• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for Guild Expedition.. Level 5

qaccy

1) You didn't answer my question about GE rewards, which you say look EXACTLY the same. 2)INNO nerfing rewards! IMO both are related!
Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, apparently. I was never talking about GE prizes when I questioned you. I was talking about anniversary prizes. You know, the things you said yourself that you weren't going to buy now, because GE got nerfed. I asked you how GE being nerfed made the anniversary prizes not worth paying for now, since that's what you yourself said. Do you have an answer to that, the question I originally asked you in the first place and have been repeating this whole time?

matr

All the GE5 enemy boosts are posted in that wiki I believe is not allowed to mention here. They have the boosts by era and they are definitely age dependent. 1st and 2nd quarter the boost ramp is gradual, by the middle of the 3rd quarter the ramp goes exponential, the last few fights are crazy high. Doesn't mean that a city with a decent city defense couldn't complete a sizable amount of L5 then nego the last part, just like I did when I started the game and couldn't complete GE 3 much less 4. I don't intend on replacing any attack buildings with city def ones unless the new buildings gives at least as much attack. Both the phantom and panda do this. I'm more concerned that there is such a frenzy of negativity that the guild plans to not open GE5 and instead save the the goods for the much beloved GBG. This means I won't even have the chance to play GE 5.
Thus, if anything the guild cost to open GE5 needs to be much less so guild leaders open it for guild members to at least attempt. I don't expect to be able to complete it every week but I do expect to improve over time and to gradually get better. If leaders don't open it, no one can even try it.
FYI: the wiki has everything about GE5 under "Guild Expeditions" page. Has enemy for each encounter, enemy boost per age/encounter, prizes for each engagement, info on the boost options per engagement and the new buildings. Just search google for "guild expedition forge of empires wiki".
Costs for unlocking GE5 are 4 times more than level 4 while every other level was only 2 times as much as the previous. Costs and can be found in the inno wiki here:

matr

"New" Greater Ritual Flame 7% city defender -attack boost
"Old" ritual flame 8% city defender- defense boost, level 2 has 12% city defender- defense boost. It is unclear to me if the old ritual flame will no longer be a prize to win. GE level 5 announcement is unclear. Still mentions that ritual flame is something to win in GE L2, announces Greater Ritual Flame but doesn't say how to win it. I never know if the poor instructions and information are done on purpose or if the writers of the announcements just don't know how to write an explanation of new game features.
I got 25 frags for Greater Rit Flame, not sure how, if they are from L2 , then the table in the announcement should say "Greater Ritual Flame" instead of "Ritual Flame. " IF the frags are from GE L5 and GRF is a totally new building in ADDITION to the existing rituals flames then the announcement shouldn't say these are completely new versions and you can't upgrade your existing ones. Announcement should just say "there is a new Defender attack boost building called Greater Ritual flame. It is an addition to the existing ritual flame defender defense boost buildings.

Pericles the Lion

"New" Greater Ritual Flame 7% city defender -attack boost
"Old" ritual flame 8% city defender- defense boost, level 2 has 12% city defender- defense boost. It is unclear to me if the old ritual flame will no longer be a prize to win. GE level 5 announcement is unclear. Still mentions that ritual flame is something to win in GE L2, announces Greater Ritual Flame but doesn't say how to win it. I never know if the poor instructions and information are done on purpose or if the writers of the announcements just don't know how to write an explanation of new game features.
I got 25 frags for Greater Rit Flame, not sure how, if they are from L2 , then the table in the announcement should say "Greater Ritual Flame" instead of "Ritual Flame. " IF the frags are from GE L5 and GRF is a totally new building in ADDITION to the existing rituals flames then the announcement shouldn't say these are completely new versions and you can't upgrade your existing ones. Announcement should just say "there is a new Defender attack boost building called Greater Ritual flame. It is an addition to the existing ritual flame defender defense boost buildings.
It is confusing. I might be wrong but I think that Ritual Flames and Ritual Flame upgrade kits can be won on L2. The Greater Ritual Flames can be won on L5. They are different buildings.

CDmark

OK Inno, I am going to not harp on the diamond heist (for a moment) but want to understand the 4X goods cost (versus L4) to guilds.
Players have crazy attack stats, E9 to 16, negotiation costs are crazy. Players will have to use the diamonds made in GE 1-4 to complete negos (lets assume this part). Ok you make adjustments over time. Players do get some good rewards in the end, yada yada.

Back to the guild, what does the guild get? If you tell me that fake trophy, I will laugh. The guild gets nothing but pays 4X. Oops., forgot, the guild gets drama, open or not open? That cost should be reduced at LEAST 50%, Of course top guilds can pay, but 90%+ can not. So you basically exclude these players. I know it can be said, join the top guild but 80 members is the maximum, so once filled, a majority of players will be still not be able to play GE5.

Pericles the Lion

OK Inno, I am going to not harp on the diamond heist (for a moment) but want to understand the 4X goods cost (versus L4) to guilds.
Players have crazy attack stats, E9 to 16, negotiation costs are crazy. Players will have to use the diamonds made in GE 1-4 to complete negos (lets assume this part). Ok you make adjustments over time. Players do get some good rewards in the end, yada yada.

Back to the guild, what does the guild get? If you tell me that fake trophy, I will laugh. The guild gets nothing but pays 4X. Oops., forgot, the guild gets drama, open or not open? That cost should be reduced at LEAST 50%, Of course top guilds can pay, but 90%+ can not. So you basically exclude these players. I know it can be said, join the top guild but 80 members is the maximum, so once filled, a majority of players will be still not be able to play GE5.
The top guilds (L100) got nothing before except the trophy so nothing has changed there. I agree these top guilds will be able to afford the L5 opening costs. The lower level guilds (and I dislike generalizing here) typically do not participate heavily in GbG, or GvG. They just need to require that all players have an Arc. A level 20 Arc (less for low era players) is sufficient to support GE provided the guild doesn't go crazy buying siege camps in GBG.

LoveNkind

PvP defense makes GE5 fun
My little diamond guild will never open GE5 again. That's okay.
My main city just FINISHED GE5. Most of it I did with troops with high defense values I originally made for PvP. You lose PvP points when a rival attacks successfully, so most of us have hundreds of defense points. I completed it with negotiations, which were not too hard for an advanced player who finished most of it with troops.
It was a CHALLENGE, as intended, and increased my enjoyment of FoE.

This GE5 will grow on you if you like PvP. If you like GvG or GBG, then start PvP. You will like it when you get your defenses up to speed and then you will like GE5.

Pericles the Lion

While there has been a lot of chatter about people quitting the game because of Level 5 I find it interesting how many St. Basil's Cathedrals I've seen in Stix-To-Brix threads this week. It would appear that some players are going to make the attempt. :)

JJ597

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, either! If INNO had left GE 1-4 awards similar, leaving diamonds, changing others, while adding GE 5 it would be a different story. My way of letting INNO know that their changes are unacceptable is to not buy the Anniversary reward line.

Mor-Rioghain

I agree with your opinion on most points at least in spirit. GE5 was a nasty surprise package when we were expecting a box of treats. What I do not agree with is your premise about exclusivity. The truth is that ever since L4 was introduced and 100% was not in fact not really 100% is when the exclusivity began not with this most recent addition of L5. All they've done is escalate it to a different height: the climb was already steep.