• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Recent content by timrwild

1. 2000 Aborted quest limit per day

They've said nothing about anything which is the whole point. We have to assume what the real issue is and propose solutions for them because the abort limit is a total cop out no matter what reason they provide. We all know people are running bots to do RQs. People aren't doing RQs all day...
  2. 2000 Aborted quest limit per day

Wow, you're so special. What is Inno trying to deal with by implementing the abort limit? Server issues? We've got a solution for that. Bots? We've got a solution for that. People completing excessive quests? Then limit the quest completions, not the quest aborts. You'd have to be *insanely*...
  3. 2000 Aborted quest limit per day

I'm not sure if this idea has been tossed out yet, but in case it hasn't, here we go. One of the things people had asked a lot was "Why can't Inno just clamp down on the bots?" Well, it turns out that's not so easy. Tracking where people are clicking, whether the actions are so repetitive that...
  4. 2000 Aborted quest limit per day

There's no way to prove any of that except hearing directly from Inno, so trying to whittle down from the number that Inno claimed years ago and arguing against it is a moot point. Also, there's no definition of "active" players. What if I log on 3 times a week to collect my 15 houses and 12...
  5. 2000 Aborted quest limit per day

Saying that they're trying to deal with an exploit is not remotely the same thing as saying why they chose this specific solution when plenty of others would do just as well. It also doesn't address plenty of other "exploits" that still exist in the game. Why was this one chosen? The fact that...
  6. 2000 Aborted quest limit per day

The problem is that there has been no dialogue with Inno. They have been completely silent on everything. Those of us who care have given out dozens of solutions that would satisfy 95% of the people who are pissed off. Then there are those who yell back "bUt It'S sTiLl An ExPlOiT, iNnO cAn Do...
  7. 2000 Aborted quest limit per day

That was mostly a joke. It's unreasonable to expect them to change anything. We all know they won't.
  8. 2000 Aborted quest limit per day

There have been many mentions of how the abort limit doesn't actually solve the problem. If the goal is to stop people from getting almost unlimited goods FP, then GBG definitely needs to be looked at. I think @CDmark ran the numbers on GBG and found that you can get more there than you can with...
  9. 2000 Aborted quest limit per day

Exactly. To be completely candid, this issue with aborts is the final straw, and I've quit playing. Big whoop, what does Inno care? TBH they don't care, but whining and complaining on a forum doesn't change anything, and in the past few weeks it's done nothing. The "exploit" they're trying to...
  10. 2000 Aborted quest limit per day

Sorry, meant Iron.
  11. 2000 Aborted quest limit per day

That's literally impossible. There are a number of different quests (at least in the eras I've made it through) that involve 24 hour productions. "Produce 2 [insert 24 hr production item here]." The only way to do an infinite number of quests is to have an infinite amount of space, which would...
  12. 2000 Aborted quest limit per day

As I noted, even if they keep the cap on aborted quests, it would save tons of server resources for Inno right off the bat. Secondly, I don't think we've heard officially that the sole reason is to keep people from exploiting coins/supplies. (Again, that would help this conversation greatly if...
  13. 2000 Aborted quest limit per day

Why thank you, kind sir. I most certainly don't have 18 million other medals stashed away for safe keeping.
  14. 2000 Aborted quest limit per day

This would solve much of the problem. If another big part of the issue is the UBP, where you hit up the server once for coins and again for supplies, add the option to "pay all" for different quests. Other quests like the daily quests have multiple steps where you have to pay different things. I...
  15. 2000 Aborted quest limit per day

I've been following this for the past few days and finally feel compelled to put in my two cents. First of all, it seems clear that communication from Inno has been poor. There was no announcement of the change, and we're all left speculating about what prompted it, and that's caused a lot of...