• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023

BigQd

Is this going to change how the global guild ranking system works?

Currently this is how the global ranking is scored.

"A guild's prestige consist of the sum of the prestige bonus the guild receives from the guild level + the power of all sectors owned by the guild (GVG) + 18 times the guilds league points (GBG - max 1000). So, to improve your guild's ranking, you will need to increase its level (accumulating power), dominate as much sectors as possible in all GVG maps and participate in the GBG."

Is this going to change in any way, other than perhaps being able to earn more than 18,000 maximum points from gbg?

Last edited:

GypsyWoman

Staying with the same guilds in battlegrounds for 6 seasons will be devastating if teamed with aggressive guilds who take up the whole map. I do not see how something like this solves any issue.

Emberguard

How will that not happen if battling with the same guilds?
You're not battling the same Guilds. It's still changing every two weeks the same way it did prior to the changes

When they said won't change, they meant the system determining opponents is not changing from what you're used to.

When it says championship, that's just extra rewards in diamond league available for the duration of 6 weeks. That's all that means

xivarmy

Are you certain of this based on experience in the beta testing or is it just how you read it? I read the changes in gbg to only add new championship scoring and ranking, but you can click on the icon while in the new gbg scoring window to see the old gbg scoring and ranking based on gvg performances for that season.

I saw no mention of any changes to how the current global scoring and guild ranking system works, other than perhaps now being able to gain more than the maximum 18k points from gbg that has always been in effect.
The front ranking on beta:

1695748926511.png

Press the little trophy in the bottom-left to get:

1695748970723.png

Angry.Blanket

I think my main complaint this is going to kill GvG, I know some don't like it but some don't like any thing in the game so it doesn't seem fair for those to be the ones controlling the direction of the game.
GbG ranking becomes default and the good requirement for GbG will make GvG impossible.

xivarmy

I think my main complaint this is going to kill GvG, I know some don't like it but some don't like any thing in the game so it doesn't seem fair for those to be the ones controlling the direction of the game.
GbG ranking becomes default and the good requirement for GbG will make GvG impossible.
The goods requirement is not significantly different than it is now. There is *1* super-expensive building for your HQ that you will want if competing for #1 (for the victory point bonus) or if you're being stuffed (for attrition reduction next to your HQ) - but for a larger guild this will be little more than noise since you build it once for the entire season - it costs about the same as 25 camps.

The rest of the buildings may cost more than siege camps but also do more than siege camps such that you don't need as many. They are approximately proportionately costed to the amount of siege camps they could replace. So to keep costs about the same you just don't overbuild.

Angry.Blanket

The goods requirement is not significantly different than it is now. There is *1* super-expensive building for your HQ that you will want if competing for #1 (for the victory point bonus) or if you're being stuffed (for attrition reduction next to your HQ) - but for a larger guild this will be little more than noise since you build it once for the entire season - it costs about the same as 25 camps.

The rest of the buildings may cost more than siege camps but also do more than siege camps such that you don't need as many. They are approximately proportionately costed to the amount of siege camps they could replace. So to keep costs about the same you just don't overbuild.
If we are fighting for VP we have to build the most expensive buildings in every available slot now dont we?

xivarmy

If we are fighting for VP we have to build the most expensive buildings in every available slot now dont we?
The most expensive building is HQ-only (the command post fieldcamp).

Whether or not you have to build the most expensive version of the next tier of buildings in every slot I suppose depends on just how competitive the round is - but I doubt you'll need to do that everywhere. (I doubt most rounds will be even close to that competitive).

Last edited:

BigQd

It sounds like the buildings for the base are only good for tiles adjacent to the base, so IMO they don't sound like they will be worth the costs, unless they make those tiles worth more. Tiles around the bases usually suck and no one really even tries to capture them in many cases. I think the base buildings are more for the weaker guilds that have trouble just getting out of their base.

I don't see the larger guilds even bothering with these HQ buildings and the sad thing is the smaller guilds won't be able to afford them, even if they need them. 75k of any good for a building is an insane amount to pay. Even 25k is too much for what limited help they provide.

Last edited:

Emberguard

Depends. How much are you compensating for difference in amount of sectors you own compared to the competition?

If you're working with #2 Guild they won't be wanting to overtake you if you've got an agreement to be #1. So #1 and #2 will likely be swapping in a greater amount of sectors than the #3-8 Guilds anyway. So depending on how much of the map you control you might not need to always build the most expensive options, and you might not need to keep building all the slots once it's clear you've got the lead

If you're fighting with #2 then you won't be swapping and then it'll depend on your ability to fight

Sharmon the Impaler

It sounds like the buildings for the base are only good for tiles adjacent to the base, so IMO they don't sound like they will be worth the costs, unless they make those tiles worth more. Tiles around the bases usually suck and no one really even tries to capture them in many cases. I think the base buildings are more for the weaker guilds that have trouble just getting out of their base.
They also give a lot more VP map wide , many will be planting them to stay competitive.

Ebeondi Asi

The VP boost from the base building is for ALL Sectors. 100% boost for all sectors VP is a major reason to build it for top Guilds

The most expensive slot building .. beside adding VP for that sector also adds to the number of fights needed to conquer it
The effect i would guess wold slow down the four hour swaps giong on previously by a big margin. Mainly due to riunning out of attrition by he main fighters. So ?? there will not be as many swaps. a lot more take and hold indefinitely. ?

xivarmy

It sounds like the buildings for the base are only good for tiles adjacent to the base, so IMO they don't sound like they will be worth the costs, unless they make those tiles worth more. Tiles around the bases usually suck and no one really even tries to capture them in many cases. I think the base buildings are more for the weaker guilds that have trouble just getting out of their base. I don't see the larger guilds even bothering with these buildings.
Attrition reduction is adjacent-only. Important primarily to those being HQed.

VP bonus is map-wide. If you're in a competition for ranking, you want it.

Sharmon the Impaler

The VP boost from the base building is for ALL Sectors. 100% boost for all sectors VP is a major reason to build it for top Guilds

The most expensive slot building .. beside adding VP for that sector also adds to the number of fights needed to conquer it
The effect i would guess wold slow down the four hour swaps giong on previously by a big margin. Mainly due to riunning out of attrition by he main fighters. So ?? there will not be as many swaps. a lot more take and hold indefinitely. ?
Glad someone is paying attention lol. This is exactly what will happen. 4 powerhouse guilds grab the edge sectors and then only swap in the middle. The remaining guilds would not be inclined to take the edge sectors with the big increase in goods requirements and a lot more fighting per sector.

Angry.Blanket

Attrition reduction is adjacent-only. Important primarily to those being HQed.

VP bonus is map-wide. If you're in a competition for #1, you want it.
Not according to the anouncement
Command Post
20-60% chance reduction to gain attrition (only adjacent provinces)
This province requires 5-30% more advances to be conquered
This province generates 15-100% more victory points
2900-7000 goods

Emberguard

Not according to the anouncement
Command Post
20-60% chance reduction to gain attrition (only adjacent provinces)
This province requires 5-30% more advances to be conquered
This province generates 15-100% more victory points
2900-7000 goods
Different building. They mean the HeadQuarters slot.