• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

feedback for Winter event 2023

PJS299

No, it is definitely random. On the main world, it was switched 125 next ages goods, whilst on my other two worlds it was swapped to a Governor's Villa Selection Kit and 250 Next Era Guild Goods respectively. You have just had a little bit of luck fancy you today.
Today and yesterday?

Pericles the Lion

Inno put the START BUTTON (board initial present shuffle execution...) conveniently over 2 present items, which blocks them out completely. I think 1 is a key, but can't be sure. It's maddening the way they make dialog boxes modal and cover up items in events (witness the popdrop mini-game mechanic , which conveniently covers the game board so you can't determine if you want to play on for XX more event currency....), as well as bad controls placement. If it's done on purpose, or if by accident (and approved by dev team leads) - either way - it's really bad software engineering practices.
Maybe the position of the Start Button is a problem on mobile (I don't know) but it's not on browser.

1701598524487.png

Lothar123

[snip] I do find it discouraging though that it doesn't seem to take that long before things lose their value. [snip]
Agreed. The other day I was talking to a knowledgeable and enthusiastic but fairly new player. This player told me that they've never done a settlement, which prompted me to take a look at the Winter Wonderland Pyramid. I noticed that the WWP, when fully upgraded, is comparable to the maxed out Royal Bathhouse from the Egyptian settlement, if not better. I recall that when Inno added settlements to the game they conceded that settlements were a ton of work, but explained that the tradeoff was better prizes than we'd get from events. That's no longer the case, and I regret all the time I spent pushing to get settlement time rewards (many of which I've now removed from my city), if not doing settlements at all.

Last edited:

Xenosaur

Maybe the position of the Start Button is a problem on mobile (I don't know) but it's not on browser.

View attachment 21048

Thanks, @Pericles the Lion - Glad you posted an image - yes, clearly an iOS (iPhone) mobile problem - and maybe Android, too. your image looks more workable, if that's browser.

Here's the matrix of gifts on the iPhone... Now under that more extreme magnification, it DOES look like it resembles a few of the edges of a "key" under the left hand side of the start button. What's on the right side? I have no idea. I suppose it looks like the edges of an FP reward (looking at the 15 FP reward, upper right corner...) but for 10 FP.

I shouldn't have to decipher all this, though. I actually can't - the phone image is too small to see these fine details and the button should be re-placed to a location with nothing underneath it.

start button placement.jpg

Last edited:

Xenosaur

It is done on purpose. Why would anyone think otherwise?

Inno is a multi-million dollar entertainment business. When are its patrons going to wake up and start acting like smart consumers and quit giving them the benefit of the doubt? They may have started "in a garage" <-- I want to roll my eyes at that because its so passe> but they don't hang out in your neighborhood anymore.

It's looking like a "mobile" bug that was "missed" in beta, or born in the live. Not sure, but we just determined it's not in the browser version. So, let's give them (on this one) the benefit of the doubt that this item is "on purpose". When the implementations show difference that one is "correct" and one isn't - it's in the domain of a "platform porting problem".

What is with the contest that we click on in our message box from “Official“ messages?

You click on it, it takes you to Facebook and asks how many presents are there. Then you get a message to Click on the link from “You Winner” as follow:

You Winner
Jerry Last name➤#_Forge_Of_Empires_GiveAway

and it turns out to be a survey site that says you need to register with them, name & phone number, then complete tasks! What the blazes?

Jerry

UBERhelp1

What is with the contest that we click on in our message box from “Official“ messages?

You click on it, it takes you to Facebook and asks how many presents are there. Then you get a message to Click on the link from “You Winner” as follow:

You Winner
Jerry Last name➤#_Forge_Of_Empires_GiveAway

and it turns out to be a survey site that says you need to register with them, name & phone number, then complete tasks! What the blazes?

Jerry
That was a scammer. Their comment seems to have been deleted.

Portia the Benevolent

I’m in silver league, at least a dozen sets of chances for calendar key, and it’s only been in ONE set. Same thing being said on FB. Thanks Inno. So generous.

Now I also just noticed we only get 1 or 2 matches, not 3. Why not just call these mini games “We want you to spend diamonds”?

Last edited:

honey55

If so, it's a self-imposed disadvantage. How much content can be displayed on a 3"x5" screen?
Self-imposed? Not exactly. We don't have internet. Internet cost to much for one person just to play one game. I guess i could quit. In that sense it is self imposed. That would probably be better actually if i could give up the addiction

UBERhelp1

I'll have to spend at least a bit to get 15 nutcrackers lol.
If you spend all your stars on days where the Nutcracker or Epic Winter Kit is available, you should be able to get them for free, especially with the calendar giving a free nutcracker.

PJS299

Right now I have enough aid in each of my cities. My plan is to get the Golden Chocolatery, so by the time I need the nutcrackers, I will have made enough. I hope the epic kit comes at the end of the event.

I play in Beta, and was able to get the maxed Pyramid without buying the Gold/Silver pass lines .. and the gold level is nice, especially for a 4x4 building. I ended up only getting 6 calendar keys, but to me, the calendar is not worth the effort

KeithOfTheForge

Why do most of the winter buildings have huge happiness hits (Future age):

Snow Globe: -10,530
Holiday Spa: -10,530
Nog Emporium: -10,530

Inno wants us to spend money and diamonds on the events but then they punish us with happiness? My Future age city isn't even enthusiastic so putting these down may hurt a bit.

Aren't people usually happy during Winter / Christmas festivals?

Sharmon the Impaler

Why do most of the winter buildings have huge happiness hits (Future age):

Snow Globe: -10,530
Holiday Spa: -10,530
Nog Emporium: -10,530

Inno wants us to spend money and diamonds on the events but then they punish us with happiness? My Future age city isn't even enthusiastic so putting these down may hurt a bit.

Aren't people usually happy during Winter / Christmas festivals?
Except for homeless people and people depressed due to less sunlight in winter usually