• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

SUMMER EVENT

DeletedUser8428

I remembered to accept the first quest. That's a common thing here in FoE, so I've grown accustomed to it. What I *didn't* expect however was that the quests would be different from those on the test server. Me, and many other people, had prepared our cities to be able to accomplish the quests as quickly as possible. But, they aren't the same quests. That's really got a lot of us screwed up, and now we have no idea how to prep for the coming quests. Thanks for that Inno. :evil:

You actually prepare for event quests?

DeletedUser15855

Yep. I had my reasons to. I know what I want and I know how to get it. Getting my tickets ASAP is a big step in the obtainment of that goal.

DeletedUser17759

I feel that the caravansary is a little underwhelming.

Ziggurat could use an 8- and 24-hour setting. PLEASE! :(

Bit about the Bazaar: of course Shrine of Knowledge is better than Bazaar, but it is rarer. Shrines need polishing for full effect as well.

The Bazaar would have been much better if they didn't try to match its production times with that of a supply building. Having the supply and coin production at every 5 and 15 minutes makes that feature all but useless for any player that has built Lighthouse of Alexandria, Royal Albert Hall, or St. Marks. If would have been much better off if all the productions were set at 8 hour intervals with the forge points being adjusted to 1 per 8 hours.
This.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser20387

Disappointing to say the least

We would like to hear your thoughts about the Summer Event! Please discuss them with us here.

~Your Forge of Empires Team

8 spins and 7 results of coins all with different stopping points. So far a huge waste of time!

DeletedUser10415

So I hear that if 3 quests are completed in the same day, then a slow down quest will be thrown in. Is this true?

Yes. The first one is two supply productions of eight hours. If you manage to get through that and 'forge' ahead, you'll hit another one after six quests for two twenty-four hour productions of supplies. Obviously the event hasn't been in play long enough to say what the third slow down might be, if any.

DeletedUser17759

It has, in beta. I think:

Bonus Quest:[SUP]2[/SUP]

• Greva Darn: "Finish an 8-hour-production 2 times" and "Spend 11 Forge Points"
    • Reward: 1 Ticket

Bonus Quest 2:
[SUP]2[/SUP]

• Greva Darn: "Finish a 24-hour-production 2 times" and "Spend 14 Forge Points"

Bonus Quest 3:
[SUP]2[/SUP]

• Greva Darn: "Finish a 24-hour-production 3 times" and "Spend 16 Forge Points"

DeletedUser15488

Nothing to complain about! I am having an awesome time so far, and I'm only on about my third quest. Lots of fun prizes, no real duds. What's not to like about FREE STUFF? I haven't gotten the stuff I most crave yet, but have gotten tons of supplies and coins, 4 Blueprints, and of course some new portraits. I have only been playing for a few months, but I have been through other events, and this one is by far my fave! It's also good for those of us who can't play all day and all night!

DeletedUser

First, I feel compelled to point out to those complaining of the lousy prizes on the Wheel: It's a Wheel of Fortune! This is a very old game in which it is traditional for there to be a wide variety in the value of the prizes; a few highly valuable, some moderately valuable and a few nearly worthless or “booby” prizes. This Wheel follows that traditional format. You pay the price and take your chance. The carnival barker has his classic call, “Step right up! Play the Wheel! Every spin’s a WINNAAAAR!!!”
Next I’d like to confirm that it seems there will be no diamonds on the Wheel as prizes this year.
I have not seen any yet. Has anyone else? I know there is the End Quest prize of (250?) diamonds but none other than that? If so, that will pretty effectively put a damper on the number of “farm accounts”.

DeletedUser

I don't know - I know someone who is playing ten worlds to get the 250 diamonds from each one - 2500 diamonds total - so I don't think it will stop 'farm accounts' anytime soon.

DeletedUser13113

This is event is so lame, you have quests that cost the gamer lots of FP's, supplies and gold for a ticket or 2 so you can spin a wheel with maybe 1 or 2 objects or buildings that they might like but all you really get is maybe a lame avatar picture or some of our gold or supplies back. I spun seven times and got nothing except gold, supplies, an unattached unit and 3 stupid avatars. Probably the 250 diamonds will depend on another spin with only one to win.

DeletedUser20112

Hello,what is the maximum number of summer event tickets,that you can have at any given time?

DeletedUser8152

Hello,what is the maximum number of summer event tickets,that you can have at any given time?
I don't know the answer, but I should think it would be quite large. If you are buying tickets and run into some kind of limit, you can contact support and they should be able to resolve the problem.

DeletedUser11463

Got a bazaar. 2 questions: It doesn't seem to have the option to motivate. Is this true? Can it be plundered? Thanks enjoying the event so far. Love getting 3000 medals when I land on it. Very sweet unless you are way high up there.

DeletedUser10401

Are there going to be any deals with diamond purchases where you get tickets as part of the package?

DeletedUser8152

Are there going to be any deals with diamond purchases where you get tickets as part of the package?
No one gets that information ahead of time. But if you want my guess, I imagine we will at some point.

Sister27

It really is a game of chance ... Too many avatars to make refreshing the wheel too frequently, a great option, as with each refresh you get a chance at a new avatar, whereas if you stay with the same wheel, even with less than stellar prizes, you at least get something other than multiple avatars ... Most of them unappealing (imho):)

DeletedUser17234

I've searched "crowns" and I come up blank, both here and on wiki. What are they good for?