• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the GvG shutdown and the Guild Raids

Johnny B. Goode

My goodness, you CAN'T spend on GvG (unless you hit that heal all button, and nobody does that). It's the one feature in FoE that is actually completely FREE.
So you agree with my point that there's no evidence connecting GvG with "big spenders". Good.
"Click auto"? What does that even mean? Perhaps you have never tried GvG, and just parrot what you heard from others?
Sorry, I figured if you were into GvG that you would know that I was referring to auto battle. My bad. And yes, I have done GvG. And I have also paid attention to what is posted in the Forum by players who do GvG.

TotalTrash

So you agree with my point that there's no evidence connecting GvG with "big spenders". Good.
You didn't read my message correctly, or perhaps you didn't understand it. I did NOT say that people are spending on GvG. I said that the guild leaders are the ones doing GvG, and they are usually big spenders in GBG and events. You can easily verify that by checking the cities of the leaders of high-ranking guilds in your worlds.

Hence, my point stands: if Inno upsets the 5% who do GvG with some PvE/settlement garbage that has nothing to do with military strategy, they are bound to lose a lot more than just 5% in profits!

Pericles the Lion

You didn't read my message correctly, or perhaps you didn't understand it. I did NOT say that people are spending on GvG. I said that the guild leaders are the ones doing GvG, and they are usually big spenders in GBG and events. You can easily verify that by checking the cities of the leaders of high-ranking guilds in your worlds.

Hence, my point stands: if Inno upsets the 5% who do GvG with some PvE/settlement garbage that has nothing to do with military strategy, they are bound to lose a lot more than just 5% in profits!
Your point doesn't stand at all. It's based on pure speculation. The impact, on INNO's profits from the elimination of GvG could be positive, negative, or nil. All three possibilities are possible.

Sharmon the Impaler

Perhaps everyone should wait for the new Raids/Quantum Incursions to come out before complaining. Maybe all of you GVG players will like it.
I have seen the beta of it. It is like swapping out a baseketball with a plate of lasagna and calling it a replacement. GVG and Guild Raid Incursions ....whatever other names they want to call it doesn't come close to GVG and it's not even the same style of game. Luckily Inno took the development time to add areas that you can spend in , lucky us !!!

Pericles the Lion

I have seen the beta of it. It is like swapping out a baseketball with a plate of lasagna and calling it a replacement. GVG and Guild Raid Incursions ....whatever other names they want to call it doesn't come close to GVG and it's not even the same style of game. Luckily Inno took the development time to add areas that you can spend in , lucky us !!!
You've seen the beta of what? There are some breadcrumbs in the Beta Spoiler section but nothing is conclusive. A better comparison would be a basketball with a low-rez image that may be lasagna - or it may be strawberry shortcake. There's not enough information, yet, to know what we are looking at.

Johnny B. Goode

You've seen the beta of what? There are some breadcrumbs in the Beta Spoiler section but nothing is conclusive. A better comparison would be a basketball with a low-rez image that may be lasagna - or it may be strawberry shortcake. There's not enough information, yet, to know what we are looking at.
There's enough information to know that it's nothing like GvG at all. Just from the information we have, we can tell it's looking like a mashup of GE/GBG/Settlements/events. Fighting, negotiating, guild involvement, time limit, city building, resource gathering, army training. What haven't they thrown in there? Oh, and there's a third element besides fighting and negotiating that we actually have no clue about. Could be tasks/quests like in an event? Some things we don't know, but we do know it's not GvG or anything like it. Kind of odd to see you feigning ignorance on this when you act like you know pretty much everything about everything else.

Pericles the Lion

There's enough information to know that it's nothing like GvG at all. Just from the information we have, we can tell it's looking like a mashup of GE/GBG/Settlements/events. Fighting, negotiating, guild involvement, time limit, city building, resource gathering, army training. What haven't they thrown in there? Oh, and there's a third element besides fighting and negotiating that we actually have no clue about. Could be tasks/quests like in an event? Some things we don't know, but we do know it's not GvG or anything like it. Kind of odd to see you feigning ignorance on this when you act like you know pretty much everything about everything else.
Okay, you don't know what it is but you know what it isn't. It isn't like GvG. Where was it written that the Quantum Incursion feature was supposed to be like GvG? I missed that notice. I do recall that INNO said it is intended to be the "successor" of GVG. Which does not mean that it was to be "like GvG".

The Lady Redneck

To me it is obvious that they really know nothing about building in a real fight element to the game, But whoever cobbled together the original blurb about this wonderful, new exciting bolt on did not know that. Now the student programmers who they use for free have told the finance dept. they do not know what to do about it. So the money guys changed the name from Guild Raids to Quantum Incursions because they think it sounds cool and will continue to fool folks into believing they are getting something new. And have told the poor stufents who think they are getting real job experience to come up with something that will let them launch the thing. Regardless of how it will play out.

Johnny B. Goode

Okay, you don't know what it is but you know what it isn't. It isn't like GvG. Where was it written that the Quantum Incursion feature was supposed to be like GvG? I missed that notice. I do recall that INNO said it is intended to be the "successor" of GVG. Which does not mean that it was to be "like GvG".
Obfuscating again, huh? You say that we know nothing about the new feature, and when I prove you wrong, you attack a non-point. Classic straw man argument. Pretending that the main point is what Inno's "official word" about the new feature says that it is. The fact is that it is being implemented in conjunction with GvG ending...on purpose. And characterized as the "successor" of GvG. Yet what we do know (unless, of course, they change it) is that it will be almost nothing like GvG. That is clearly evident from the video. So you can quit being the Inno fanboi now, and just bow out of the discussion before you completely destroy your remaining credibility.

UBERhelp1

To me it is obvious that they really know nothing about building in a real fight element to the game, But whoever cobbled together the original blurb about this wonderful, new exciting bolt on did not know that. Now the student programmers who they use for free have told the finance dept. they do not know what to do about it. So the money guys changed the name from Guild Raids to Quantum Incursions because they think it sounds cool and will continue to fool folks into believing they are getting something new. And have told the poor stufents who think they are getting real job experience to come up with something that will let them launch the thing. Regardless of how it will play out.
As I've had it explained to me, the reason they changed the name is they felt that "Guild Raids" didn't accurately describe the feature, and made you expect fighting to be the primary gameplay element when the feature is more than just fighting.

xivarmy

If you call something a successor to GvG, one would expect it to be something like GvG, for the people who liked GvG. Not to be something completely unrelated that happens to be showing up as GvG leaves, which is what it is.

Quantum Incursions may turn out to be a wonderfully fun feature (I doubt it, but it *is* unfair to complain about how unfun it is before we even get to see the gameplay. My expectations being very low though, at least I shouldn't be disappointed :p), but the spiritual successor to GvG is GBG. It was clear from the first spoilers that "Raids" was not going to be closer to GvG than that.

And yet they set this expectation that if you loved GvG and hate GBG that raids was somehow going to scratch the itch. Since then it's become even more clear that raids/QIs is just a new feature as GvG is leaving and nothing deserving of the term "successor" - it's unrelated.

I think trying to link raids/QIs to the removal of GvG is placing an undue burden on them and is a marketing fail at appeasing the GvG diehards. They'd have been better to announce "GBG being so much more popular, we've decided to end GvG. Also, we have a new guild feature for people to explore completely new ways to play together as a guild coming soon that we're very excited about! Stay tuned!"

Pericles the Lion

. The fact is that it is being implemented in conjunction with GvG ending...on purpose.
Yes indeed. Out with the old, in with the new.
And characterized as the "successor" of GvG. Yet what we do know (unless, of course, they change it) is that it will be almost nothing like GvG. That is clearly evident from the video.
Yes, again. But, why the fixation on it not being like GvG? It has not been promoted to be "like" GvG. It's something entirely new.

Pericles the Lion

If you call something a successor to GvG, one would expect it to be something like GvG, for the people who liked GvG. Not to be something completely unrelated that happens to be showing up as GvG leaves, which is what it is.
In the initial announcement on Beta they said that Guild Raids (later renamed Quantum Incursions) would be the "immediate successor" to GvG. A successor is a person, or thing, that succeeds or follows. No similarity to the predecessor is required so I don't understand why anyone would expect Quantum Incursions to be something like GvG. Regardless, INNO's initial announcement also stated "We intend the Guild Raids to be a successor to GvG, but they are not necessarily alike.".

It is obvious that Quantum Incursions will not be like GvG, to the displeasure of the GvG diehards. Whether, or not, it will be popular with a larger percentage of players than GvG remains to be seen. We just don't have enough details about the mechanics or the rewards for participation.

Johnny B. Goode

Yes, again. But, why the fixation on it not being like GvG? It has not been promoted to be "like" GvG. It's something entirely new.
You may actually be more obstinate than I am. You know very well why the focus* on it not being at all similar to GvG. Because it is being rolled out in a manner that very strongly implies that it is meant to replace GvG in the hearts and minds of those who love GvG and might leave the game with its demise. They are not going to be happy if it is as dissimilar as it appears to be. Like @xivarmy I have very low expectations for QI.

*Focus, not fixation. You use "fixation" because it implies a mindless, irrational mental state rather than the much more benign (and more accurate) "focus". Always demeaning (rather than debating) the viewpoint of others who aren't as in love with all Inno's changes.