• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023

Be Chuille

I am usually an optimistic fan of this game, but... I am afraid that this change is not only killing GBG, but the rest of the game.
The less often people log on, the less other things they are doing.

I am not sure what a better solution might have been. Maybe they could have brainstormed a better way of matchmaking guilds, and/or put fewer guilds on the map. But cutting down play time seems like a very bad idea.

And the costs of the new buildings are not sustainable.

Last edited:

Ebeondi Asi

The idea that players are not logging in as much? My Guilds seem pretty normal as before..
I can definitely say Friend aid is not being delivered a small? part of the time. For the past month or so I find I am not getting aided fully, and compared to the previous months where I was getting many extra. (Nothing to aid) notices in Town hall. I weeded my three Cities Friends via the five day town hall, only removing players who aided two (plus no tavern) or less in the five days. However I got back a lot of messages (I send the dropped player a message saying sorry dropping due to low aid) that they aid every day. This was a surprise as I never got such messages before. and surprised at the quantity of them! So i sent a Ticket in, that is sat but I id get messages back! and worked on trying to help them) ,
This is still happening. (more so in one World (R) than my other two now) I do not know what the problem is with aid getting delivered. But is clear to me that some part of the aid delivery system is partially broken. Because I still have plenty of players who I can see aid and tavern every single day. week in week out.
It is really hard to know if it is someone messing around at Inno (since so many things seem to behave is strange and weird ways anyway) or if it is some bit of code that got broken?

honey55

There is an upside. Now if I'm a minute late, there are plenty of fights left on even one tile. No longer do they post free or candy and everyone shows up so you waited around for just a couple fights. Since I'm SAT and changing units most fights no matter what the attrition so am slow, i actually get fights in and have actually been able to go to high attrition most days. I have to fight manually for some fights at high attrition, but since no hurry, actually enjoy the change. Our gbg leadership has been great. This season is not competitive. On the negative, if competitive and needing to fight fast i won't be able to take the time to replace units so will as it stands right now, lose more than i collect. I think I'm staying about the same since i started changing units with more than 1 damage. I kind of wish I'd stayed in Jupiter. Fighting in SAT has been a huge negative.

Be Chuille

The idea that players are not logging in as much? My Guilds seem pretty normal as before..
I can definitely say Friend aid is not being delivered a small? part of the time. For the past month or so I find I am not getting aided fully, and compared to the previous months where I was getting many extra. (Nothing to aid) notices in Town hall. I weeded my three Cities Friends via the five day town hall, only removing players who aided two (plus no tavern) or less in the five days. However I got back a lot of messages (I send the dropped player a message saying sorry dropping due to low aid) that they aid every day. This was a surprise as I never got such messages before. and surprised at the quantity of them! So i sent a Ticket in, that is sat but I id get messages back! and worked on trying to help them) ,
This is still happening. (more so in one World (R) than my other two now) I do not know what the problem is with aid getting delivered. But is clear to me that some part of the aid delivery system is partially broken. Because I still have plenty of players who I can see aid and tavern every single day. week in week out.
It is really hard to know if it is someone messing around at Inno (since so many things seem to behave is strange and weird ways anyway) or if it is some bit of code that got broken?
Friend aiding would not really be affected. People only need to log in once a day to do that.

It seems like some are logging in only once a day now, instead of more often. They hit their max in GBG, then don't log in again until the next day.

I like some things about this update. It does seem to slow down players who usually take the majority of hits. That is good and bad. It is more fair so that others get more hits, but when a rush is needed, the powerful fighters can not pick up the slack because they are burnt out.

I noticed that everything is slowing down. Everything. Guild members do not seem to be logging in as often, so 1.9, trades, Sticks to Bricks, and everything else are slowed down. It seems to be because players are hitting their max attrition, then they just don't log in the rest of the day... I think. We call for fighters to take sectors in GBG, and no one is even on-line.
I agree with you. In my guild, the people that took most of the hits were there because they liked the rush of sectors opening and racing to get thru the open sectors. They were mostly the GBG leaders and leads and we coordinated our times and hits. Now I notice no one wants to sit and hit slower and swap out troops just to hit between 300-400 hits to get thru 1 sector. The people that didn’t do but the bare minimum before are still doing bare minimum even if there are hits available. They like other aspects of the game better and I noticed even they are not coming on as much. . The game is boring. The top Guild is the same guild that was the top guild before and that won’t change The guilds that bounce from 1000 diamond down to 925 diamond are still in the same boat. We are 13th now But that doesn’t matter if the game is slow and boring. Other top active guilds are saying the same thing. I heard someone, another guild leader that didn’t like farming say he missed farming. I don’t know INNo. I think the game in generally done. after all the time and $$$ I and others have spent, you pulled the rug right out from under us. Sad

I had hoped the changes would encourage players to power up. I have been trying to be optimistic and encourage that. But I don't think it is working. Most are just maxing and then they are out.

The game addiction will start to wear off as people are on-line less often, and I think more will fade away.

Even leaders are not needed on-line, when no one else is on-line. As a leader I was on-line in almost all of my free time, to keep things going, and pick up the slack in GBG. The same with our other leaders. Now none of my leaders are on-line as much, and... it gets lonely. LOL
Agree completely

Pericles the Lion

On the two worlds where I play a lot of GBG I am getting fewer battles in the new GBG but I am still getting plenty. Even with the new program, both of my Guilds are comfortably in 2nd place in the Championship (in the past we usually finished 2nd, occasionally 1st). Like me, the top hitters are getting fewer battles but many players that used to be more casual about GBG are fighting more. For me, the best thing is that I'm no longer setting 4 hour alarms. Instead, whenever I log on and want to fight in GBG there are usually sectors available to hit. I find this much more enjoyable.

Xenosaur

Does only the 1st place winner get fragments of the Tower of Champions?
The TOP 3 winning places all get something towards the ToC, but differing amounts, as mentioned. I believe these are correct:

1st place: 3000 frags for a ToC
2nd place 1000 frags for a ToC
3rd place 500 frags for a ToC

Angry.Blanket

All games are basically like this, with a twist. you cant win basketball, you just win the individual games 1 at a time, but you have to spend a lot of time trying to get better/stronger so you can win, but some people will still just shoot hoops and never play the game against other players to win.
If GbG GvG GE was open ended and always running I could see every ones point . but the reason GbG and GvG and GE have time limits is because it is a competition, All the arguments against trying to win are contradictory to Inno's effort to stop the farming.

On the two worlds where I play a lot of GBG I am getting fewer battles in the new GBG but I am still getting plenty. Even with the new program, both of my Guilds are comfortably in 2nd place in the Championship (in the past we usually finished 2nd, occasionally 1st). Like me, the top hitters are getting fewer battles but many players that used to be more casual about GBG are fighting more. For me, the best thing is that I'm no longer setting 4 hour alarms. Instead, whenever I log on and want to fight in GBG there are usually sectors available to hit. I find this much more enjoyable.
Yes, there are more available hits but there is less feeling of working together to get the sectors. That is the feed back I am getting from my guild.

Amitola1

We are a top guild normally a good battle between the top 3 when we meet. Now we are considering strategys for the championship and it looks like the best strategy is to no longer let the smaller guilds on the map when we are having a easy season. In order to maximise VP we need to try to hold all the tiles the entire season, I am thinking this may be how Inno sees this stopping the farming.
I certainly hope this is not true. Although it would certainly make Platinum very interesting have every guild vying to lose vp/hr to remain in Platinum but not drop to Gold. So maybe you have the right idea. Just kick all those slimy (bottom feeding) smaller guilds out of Diamond so they can do the same thing in Platinum. (tongue in cheek).

Last edited:

Amitola1

All games are basically like this, with a twist. you cant win basketball, you just win the individual games 1 at a time, but you have to spend a lot of time trying to get better/stronger so you can win, but some people will still just shoot hoops and never play the game against other players to win.
If GbG GvG GE was open ended and always running I could see every ones point . but the reason GbG and GvG and GE have time limits is because it is a competition, All the arguments against trying to win are contradictory to Inno's effort to stop the farming.
Let's expand your Basketball premise to include Baseball, Football and Hockey. In the 50s, 60s and 70s George Steinbrener was able to BUY a lot of championships with the Yankees. All the major sports leagues then decided to try to create parody mostly by instituting salary caps. For the most part it worked. I think INNO is trying to do the same with FoE by the changes they are making. Based on my above reply to @The Angry Blanket I think they have a long way to go to realize that parody. Parody might come as guilds build up their treasuries, hopefully anyway.

Pericles the Lion

How long has Pericles worked for Inno, he is the only one I know who is getting 80%, all my guild are getting an average
of 66% and all the others on our map who I have asked are dissatisfied with the so called 80% chance
All GBG sectors have at least one building slot. The Fortified Guild Command Post provides a 60% chance of no attrition increase on adjacent provinces. This means that every sector has the potential for a maximum of 40% attrition gain. Regardless of the number of buildings on adjacent sectors, the minimum attrition gain is 20%. So, the range is between 20% and 40% provided the attacking guild has built the requisite number of buildings on adjacent provinces. If you and your guildmates are averaging 66.6% reduction (meaning that you are hitting sectors with 33.3% chance of gaining attrition) then it sounds as though approximately two-thirds of the sectors that you are hitting are 40%, the other third 20%. Certainly doing this is possible but it means that either your guild is not effectively using the building slots or your guild is mostly hitting sectors on the perimeter of the map.

Amitola1

All GBG sectors have at least one building slot. The Fortified Guild Command Post provides a 60% chance of no attrition increase on adjacent provinces. This means that every sector has the potential for a maximum of 40% attrition gain. Regardless of the number of buildings on adjacent sectors, the minimum attrition gain is 20%. So, the range is between 20% and 40% provided the attacking guild has built the requisite number of buildings on adjacent provinces. If you and your guildmates are averaging 66.6% reduction (meaning that you are hitting sectors with 33.3% chance of gaining attrition) then it sounds as though approximately two-thirds of the sectors that you are hitting are 40%, the other third 20%. Certainly doing this is possible but it means that either your guild is not effectively using the building slots or your guild is mostly hitting sectors on the perimeter of the map.
This is correct to a point. If a guild is using Decoys or Traps then it is possible to cause another guild to have over 100% chance of increasing attrition. That's 3 traps at 45% or 135% chance to double attrition. Using @Pericles the Lion above a guild can lower that with buildings of their own so the 135% is probably unattainable but you get the picture.