments of SoK or WW, whichever one gets me closer to selling it in AD. Rest of prizes not really worth opening.

I only have the option to pay cash for the additional, premium, winter prizes.

Had it been available for diamonds, I’d have spent them as I’ve a decent shot at a 2nd full event building.

I buy some diamonds on a regular basis, and expect to be able to use diamonds, and only diamonds, for any and all premium purchases in the game. But I won't pay cash for a premium prize.

This move to cash payments quite substantially reduces the value of the diamonds I already purchased, as their value (to me) is for the occasional splurge on a premium prize.

I’d much rather have Inno offer both cash and diamond payment options.

If this trend for cash payments for prizes continues, at least for me, there will be little motivation to buy diamond packages as they’ll likely keep losing ever more value over time as more and more premium prizes shift to cash payment only.

Mor-Rioghain

Overall I am rather pleased with my take on this event. I have 6 cities and was able to acquire a fully realised event building in all but 1 city having purchased on 1 of the Winter Event Track packages and earning virtually all of my stars through completing the questlines. My overall expenditure (out of pocket) was 15.99 USD + 1-19.99 USD diamond bundle for my main city (netting me a small number of stars w/the purchase). The truth is that my $ expenditure didn't really add anything to my acquisition of the Event Building or even to add to the number of stars, it only enabled me to top off my Chocolatry 3 days before the end of the event. (It wasn't even necessary to purchase the extra diamond bundle, I only took advantage of it during the event because I was 'ready' to buy more diamonds anyway, the event currency was just a 'bonus' to me).

The one 'cloud on my horizon' was that 1 of 6 L10 Factories -- and that had nothing at all to do with the choice of diamonds/real dollars for a special track set of prizes: I just had rotton luck on the matchsticks in that city.

IMO, the developer didn't really change anything that had any meaning to what most people are trying to acquire, the fully realized event building. They certainly put up enough lead time to let us know that the Prize Track would require an in-game purchase. They haven't done a single thing to dissuade me or discourage me from future purchases but having said that, I have to admit that based on my experience in this particular event, I'd give more thought to the purchase of it in any city outside of my main due to the lackluster rewards offered. So, it's just that I didn't care for the rewards when it comes right down to it. To each his own as they say.

Ironrooster

I liked this event. It's pretty easy to play and the event building is pretty good.

I caught a sale on diamonds and bought 13500 for $49.99 and the Winter Prize line for $14.99. I already had 12500 diamonds. All of this enabled me to get 5 fully leveled up event buildings and 7 Nutcrackers in my main city.

My other 7 cities each got one fully leveled event building without spending any diamonds. In the end I had between 16 and 55 more matches than was needed for each one.

I don't really worry too much about the daily specials in this event. The structure of the event does not allow for loading up on them. I play for a few when it fits within my strategy for getting the event building, but otherwise ignore them.

Because I was spending so many diamonds in my main city, I completed the calendar there. My other cities I just used fragments to get a few of the prizes.

UP ONLINE

LOL the prizes sucks, only if their good enough will we pay 2995 Diamonds to claim them
or A lot better than the Second prizes to pay $$$ to unlock them
If it was great prizes you were offering YOU WOULD MAKE A BOAT LOAD OF MONEY

Last edited:

Dursland

Didn't plan on it but got a 2nd canal going for 4th ketebo (also unplanned). It's funny, I am at 7 stars and 19/20 on matches lol. Gonna have to hope an incident pops up or I'm out another 120 diamonds to claim the renovation kit I want in prize line.

Will end up with 5 kits/upgrades for next year's chocolatery so maybe can pick up a couple instead of just one more. That'll be nice, already looking forward to it. :)

Edit: Glad next event's building is attack boost, bit unbalanced on the attacker's defense now haha. But no complaints, will be put to good use.

Edit2; Got my free chocolatery in the other world. It wasn't as close as I thought, had good luck on matchsticks. Ended up going to 17/20 on next prize. Great event, ready for next!

Last edited:

Mor-Rioghain

I have to admit to being a bit surprised that so many people I've talked to and comments seen on here that the Ted's factory is equally or even more popular than Ketobo. I've found that the ATTK-D is so much harder to address! I simply have had the worst possible luck on my main in getting SOs, for instance, about 1/2 of what I have on either of the other two more well-developed cities in terms of age of play, era, and general-use GBs/military GBs. I've focused on military and advanced tactics on my main but just have crud luck on getting the SO's especially and even the final levels on some older event items addressing attk-d, i.e., House of the Wolf. It's beyond frustrating and maybe I've been too focused on it but I have to ask, why? Why the interest for advanced players? What am I missing?

Mor-Rioghain

The nutcrackers are heavier in attack defense by 2 in SAJM. This will offset the lower attack defense of the Ted so it won’t have to be removed when the nutcrackers start taking up space. They will naturally balance with the nutcrackers over time. I have 8 factories in Q but some have much more so the nutcrackers will rapidly multiply. I get a new one every 6 days approx.
Ah, thank you. I knew I "missed" something. My main is in FE and very likely will not change for ... years, maybe! lol My most advanced era is AF (just recently moved into it) and I don't see myself getting to SAJM or whatever is current when I progress that city @ a faster rate than my main. (I've been reluctant to launch it into the higher eras due largely to most recent changes in my RL schedule and inability to play regularly for more than a year now. I want to move up eventually but am in no hurry to do so lest I bog myself down in techs, new units, less fight punch, etc., while I rebuild my units, resources, and of course, event items I've virtually missed out on for nearly a year!) I'll have to go over the statistics again - soon! - to reeavaluate putting down a Ted's, I suppose. Those guardhouses are a gem but I do wonder where on Earth I'm supposed to find the room! SMH, parking in FE can really be frustrating at times! lol

Mor-Rioghain

FE is the favorite parking era of many so it has a lot of really strong players in it. I stayed for about 8 mounts and loved it. I took a little over 3 years to get to SAJM and in retro could have gone slower but I am happy with how I am positioned now.
Everyone told me as much and ... I've been in FE for about 3 years on my main! LOL It's not easy to admit that I'll probably stay longer but I did have to take that 10 month period away from daily play and even had months go by without logging on at all. I know my pace seems slow but I want to be sure I'm ready for the challenge I feel is looming on the fighting. I suppose I don't feel so bad when I consider that those 3 years is really only about 2 when I take my break into consideration! ;p Bottom line is that even now I realize how much my poor main city has suffered for trying to run 3 big cities for over 3 years! Part of that break was to dial back my day-to-activity on those first two cities to just collecting, leveling GBs, and chit-chatting with old friends while being solo. It's worked and I feel less stressed out and more able to give my main the attention it needs in a million ways, including the acquisition of the premium event buildings offering attack, etc. to address the needs that went unanswered for so long. It's shaping up nicely and as I'm told that SAM is the next best 'fighting' era, I guess I'm trying to get all this Military GB leveling muck out of the way before I venture down that long slog thru AF, OF, VF until I can just -- lay down and sleep before attempting SAM! lol

I fear that the special goods will be the undoing of me. I have already acquired a more than unhealthy dislike of a certain Arctic Harbor to be found in my 2nd city! <grumble, grumble> The thought of holographs, waterways, and mining colonies just isn't doing the trick for me as soon as I realize that we're talking about just another version of that blasted harbor!

CDmark

I did like the event. I do have an upgrade. Since I had to pay the $15 to get the bonus track, you could add an auto tree lighting feature. So, if I had, for example, 380 matches, click auto collect (like Aid All) and then post the results. I think it would have been a nice feature, could apply to other events too, Summer and the compass comes to mind.

Ebeondi Asi

I was going to stay in FE (well over a year ago now..) but one of my Guilds leaders asked everyone to move up.. So i moved up in all three Worlds, and I have to say SAJM is way way way better than FE.
As for this event? I passed on it. i did not bother to work the quests for it. The Events are all lacking in prizes that I would find worthwhile. If i did then all i would be doing is trading one equal building for some other.. And sadly from Beta info, the next Event will be another one I will skip. I do not mind. My cities are packed full with the best Event buildings already. So I am letting a lot of other players catch up.
I feel I am not paying my dues to Inno of late for such a great game to play, In the other side Inno is not bothering to give players like me anything worth chasing in any events. I hope they decide to have at least a few new Event buldings I can lust for in the future.

Zatrikon

Two worlds, played the event in both. 22/32 calendar doors unlocked in each. About the same as in previous years.

Mor-Rioghain

I retract my earlier statement of "somewhat" pleased and stick with pleased. I don't know how I missed my 1 city that I thought wasn't going to get the final level of the Ketebo but I received it after logging into the game on that world after the event had concluded. Net gain: 6 cities=6 Ketobos, no calander rewards gained, and loads of goodies from basic questing lines + 1 purchased upper event track in my main. Money & time well spent.

Dursland

Tomorrow is a milestone day - I get to assemble my first nutcracker guardhouse from collected fragments. That went by quick! Once I added the 3rd and 4th chocolateries it really snowballed.

Aside from the calendar this was a good event. Now we need announcement for next one so I can start planning on at least 3 more buildings added to city.

Xenosaur

Not to spoil, but right now it might be hard to get the main building for free, or without spending nearly 500 diamonds.

Yes, since most people seeking this event prize will use the progress coach method to achieve more touchdowns, which is free. However, that won't ice the deal for you.

Players will need 2 coaches running concurrently when they spend their footballs (progress coach and league coach method), and the only way to get that is by buying the ultimate coach.

Last year the Ultimate Coach costs 150 diamonds, as it also did in the 2023 Forge Bowl beta event.

So Happy New Year, FoE players - for Forge Bowl 2023 about to go live soon - it will be 475 diamonds (up from 150 for the last few years).

Price of gaming here is going up, eh?

Last edited:
Depends how many chocolate factories you have :) At 3 fragments a day that's 1095 fragments a year. So ~5 nutcrackers per year per chocolate factory. If you went out and got 20 chocolate factories you could be full-willy-wonka within a year.

15 nutcrackers is kinda a key point because it removes all need to receive aid (your mass aid of the nutcrackers will generate a mass aid daily at that point).
You also can double to 6 if you collect with BG!

Last edited: