• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

2000 Aborted quest limit per day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent327

It's annoying that a mod posts aren't actually Inno opinions; in the end they are players just like us and have no answers to our questions.

I can understand it is annoying and I will try to stay out of these discussions. It is just that sometimes I see people say things that are so far off that I feel I have to react. My bad :(

DeletedUser

I can understand it is annoying and I will try to stay out of these discussions. It is just that sometimes I see people say things that are so far off that I feel I have to react. My bad :(
and people saying things so far off are making the majority of the forum users, so now you understand how relevant to the game is their opinion.
But it seems that Inno cherishes the forum opinion, and that is base to whatever changes they plan
I am starting to understand Inno's problem

iPenguinPat

It would make a lot of sense for you to be able to designate whether you're posting as player vs. inno mod.

Your perspective as a player is valuable, even if I don't agree with you on any given topic. The problem is that when you have the mod tag, it adds extra "authority" to your post, making it seem like it's coming directly from inno's mouth.

I've noticed that a lot of mods talk as if their opinion is inno's actual opinion instead of making it clear that what they are saying is simply their experience as a player. (not directed at any specific mod. simply a general observation)

Of course, some players know that's not the case, but i suspect anyone that's not a forum veteran would be completely unaware that some % of comments (possibly a majority? i don't really keep up) are your own opinion and do not represent inno directly. It's a major misconception and feels somewhat antagonistic since your POV doesn't tend to align with the majority of players here. Not sure that it's necessarily abuse of power, but kinda frustrating nonetheless.

Johnny B. Goode

There are more members in a decently sized guild than active forum posters here. INNO can look at the metrics easily enough but unless this forum erupts completely, it would be hard for them to decide a policy/strategy based on posts since so few posters are present.
This is true. And if anyone has been on the Forum long enough, they would have seen a real blowup here. The reaction so far is fairly standard for most average sized changes to the game. It's actually milder than the reaction to the abort delay.

Algona

There are more members in a decently sized guild than active forum posters here

Random (stress random) thoughts.

Could one spinoff of that be that means every voice, every post can be decisive? It only took a few dozen posts each time to get most of the changes to Events enacted. The few enacted Proposals were usually debated by less then 25 posters and voted on by less then a hundred people.

I have absolutely no hard evidence, but I think the number of 'well known users' (recognizable posters if you prefer) has been going down for years. I won't speculate why, too many possible reasons why folks who spent months or longer posting a lot of posts would up and leave. Nor will I argue this, it;s afeeling and if someone ha evidence I'll be happy to be proven wrong.

Anyone could take 15 minutes and go through the top five threads in each subforum and count the number of unique users. Me? Nope. I'll take a mulligan on this one. I'm tired of doing the work to demonstrate yet another baseless bit of hyperbole put out by another lazy poster to try and make a point that falls apart under close inspection.

Why do you think the Plunder progress thread has almost died?

Over in the Announcements forum Event viewcounts range from 2,500 to 35,000, The forum software reports 9,500 Users. I used to know how thread viewcounts worked here, but maybe that's changed?

The 1.199 Update Feedback thread has 229 posts. That thread includes the majority of the posts about the 2 second abort delay and the the thread was an Official Feedback thread pointed to by an Announcement. This unofficial thread in a higher subforum has 449 posts with no other thread linking to it. I don't know if there is anything significant there.

Before quitting last year Panacea (CMT before the EN Team Apr - Aig 2020) who was before the current Team) used to publish the forum and in game usage stats for the previous year. Was a summary published this year?

The deleteduser intiative dstroyed any chance of figuring out if there is a significant change in the number of posters. I spupose i should put in my usual rant about destroying the history of the game, but to what point? The library has burnt down and all we can do now is tell legends while sitting on the ashes and rubble.

It used to be an industrious person could keep pretty good tabs on a lot of what was going on in the forums and in game.

As I said, random thoughts.

BigSpence4

This is true. And if anyone has been on the Forum long enough, they would have seen a real blowup here. The reaction so far is fairly standard for most average sized changes to the game. It's actually milder than the reaction to the abort delay.

That isn't a surprise at all. That effected every person doing questing, while the abort limit effects less people.

Johnny B. Goode

The 1.199 Update Feedback thread has 229 posts. That thread includes the majority of the posts about the 2 second abort delay and the the thread was an Official Feedback thread pointed to by an Announcement. This unofficial thread in a higher subforum has 449 posts with no other thread linking to it. I don't know if there is anything significant there.
Well, the abort delay was completely unannounced, yet the majority of the posts on that thread are complaining about it. The abort limit was anticipated by many players after that, and I would guess that only about half the posts on this thread are actually by those complaining. Some are posts like a few of yours that either aren't a complaint or are addressing a different issue, such as communication. The rest are by people like me who don't think the limit is a problem. A problem in the overall game picture, that is. Obviously it's not a problem for many players because they didn't take advantage of the exploit.

Emberguard

Well, the abort delay was completely unannounced, yet the majority of the posts on that thread are complaining about it.
The abort delay didn’t just effect recurring quests either. It also effected my event quests, daily challenges and story quests that don’t even have a abort

Interestingly the abort delay was desktop only as far as I’m aware

Tannerite2

I am curious as to what constitutes an exploit here, because I have been told in this thread that Inno "clearly" stated this change was to fix an exploit. The basic definition from google is to "make full use of and derive benefit from (a resource)." An alternative from Merriam-Webster is to "make use of meanly or unfairly for one's own advantage." And personally, when I think of exploits in a game, I think of exploiting a bug or glitch that was unintended. So my question is what exploit did this abort cap solve? Was the lack of a cap a glitch that has been around since the game was introduced in 2012? Did the game developers not anticipate unlimited cycling ,which was possible as of July, 2014, and it took them over 6 years to come up with a solution? And if doing hundreds of one action a day is an exploit, how is a checkerboard in GBG not an exploit as well? It just seems odd to me to shut down one way of playing the game.

And for context, I hate doing RQs and have never (I believe) come close to the cap. I just don't like seeing an important part of the game for some people being done away with without a clear explanation. It seems to me that Inno just didn't like this way of playing their game and decided to call it an exploit. What if they apply their definition of exploit to other things and introduce a fight cap or FP donation limit?

UnStopaBull

Ok so I’ve had a week to put my chateau L151 to work for venus goods and deal with the 2k limit and here are my thoughts. I have 3 tech left to go and have barely fought GBG for goods so most have come from questing. Not one day, even with a lot of questing, did I hit the limit. One friend did but my conclusion is 2k isn’t a terrible number for me at least. I’m sure I’ve had stretches in my game life I would of hit it but I quest in at least the 90 percentile and 2k isn’t and issue for me. Still Hope inno figured out way to catch cheaters though.

timrwild

I just realized if people play all recurring quests. Not skipping any, they will never hit any limit. in that scenario they can do recurring Quests forever?
Or, even just playing half of them will double their total. maybe only skip that one you really hate.. then you can do 2000 cycles..
I may have read that idea somewhere.. here maybe. LOL But it just dawned on me what it really means.
That's literally impossible. There are a number of different quests (at least in the eras I've made it through) that involve 24 hour productions. "Produce 2 [insert 24 hr production item here]." The only way to do an infinite number of quests is to have an infinite amount of space, which would never happen. Depending on the era, the practical maximum is around 50 of those quests a day. For a period when I was (nearly) fully invested in non-UBP RQs, I was doing about 30 a day. And each of those quests would count as one less quest to skip. It effectively makes no difference whether you try to scatter in other quests while looping. Someone had quoted the number of quests in Bronze Era as being around 285 quests a day. If you add in one of those 24 hour production quests every time you loop (Bronze production buildings are large and you have no space, so you can fit in maybe 10-15 of those), you bump yourself up to 300, maybe 305 quests a day. While the 2000 aborts is a hard limit and you can theoretically add in other quests to stave off some of the aborts, there is no way to have a meaningful impact on the number of quests you can complete a day. In Bronze I would probably say there's a hard limit of 320 quests a day unless you spend tons of FP from your bank. If you could manage to do one other quest every single time through the cycle, you would still be capped at 333. You can complete half the quests, but only as long as you have buildings to collect, and you'll run out of those within 10-15 loops. It's just not possible to meaningfully add to the number of quests you complete a day.

Johnny B. Goode

If you add in one of those 24 hour production quests every time you loop (Bronze production buildings are large and you have no space, so you can fit in maybe 10-15 of those)
The Bronze Age Blacksmith is literally the smallest production building in the game. Kind of ruins the impact of your whole post when you get such a basic game fact so completely wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.