• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.36- Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser1084
  • Start date

DeletedUser1084

Please give us your feedback and suggestion to Changelog 1.36 update below. We are interested in hearing your thoughts!

DeletedUser10076

Will we see a nerf to some to gbs as others are seeing? Please just come out and say it if so

DeletedUser11342

I would like the see the star icon color which appears when selecting motivation or polishing changed to black instead of it being white or silver as it makes it very difficult to notice, especially in the higher eras where the building schemes are much lighter where it blends in with the scenery. It causes me to spend much more time locating buildings that have been hit where I spend at least an hour making my rounds with the guild, in just one world. There are few items that are black except in Late Middle Ages. Thank you for considering my suggestion, and this should be a simple change.

*Arturis*

Tooltip displaying of the hex coordination number in the GvG map could be much helpful to locate the hex on the map.

DeletedUser

So, I have a question. if we cannot delete armies from the sectors anymore in GvG (at least how I read the update), does this mean that you cannot leave a map if you want to?
For instance, you can turn over all sectors to an NPC except for the sector that has your HQ on it. In order to get rid of the sector that has your HQ on it(remove yourself from the map completely) you have to delete the armies. So, if we cannot delete the armies - does this mean that the HQ is "stuck" on the map until all the defensive armies are killed off in that one sector?

DeletedUser8152

Nothing to combat ghost guilds or exploiting battle points in gvg, very disappointing!!
The deleting armies thing will help restrain ghost guilds, or at least the kind of pirate guild that gets used to wipe people off the map.

DeletedUser

The deleting armies thing will help restrain ghost guilds, or at least the kind of pirate guild that gets used to wipe people off the map.

I guess that answers my question.

In an effort to "make people happy", the GvG portion of the game is really going to be killed off with this change.

I have noticed that sieges can now be laid from sectors not connected to the HQ - must have missed that in one of the previous updates.

So, with this change 9not being able to "lift off" the map combined ith the ability to lay SA's down from any sector, regardless of whether it is connected to the HQ, completely favors the larger guilds that have established themselves on the maps early, and taken a good portion of the high powered sectors across the map. Nw it will be extremely challenging, if not impossible, to dethrone "the king".

Man, you guys really mucked up a great and fun portion of this game in order to "fix" a problem (ghost guilds) that could have easily been fixed. If you really had wanted to effectively address the ghost guilds, you would have put a lock on any GvG activity for 60 days after a guild is formed. That would have effectively taken care of that problem, and allowed the rest of us to continue to play GvG in a manner that actually fostered the social component of the game.

The main reason for doing GvG (power to level up the guild) is gone, you can no longer be mobile if needed, and you can no longer effectively fight larger guilds that divvy up the map early on. This is ridiculous.

DeletedUser8152

I have noticed that sieges can now be laid from sectors not connected to the HQ - must have missed that in one of the previous updates.
It has always worked that way.
So, with this change 9not being able to "lift off" the map combined ith the ability to lay SA's down from any sector, regardless of whether it is connected to the HQ, completely favors the larger guilds that have established themselves on the maps early, and taken a good portion of the high powered sectors across the map. Nw it will be extremely challenging, if not impossible, to dethrone "the king".
We'll see how it goes, I guess. I think a large guild will still be just as vulnerable to being attacked, just not to being wiped. In my mind, the point of GvG should be to try to take territory, not to deny territory to others. But of course we can all play it the way we want. I think the HQ thing is, however, in line with how they did originally intend it to work, since they've always had the rule about moving HQ once per day.

Man, you guys really mucked up a great and fun portion of this game in order to "fix" a problem (ghost guilds) that could have easily been fixed. If you really had wanted to effectively address the ghost guilds, you would have put a lock on any GvG activity for 60 days after a guild is formed. That would have effectively taken care of that problem, and allowed the rest of us to continue to play GvG in a manner that actually fostered the social component of the game.
Personally, I'm glad that they didn't take that approach. I'd like new guild to be encourage to play, and the pirate/ghost guilds I've seen are all long established and maintained.

The main reason for doing GvG (power to level up the guild) is gone, you can no longer be mobile if needed, and you can no longer effectively fight larger guilds that divvy up the map early on. This is ridiculous.
I suspect that they will never please everyone, no matter what they do.

DeletedUser2382

I don't have a problem with it other than ZERO ability to EVER remove an HQ as far as I understand it---its simply stuck there until someone kills it off---lets face it---thats really stupid. We need a way to drop the HQ as many have suggested throughout this update on beta.

Everyone needs to relocate at some point. If you land somewhere that isn't gonna work---what now?--you're just stuck there. This creates a whole new level of abuse for clever players who could actually surround the HQ, locking in the territory and never hitting it.

I expect you'll start to see these forums bogged down with complaints within a couple month by the same squeeky wheels that wanted this to go into effect in the first place. I bet they change their tune when their HQ is surrounded by the so called "bully" guild leaving them with absolute ZERO options to do ANYTHING. It'll just sit there while the other guilds cry nah nah nah booboo.

DeletedUser11894

I personally do not like the idea that FoE will control who is given Founder's Rights.
When all of the leaders from my Guild (Melaleuca Knights in "B" world) departed to the Night Watch Guild, they assigned me the responsibility and honour of being the Founder, because I was the only one who wished to take the responsibility for our Guild family. The other higher ranking players are in the Guild are newer and are also more interested in GVG and other fighting for the Guild.

Why should I have to relinquish my authority just because I am not at 1,000,000 points or higher yet?

This type of control is enough to cause me to leave FoE and not recommend you to anyone. And I truly do not wish to do this.

I would deeply appreciate a good explanation for this. I also wish to ask that I not have to relinquish my "Founder's Rights". I do not believe that this is fair tactics on your part.
Thank you.

DeletedUser2145

FoE's not taking control over who has founder rights, but is adding a fail safe IF there are no active founders for 30 days. This means that if a guild has 3 founders, and they've all been inactive for 30 days, but did not give anyone else founder rights the system (after those 30 days) will give founder rights to someone else. So that the guild doesn't die, so that someone else can take over and keep it alive. If there is one person with leader rights, then they receive those founder rights. If there are multiple leaders then the oldest of those leaders gets the founder rights. If there is no leader but a single person with moderator rights, then they get founder rights. If there is no leader but multiple people with moderator rights, then the oldest of those moderators gets the founder rights. Etc.

There's no added control in this, but rather making the current system automatic. Instead of the support team doing this, the game will do it itself.

DeletedUser

Not being able to lift off the map.

I suspect that they will never please everyone, no matter what they do.

but the only people that had problems with it were those that take territory, then sit on it. What is the point of GvG if not to do battle and fight. The "fix" of copying units to lay seiges effectively removed any ability to defend sectors, the addition of the HOFs (although i fully understand the reasoning behind it) removed any reason to try and become #1 on the map, and now - because people complain - the ability to pick up and move relies upon waiting for someone to kill off your HQ? This in the long term is going to do nothing to address any issues that people had.

In fact, guilds can go around killing off all the other sectors except the HQs. And then see how happy people are to engage in GvG now when there HQ is stuck on the map, and has no where to go.

If you really wanted to fix it, make it so that SAs cost units - then it would not be as easy (well, unless you have a Traz) to lay so many SAs. Not having to delete defensive armies to replace them would be the fix to effectively defend - make it quicker to fill damaged slots. This would even out the playing field, and make gvG more challenging and strategic. Otherwise this fix is no fix for anything.

if lifting off the map was "being abused" then making it so that you could do it 1x every 2 weeks or a month could have dampened that issue. This is just silly.

DeletedUser2382

Yes I'll say it again, there has to be a way to abandon an HQ. Even if, collectively, as a Guild you could only do so once a day or even a week. The idea that its just stuck there forever with zero options & no where to go if you are cornered by a much more powerful guild who would rather trap you is just really, really, really stupid.

DeletedUser2145

There will be an announcement for the update that introduces the new ages. Until it's been announced it's best not to keep expecting the age, it means it's still being tested and its release has not been confirmed.

Tl;dr - no.

DeletedUser3088

I have heard that the HQ sector can now be released 1/day like all other sectors. If true, you can pull off a map once a day.