• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Fellowship Event 2023 Feedback

Savvy187

Took you 4 years of reskinned events to finally skip one? You make it sound like this is a new concept!
The timing is why I am skipping it altogether, not so much free time in the summer. The previous summer event seemed to take this into account, but I guess now they are desperate so, common sense be damned, lol. Also, the christmas event and St. Patty are my least favourite events and now they want me to look at them each twice a year, no thanks.

Karen Isaacsdottir

Please leave your feedback for the Fellowship Event 2023 below.
I notice that there are no hover balloons or whatever you call them in the new mini game, as though people in medieval times could neither read nor write and had to rely on pictures, always fun when a quest/chore is to 'upgrade your X 37 times' and none of the graphics on the playing field have anything to identify them by so you have to guess which is which.

That is a failure to test properly, along with a failure to allow time for proper testing. Was localization that expensive?

Pericles the Lion

I notice that there are no hover balloons or whatever you call them in the new mini game, as though people in medieval times could neither read nor write and had to rely on pictures, always fun when a quest/chore is to 'upgrade your X 37 times' and none of the graphics on the playing field have anything to identify them by so you have to guess which is which. but

That is a failure to test properly, along with a failure to allow time for proper testing. Was localization that expensive?
The pictures are fine for me, but clicking on the manager's icon will bring up a tooltip with the building name.

so, I see that the A/B thing is going in live servers .. a RL friend showed me her extra prize lines ... silver and gold, all I get is silver. not that I planned on paying anyway, but it is strange that not all players have the opportunity to buy both.

Pericles the Lion

so, I see that the A/B thing is going in live servers .. a RL friend showed me her extra prize lines ... silver and gold, all I get is silver. not that I planned on paying anyway, but it is strange that not all players have the opportunity to buy both.
INNO wants to know if the second prize line will result in more revenue (i.e. players buy the 1st prize line, the 2nd prize line AND still spend the same on the main mini-game) or the same revenue (i.e. players move their spending from the main mini-game to the 2nd prize line). It takes an A/B test to find this out.

Dursland

Personally I can say it's going to lead me to spend more on the main game, getting gold pass. I want to maximize what I get out of the prize lines, and since there's no dailies the best way to do that is to go as far as possible in progress.

They left money on the table with this test. Who knows how much.

ItalianCloud

I seem to be caught in the 'Celebration Chest'. I have already gone trough ones set of chest and now on the second set. I can't get back to the actual game. If I can't get out of this expensive loop I'm going to just pass on the Fellowship.

Ebeondi Asi

INNO wants to know if the second prize line will result in more revenue (i.e. players buy the 1st prize line, the 2nd prize line AND still spend the same on the main mini-game) or the same revenue (i.e. players move their spending from the main mini-game to the 2nd prize line). It takes an A/B test to find this out.
If yo buy the Gold prize line the Silver prize line is free.

Dursland

Yes technically it's $15 per prize line, but you get a discount for buying both so it's $25.

Just make sure you buy on desktop instead of mobile, the prices are lower due to app store fees.

Struggling to stay Gold League in Dilmun, so many spenders here. Last I checked gold was 10 ticks above other worlds on average.

Currently at 132.

Pericles the Lion

Yes technically it's $15 per prize line, but you get a discount for buying both so it's $25.

Just make sure you buy on desktop instead of mobile, the prices are lower due to app store fees.

Struggling to stay Gold League in Dilmun, so many spenders here. Last I checked gold was 10 ticks above other worlds on average.

Currently at 132.
T is at 130, S at 124

xivarmy

Currently at 132.
Mostly I've been impressed with just how close the various gold thresholds have been. I would expect for a "normal" event, Dilmun would've been much farther away than < 10% ahead. But since this one (mostly) takes additional time to efficiently use additional spending, it's really quite close.

Also notably, Carthage appears to be pretty low now that it's not-the-newest world. Sampled point on my various worlds:

World​
Gold Cutoff @ 17d, 18h to go​
Arvahall​
129​
Brisgard​
134​
Cirgard​
128​
Dunarsund​
129​
East Nagach​
130​
Fel Dranghyr​
130​
Houndsmoor​
128​
Jaims​
135​
Langendorn​
129​
Ordhrovar​
129​
Parkog​
129​
Qunrir​
130​
Rugnir​
128​
Vingrid​
128​
Xyr​
127​
Yorkton​
131​
Birka​
130​
Carthage​
128​
Dilmun​
138​

Dursland

Nice data, I was comparing with other worlds that had been posted and they were all 10 behind. Thanks for the info!

I put down my first Sunhaven Palace. Spent a few diamonds and finally got ahead on gold league. Hoping the lead holds throughout the event.

xivarmy

Nice data, I was comparing with other worlds that had been posted and they were all 10 behind. Thanks for the info!

I put down my first Sunhaven Palace. Spent a few diamonds and finally got ahead on gold league. Hoping the lead holds throughout the event.
The pace since I started trying to pay attention to it yesterday (on carthage - but all of the worlds seem to be close) seems to be progressing at a rate of ~32 tasks a day - putting the final cutoff somewhere around 700.