• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023

Pericles the Lion

The Announcement on the EN server has a banner just above the "Mechanic and Balancing Updates" header saying that the changes are effective this coming Thursday but the Announcement on the US server doesn't. ??

Ebeondi Asi

The opening sign in page now has the official news. yes the new GbG is starting this Thursday
I am happy and pumped to see it. Hope it is a lot of fun.
It certainly will be clearing out a lot of Diamond League Treasuries unless those Guilds double or triple the Treasury Goods donations daily.

All the naysayers and fantasy rage quitters can line up to whine. Not my problem.

Sharmon the Impaler

The "front" ranking will be based exclusively on GBG performance. There's a little button to view guilds by the old ranking that's still based primarily on GvG.
Will the combined effect be any different in the standings ? They said that each will have it's own listing but what happens if you are 1st in GVG but 7th in GBG for instance ? EG guild bonus levels , etc

The opening sign in page now has the official news. yes the new GbG is starting this Thursday
I am happy and pumped to see it. Hope it is a lot of fun.
It certainly will be clearing out a lot of Diamond League Treasuries unless those Guilds double or triple the Treasury Goods donations daily.

All the naysayers and fantasy rage quitters can line up to whine. Not my problem.
Which server are you on?

xivarmy

So there will be two Global Rankings. Do they both provide advantages based on Prestige numbers?
Neither provides advantages. Guild level still provides advantages based on lifetime crowns earned - which are distinct from prestige - only in GvG does daily crowns earned = prestige. But you've been able to earn more crowns per day through other sources since as early as the introduction of the Hall of Fame. And GBG makes more average crowns for your typical guild as well (the top GvG guild may get ~equal from each source).

Will the combined effect be any different in the standings ? They said that each will have it's own listing but what happens if you are 1st in GVG but 7th in GBG for instance ? EG guild bonus levels , etc
Then you are 7th when someone just opens the rankings, and 1st if someone presses the button to view "old" rankings.

Alliric

I am happy for those that are pleased with this latest movement of the goalpost. For me, this is a ghastly direction that will benerfit only a few of the entrenched and already rich guilds and super=players ... For them, I am sure this will be added fun and easy triumphs. For me, this is another change coming too fastt on the heels of the last batch of tweeks - that many stuill have not become used to or familiar with enough to maximize thrit efforts. My Giuildies are still trying to find ways to do just that when you are instituting this complete revamping of the heart of most of their games and fun. My 2 cents, anyway. Thank You. .... oh, and I am not a fantasist or quitter...or new ....been here for years in Lang ...you did ask for feedback. ;-)

Last edited:

Coach Zuck

Imagine not havinq the 75k goods to build the building on your base that gives you 100% more victory points right at the start of the match.. Kicking many of the guilds out of the game before it even started.. Horrible idea. Just because that one iron age player joined you or whatever. And small guilds want it to be more fair, haha good luck with that. Boom now you have to fight 300 encounters to claim a province.

also "A Championship provides new rewards for the whole duration, but does not change who your opponents are"
this will destroy it for many.. Having the same opponent for THREE MONTHS? Seeing one particular guild's name on my server makes my blood curdle even if we demolish them, fighting them for three months or getting the 4 of 5 chance of having a full match of guilds that couldn't even keep up if they had the ability to build full siege camps is ridiculous

Sharmon the Impaler

Imagine not havinq the 75k goods to build the building on your base that gives you 100% more victory points right at the start of the match.. Kicking many of the guilds out of the game before it even started.. Horrible idea. Just because that one iron age player joined you or whatever. And small guilds want it to be more fair, haha good luck with that. Boom now you have to fight 300 encounters to claim a province.

also "A Championship provides new rewards for the whole duration, but does not change who your opponents are"
this will destroy it for many.. Having the same opponent for THREE MONTHS? Seeing one particular guild's name on my server makes my blood curdle even if we demolish them, fighting them for three months or getting the 4 of 5 chance of having a full match of guilds that couldn't even keep up if they had the ability to build full siege camps is ridiculous
Did you not read the announcement ? That is exactly what it says won't happen.

BigQd

The "front" ranking will be based exclusively on GBG performance. There's a little button to view guilds by the old ranking that's still based primarily on GvG.
Are you certain of this based on experience in the beta testing or is it just how you read it? I read the changes in gbg to only add new championship scoring and ranking, but you can click on the icon while in the new gbg scoring window to see the old gbg scoring and ranking based on gvg performances for that season.

I saw no mention of any changes to how the current global scoring and guild ranking system works, other than perhaps now being able to gain more than the maximum 18k points from gbg that has always been in effect.