• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Recent content by Wishful Sinful

1. When can we stop pretending GBG is balanced?

Please do. Maybe you can have some of my models that are actually grounded in mathematics and not bluster. I love that the guy saying “don’t trust strangers on the internet, research things for yourself” is the shady one. I’ll let you get back to telling noobs how the game is perfectly...
  2. When can we stop pretending GBG is balanced?

Yep, you’ve uncovered my master plan. I made up a very specific example that anyone could validate/invalidate in minutes just to get your attention. You win the prize.
  3. When can we stop pretending GBG is balanced?

Sorry to disappoint, but I’m not looking to become a wise and consistent thought leader of the forum. I don’t care who makes a post and don’t plan to track my favorite commenters and hang on their every insight as gospel. If a post is interesting enough, I‘d do my own due diligence and not...
  4. When can we stop pretending GBG is balanced?

Well, I can fill in anything I want for X, Y, Z and post it here. Thus my recommendation for people to gather their own data rather than to rely on a random person. If you don‘t think it’s an issue, don’t do it. QUOTE="Algona, post: 346029, member: 17103"] Sure. You forgot to make some...
  5. When can we stop pretending GBG is balanced?

I'd recommend anyone interested to do their own analysis. I've submitted mine to the people that presumably handle corrections. The net result of the data however was an average of a 300+% deviation from expected result with 0 of those instances occurring in favor of the players. This...
  6. When can we stop pretending GBG is balanced?

@Algona, Fully agreed with your best case scenario above, and yes there are many factors. But the result above is a pittance of diamonds when spread around a guild (easily covered by 2 GE’s, Crow’s, SV, WW’s, etc) and isn’t the level of consumption that necessitates someone to buy a $100...
  7. When can we stop pretending GBG is balanced?

How much math do you need? More buildings being rushed, means more diamonds being spent. I can’t spell it out any more clearly. If someone is doing 4K fights in a session, that’s approx. 1K in diamond rewards, or 20 rushes covered by a single person. Add in a couple hundred from GE, and that...
  8. When can we stop pretending GBG is balanced?

Yes, I am specifically talking about the constant turnover model. I’m stating that the cost of camp rushes is mostly self-sustainable due to the camp carryover plus the diamond rewards granted while capturing/filling a sector. So while diamonds are being used, they are largely being generated...
  9. When can we stop pretending GBG is balanced?

Are you referring to diamonds for those needing extra Negs? I’m not sure the camps are generating much in diamond sales, even if they are generating use. In Diamond League, the diamond rewards mostly covers one of the slot rushes. Their crappy RNG system doesn’t do many things with...
  10. When can we stop pretending GBG is balanced?

This really wasn’t the main point that I attempted to make, but the advantage over other players in getting rewards is the guild you find yourself in, their participation, their treasury, and their willingness to spend diamonds. The extra amount of bonus between a 5 year player and 2 year...
  11. When can we stop pretending GBG is balanced?

I‘m not claiming impact on my city, merely on the game as a whole. It goes to a general sense of fairness where players aren’t as rewarded for their past commitments and any gaps in strength they worked, maybe even paid, to build is being eroded by a severe escalation in reward within the game...
  12. When can we stop pretending GBG is balanced?

@Joeyjojojo - By no means did I intend to infer that a high level CC, HC, SC, BG, etc. was a bad thing and not worth investing in, as certainly they are nice to have. What I meant by diminished is simply that they aren’t what they used to be and that in the olden days when we had to forge...
  13. When can we stop pretending GBG is balanced?

I personally think this thread asked the wrong question. However, as stated it would seem to be reasonable for the matchups to factor in total encounters by the guild the previous week. If a 10 person guild can drop 50-100K fights between them in a BG that seems more revealing about their...