• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Fellowship Event 2023 Feedback

PJS299

I'm getting Déjà vu.

Is it right to call this the Fellowship Event 2023? It seems more like the St. Patrick's Event. Definitely not an all new event.

Regardless, the buildings look (stats) good enough, and I'm excited about the Heroes Tavern upgrade, even thought it makes it look ugly, and I probably won't be able to get it… It's unfortunate that you have to pay or be in silver league (pay) to get the golden upgrade for the main building this year. Looks like I won't be getting it.

Pericles the Lion

@LeCron, midway through the Fellowship Event on Beta the balancing changed to where it was the same at that used for the 2023 St. Patrick's Day Event. Are you able to say if the Fellowship Event on Live will use the same balancing or if more surprises are in store? Thanks.

Xenosaur

Honestly - I really enjoy SPD mechanics and did well in this even in beta, but in America - this is the height of summertime (July/August). Some will say the "wheels and knobs" of this event's control/mechanic need very little intervention once started, and others will say it's a chronic crying child, that always needs attention.

I know you guys have a business to run, but the adoption for playing this for success - is a big time commitment, and might be better embraced in months that are snowy and cold, where people are not as prone to being distracted by real life thing we do in the summer: being outdoors.

But then again, with global warming effects seeming to be pervasive in 2023, most of the globe is sweltering from heat, so want to be INDOORS, grinding up energy for air conditioning and playing on their internet connected devices.

Just a thought next time to compensate for the opportunity to seek higher event adoption ...move this to a better season :)

UBERhelp1

I probably won't be able to get it… It's unfortunate that you have to pay or be in silver league (pay) to get the golden upgrade for the main building this year. Looks like I won't be getting it.
Why not? You only need to complete 11 towns (one every two days) to get it for free, AND the Legendary Lodge upgrade for free. It's actually better than St. Pat's since you get the full golden upgrades instead of fragments, and those full items are at 300 and 325 progress. Perfectly achievable.

PJS299

Why not? You only need to complete 11 towns (one every two days) to get it for free, AND the Legendary Lodge upgrade for free. It's actually better than St. Pat's since you get the full golden upgrades instead of fragments, and those full items are at 300 and 325 progress. Perfectly achievable.
Oh, cool! I didn't play it on beta, nor watch your/mooingcat's videos, so I had no idea. Does this involve playing 24 hrs a day though?

UBERhelp1

Oh, cool! I didn't play it on beta, nor watch your/mooingcat's videos, so I had no idea. Does this involve playing 24 hrs a day though?
My video is coming out tomorrow, with basically a step-by-step guide with a checklist for completing towns. It doesn't take 24 hours a day, mostly just a 30 minute span at the start of each town, then longer and longer waiting periods to unlock stuff and upgrade buildings. Especially having two days per town, it's not bad at all.

Dursland

Is anybody here planning to go for the jester + smithy strategy and make mass amounts of Sunhaven Palaces?

Hard to believe they won't nerf this somehow if it's being done in beta.

xivarmy

Is anybody here planning to go for the jester + smithy strategy and make mass amounts of Sunhaven Palaces?

Hard to believe they won't nerf this somehow if it's being done in beta.
They did nerf the smithy on beta. At one point it was *60* frags per day :p

As a 1-of building these gold league rewards aren't too unreasonable in their current balance. It takes ~75 productions to pop a palace (44 with a max BG). Every 10 jesters stages can count as one additional smithy if that's what you want to spend your finishes on.

LoveNkind

I'm getting Déjà vu.

Is it right to call this the Fellowship Event 2023? It seems more like the St. Patrick's Event. Definitely not an all new event.

Regardless, the buildings look (stats) good enough, and I'm excited about the Heroes Tavern upgrade, even thought it makes it look ugly, and I probably won't be able to get it… It's unfortunate that you have to pay or be in silver league (pay) to get the golden upgrade for the main building this year. Looks like I won't be getting it.
I agree the game mechanics are repetitious, but I LOVE the greens of the full event buildings.
I have managed to squeak into Silver on occasion as a free player. I hoard diamonds from GE and GBG and WWs and spend a few on events. And read the rules and the feedback thread on watch the player videos on how to win.

Pericles the Lion

They seem to have rattled the sales departments cage this time and actually sent out decent offers before the start. The top 1% is going to be through the roof on this one.
Unlike most of the other events, players can't simply spend a lot of diamonds to buy progress. In this event, progress is determined by the number of completed tasks and completing tasks takes time. The top 1% will have to grind through 19+ towns to land in Gold League. I do agree that a lot of diamonds will get used chasing the Trailside Smithy.

Pericles the Lion

It's the St Pat's mechanic basically. A whale looks at this as what has to be spent and spends it right away. EG the shop aids you buy the amount that you know is going to be asked instead of only when it is a task. All buildings moved to full speed as soon as they are opened. Full set of chests for extra kit and only 26 tasks per city. The last building gets cranked up in speed and production and each city takes about 9 hours like this. Both prize lines of course. I got hit with a 200% 3 days ago and another one today so they must be really pushing them out hard.
I've always done the 12-13 city thing and haven't considered what max upgrades could do. You're saying that taking the managers to Level 5 as each building is opened can finish a city (26 tasks) in 9 hours? That would make progress of 1000 possible. Expensive, but possible. Wow.

xivarmy

It doesn't matter what the very highest person does - it matters what the edge of the top percentile player does.

I expect that to be closer to 21 cities (@ 30+ tasks each). And either way, we'll be able to see pretty early what the pace is to belong in gold, because very few people are going to "whale at the end" to move up unlike most events - this minigame does not favor sudden moves.

So if you start out at close to the best pace you're willing to go at, you can see whether or not that'll be enough - and decide not to spend to keep it up if you won't make it anyways :)

Dursland

I think the A/B testing of the gold pass is extremely unfair, and A/B testing is the reason I quit playing beta (when they did it with daily challenges).

I got the pass myself but I'm seeing posts from those who didn't and it's not a good feeling.

LoveNkind

I think the A/B testing of the gold pass is extremely unfair, and A/B testing is the reason I quit playing beta (when they did it with daily challenges).

I got the pass myself but I'm seeing posts from those who didn't and it's not a good feeling.
The devs promised that there will be no long-term advantage to getting the item.

Dursland

The devs promised that there will be no long-term advantage to getting the item.
That's ridiculous. You basically get an extra Sunhaven Palace, assuming you progress far enough. As good as the building is I'd call that a pretty significant long term advantage.

Not to mention all the Grilling Groves and Legendary Lodge upgrades.

Whoever wrote that must have known they were telling a lie, otherwise they are really ignorant about the game.

Dursland

On a more positive note, I did initially overlook Grilling Grove and Jester's Stage but both will be excellent buildings to add to my city.

My Trees of Vitality are actually in my way now after my city redesign so it will be nice to replace them with Grilling Groves - which are an upgrade in boost per tile, and don't require road!