• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Guild Expeditions and points, points, points

Kaidi

So...

Jaelis was kind enough to clear up an ambiguous statement for me, regarding GE and happiness. But I'm still not absolutely sure how all the different points work together.

In GE, there are four kinds of points (there were 3 until the GE Championship started): There are battle points (personal for tower), Expedition points (toward the crown award), Crown points, and of course, the number of battles completed per member, for the championship thingy.
  • When you fight a battle, you get points - essentially tower points, and that is added to your points for that week for that tower. If your people are enthusiastic, you get 20% more points.
  • For the points you get for battle, they are divided by 50, and added to your ranking points. Again, if your people are enthusiastic, you get 20% more battle points, so that will give you 20% more ranking points.
  • After fighting a GE battle, in some magical way, those points are converted to Expedition points (that are not affected by happiness), and after a certain number of expedition points, your guild is awarded a certain number of crowns.
So, for example: I fought L1-2, with happiness, and got 2640 points. Those points were converted to 180 expedition points. The guild that I was in for this battle requires 43,316 points for the level 2 crown reward. The crown reward is 762 points.

I've tried, but can't figure out how those numbers relate to each other.

On another world, I'm in a solo guild, at LMA. It was 360-ish expedition points to produce 7 guild crowns.

How are those numbers related? Anyone done the research? How is the number of expedition points determined for the guild threshold to get the next crown award?

(And sorry if this is badly worded. I'm confused, and it's hard to properly formulate a question. And sorry if it exists somewhere already. I searched thoroughly, but could have bee using the wrong keywords.)

Thanks,

Kaidi

Ylisaveta

Okay, there is a lot to unpack. You have the mechanism for the battle points right. The Expedition points do not correspond to battle points, they are a set amount based on your era and which battle of the 48 you are on, and you get them if you win. The only time Expedition points have any relationship to the damage you inflicted and took are if you are defeated or surrender, the "consolation" Expedition points.

Each guild's possible Power and the number of Expedition points possible is determined at the beginning of each week based on the members and their ages. Then the Power amount is divided equally into the benchmarks or checkpoints, and the Expedition points are divided so that each successive benchmark takes more, but I don't know what the proportions are.

Kaidi

The Expedition points do not correspond to battle points, they are a set amount based on your era and which battle of the 48 you are on, and you get them if you win.

So if I walk out of a GE battle with one troop with one hitpoint left, my expedition points are the same as they would be if I wasn't injured at all?

ETA: And has anyone charted what those set points per GE battle are per era/level?

Ylisaveta

Yes, to your first question.

Unknown, to your second question. The devs have not released the info as far as I know. ByeOrDie might know if someone has set out to do that; it would be a lot of work for someone.

DeletedUser11463

It would be rather difficult to calculate the points at each interval. They are really loaded toward the upper ages though. We have a lower age member who fights all 48 battles and gets less than 20,000 crown points and our higher ups get over 100,000 for the same set of battles. But the inter-world games it is based on total participation so that lower-level player really helps to bring up our participation rate.

Kaidi

Yes, to your first question.

Unknown, to your second question. The devs have not released the info as far as I know. ByeOrDie might know if someone has set out to do that; it would be a lot of work for someone.

I can't imagine the Dev's WOULD release the info, but it seems to me someone would have at least given it a shot.

Maybe next week I'll start keeping track. Like...I wonder, in the original example, I'm CA. Does that mean that for Level 1, battle 2, everywhere...all CA people will get 180 expedition points if they win?

Previously, you said:
Each guild's possible Power and the number of Expedition points possible is determined at the beginning of each week based on the members and their ages. Then the Power amount is divided equally into the benchmarks or checkpoints, and the Expedition points are divided so that each successive benchmark takes more, but I don't know what the proportions are.

It never occurred to me - though DUH, obvious in retrospect - that there was a limit to the number of crowns you could win. But of COURSE there is...because even if you have 80 people in your guild, if you have 100% completion rate, you've done 3840 battles and there ain't no more.

So there must be a maximum number of crown each week, which would be a good number to learn, to start with figuring this all out.

Had I negotiated Level 1 Battle 2, would it still be worth 180 points?

Kaidi

It would be rather difficult to calculate the points at each interval. They are really loaded toward the upper ages though. We have a lower age member who fights all 48 battles and gets less than 20,000 crown points and our higher ups get over 100,000 for the same set of battles. But the inter-world games it is based on total participation so that lower-level player really helps to bring up our participation rate.

I've noticed the upper-end loading, and agree that the Guild Expedition Championships, or whatever they're called, have really boosted GE participation.

I've got someone who was either HMA or LMA who did all 48, and got 20,679. Pretty sure he negotiated all the way through. Another person did all 48 and is LMA, and got 30,722 (which makes me think the first person was probably HMA), though I'm not sure if she fought or negotiated...guessing negotiated. I'm CA, and got 44,359. I fought most of it, and negotiated some of the doubles, plus the last three battles, and missed twice. And there's a PE member who did 46 out of 48, and got 74,182. That was almost surely negotiation - no troop buildings, no Traz. (I'm out of my home guild temporarily, which is why I'm so vague about whether they fought or negotiated.)

Holy crap this is complex, because to figure it out, you'd also have to allow for lost battles and botched negotiations. lol.

I can see several people that are in the same era, that did the same number of battles, where their scores don't line up. (Ha - I happen to have screen shots of GE a couple of weeks ago, because I was running a reward system.)

I think to at least get a start to figuring it out, it's - find the number of crown levels, check the crown reward for each level, then track for a few levels how the required number of expedition points rises per level. Heh. Sounds like a project. Good thing I like spreadsheets. :p

DeletedUser13838

I don't know if this is confirmation bias or whatever but I have a suspicion that the age of troops used plays a part in how battle points are related to expedition points. A guildie of mine consistently gets about 10% more expedition points than me. We're both in AF. I generally use FE and AF troops with minimal losses and a couple of negotiations (typically encounters 46 and 45). Nothing really stood out as to why we'd have such a disparity in points. This week I started using 8 strike teams in the 1st level and at least so far our points are more even. Just a thought.

DeletedUser8152

I don't know if this is confirmation bias or whatever but I have a suspicion that the age of troops used plays a part in how battle points are related to expedition points. A guildie of mine consistently gets about 10% more expedition points than me. We're both in AF. I generally use FE and AF troops with minimal losses and a couple of negotiations (typically encounters 46 and 45). Nothing really stood out as to why we'd have such a disparity in points. This week I started using 8 strike teams in the 1st level and at least so far our points are more even. Just a thought.
No I've verified that the expo points you get for a given encounter doesn't depend on the troops you use, it just depends on the troops you are fighting. It's a certain number of points per enemy unit, scaled by the enemy unit age.

If you have a guildmate getting more points than you and you're both in the same age and both finished the same number of encounters, then he must be getting extra points using the "consolation" points you get for losing. You can max those out by using your extra attempts available to fight a battle almost to the end but then surrender. The consolation points scale also with the damage you do to the enemy units and their age.

DeletedUser13838

I don't think he's getting the extra points for losing battles unless he's pumping loads of medals to get the extra attempts. Right now we're still about the same and are both close to finishing. Only difference on my end is using lower agree troops for about half the first level. But I'll ask.

DeletedUser8152

I don't think he's getting the extra points for losing battles unless he's pumping loads of medals to get the extra attempts. Right now we're still about the same and are both close to finishing. Only difference on my end is using lower agree troops for about half the first level. But I'll ask.
Well, it is always possible they changed how it works since I tested it, I haven't been keeping track since the first few weeks.

DeletedUser22737

I may be off topic, or have not discovered the proper thread for this question, but will give it a try anyway:

Is there a differentiation between start times for GE amidst the different time zones that would cause a players points for GE to "not be counted" in the GE Championships? A member of my guild in M world reported a rumor to that effect, and I could neither confirm nor deny the accuracy.

As an example:
If I start battling as soon as the GE is open on Tuesday (EST time Zone), and we are competing against another guild (PST time Zone), will those battles still be counting ? If the GE opens and closes for all at the same ACTUAL time across the time zones, I would guess that it would. But if there are different beginning and ending times for the individual servers and their respective time zones, are all battles being fought included in the totals for the Championship?

I don't want to answer my guild mate incorrectly, so can you shed some light on this? If so, thank you in advance for the answer!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15042

They start at the same time, regardless of time zone. I am in Korea Standard time, and my GE starts at the same moment as everyone else in the sgtates.

DeletedUser22737

Thank you Alessi116125. It only makes sense, but one never knows these days in a non-sensible world. Would you be able to confirm that, jaelis?

DeletedUser8152

As far as I know, nothing in the game uses different time zones. Everyone on the US server has things happen at the same time.

DeletedUser22737

Thanks both of you! I will report this back to the guild member who posed the question.

DeletedUser26102

Along the line of points in GE I have one question regarding the application of GE points to the guild level.
Now if you look at the guild level it says you need 'x' crowns to reach the next level.
If you go to the guild continent, enter an age, and look at the Event page it shows how many points the guild earned for the 7PM recalc.

Twice my guild won more than 6K in crowns yet when I look at the recalc once the new GE starts, I'm only seeing about 2K in points to our level.
Where did my 6000+ points go???

Kaidi

Wow, ignore the thread for a few days and all kinds of comments.

DarkSceptor, those points are awarded daily, as they occur, so you may have won 6000 total, over the course of GE, but what you got on day one was 1000, day 2 was 1000, etc. It's showing you the total. Does that make sense and does it seem to apply?

RE: GE points - I've started a spreadsheet with Expedition points awarded per battle (e.g. 1-2, 3-6), points awarded, age of the player, and whether it was fought or negotiated. If I find anything interesting, I'll either post back here, or into another thread.

(Acutally, I HAVE found some interesting stuff, but not "sure" enough to post it yet.)

DeletedUser26102

Kaidi -- yes that makes sense. One of our prior guilds' founders said we only got the points at the end of the Expedition. But this makes more sense. Thanks.