• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

QUEST OVERVIEW

• Thread starter DeletedUser29247
  • Start date

DeletedUser26120

Mobile just needs to remove the Yes/No thing to view quest conditions and it'd be great.

You actually don't have to click that by the way. If you know the quest name you can just cycle to it then go collect your production.

Figured that out the third time around on collecting saltpeter.

DeletedUser30943

I hadn't figured this out on beta, but now that I've got the new UI everywhere, I'm noticing a few minor issues that I'd like to see addressed:

Firstly, there's no way to see who the current Recurring Quest giver is. While it wasn't a perfect system in the first place (am I doing coins or supplies for Rinbin?), now, unless that quest giver happens to be the one pictured in the tab, I have no idea if I'm doing any quest for Rinbin at all, or if I'm doing Greva's or whomever else's.

Second, when more than one quest completes (whether at the same time or in sequence), you're only given notification of the first one; the second one completes invisibly.

Those are fairly minor issues, though, at least to me. Great to see the new UI on the live servers at last. It's much faster and easier to use than the older one.

DeletedUser12620

I hadn't figured this out on beta, but now that I've got the new UI everywhere, I'm noticing a few minor issues that I'd like to see addressed:

Firstly, there's no way to see who the current Recurring Quest giver is. While it wasn't a perfect system in the first place (am I doing coins or supplies for Rinbin?), now, unless that quest giver happens to be the one pictured in the tab, I have no idea if I'm doing any quest for Rinbin at all, or if I'm doing Greva's or whomever else's.

Second, when more than one quest completes (whether at the same time or in sequence), you're only given notification of the first one; the second one completes invisibly.

Those are fairly minor issues, though, at least to me. Great to see the new UI on the live servers at last. It's much faster and easier to use than the older one.

Once you do so many quests. you begin to understand who is speaking ;)

DeletedUser8891

You guys screwed up again.

We need to know the exact amount of coins we have collected, not 301.4k, so we know how much more we need to collect.

You just screwed up the GB Donation screen and now you screw up on this too.

Are you ever going to get anything right?

DeletedUser12620

You guys screwed up again.

We need to know the exact amount of coins we have collected, not 301.4k, so we know how much more we need to collect.

You just screwed up the GB Donation screen and now you screw up on this too.

Are you ever going to get anything right?

Baby steps

DeletedUser28832

I think I must be playing a different game than the rest of you. This new quest interface is abysmal. Where before I could collect 35 clockmaker RQ's with 20+UBQ, and the few collect supply quests all in 10 min. Now, it's been 20 min and I've got a third of it done. WTF was wrong with the previous method? Why should I have to scroll through the store quest to see only 1 of my open RQ's? Why is the abort button not on the same screen as the quest topic? Why do I have to swipe instead of a much faster click? Why is this UI so huge that you can't see around it?

I simply can't believe that you have anyone on beta who uses a quest looping (HQS) strategy.

DeletedUser26154

lemur

This new quest interface is abysmal.

I agree. My playing style is centered on repeatable quests, and my experience matches yours. The new system requires more time, not less — even with the removal of the "abort" button.

This radical and unnecessary change is the product of arrogance, incompetence and greed. The Mickey Mouse Club stole the Sorcerer's cap, and now they're running the game into the ground.

lavty

Below is the message I sent to support today and rather than rewriting, I posted here as they suggested.

In short, the new quest interface is terrible and certainly a downgrade.

"Hi, is there anyway to go back to the previous quest interface that was updated today? This new interface is an eye sore and makes me want to play less. Honestly I had been thinking about playing more worlds and dumping some money into this event, but now I feel like this new quest interface will drive me crazy.

This might seem overboard, but it isn't considering my fun of the game mostly derives from having a Chateau in each world and doing the quest loops. This now causes me to take more time scrolling through, with the chance of aborting the quest I am looking for by mistake, because I see the storyline first.

The aborting of the quest is also an eye sore, as the box has movement animation bounce effect.

I do hope this gets reverted back to the previous design, as I am not sure how much longer I can deal with this.

Is there a way for me to revert back to the previous quest interface?"

lavty

I agree. My playing style is centered on repeatable quests, and my experience matches yours. The new system requires more time, not less — even with the removal of the "abort" button.

This radical and unnecessary change is the product of arrogance, incompetence and greed. The Mickey Mouse Club stole the Sorcerer's cap, and now they're running the game into the ground.

Well said

DeletedUser26154

The quest interface is too large.
The rest of it seems fine so far.
I burn through Recurring Quests like it was my duty.
I notice the speed, because I adapted.

You can turn off the "Are you sure" option.
That right there, saves a lot of effort.
I go through 3 Recurring Quests all day long for my goods.
The new system is much too large.

images (8).jpg

Other than that, it's a blessing.

lemur

Actually the first version had it's problems and slowed things down.

It still slows things down. First of all, there is the ridiculously unnecessary moving graphics and each damn stage of the repeatable quest sequence — as if the programmers wanted to show off something new they learned about Flash. Second is the variable distance between buttons (not just the collection button) and the increase in distinct button locations. All of this slows down the process — even for someone with superior hand-eye coordination like me.

The finished product seems as though it will be more efficient than what is in the game now.

It isn't. Running through collections this evening, I could see that the new process takes longer than the old did — as I fell further and further behind the sequence of buildings showing ready for 24-hour collection.

DeletedUser28832

The quest interface is too large.
The rest of it seems fine so far.
I burn through Recurring Quests like it was my duty.
I notice the speed, because I adapted.

You can turn off the "Are you sure" option.
That right there, saves a lot of effort.
I go through 3 Recurring Quests all day long for my goods.
The new system is much too large.

View attachment 7240

Other than that, it's a blessing.

If that's your experience, then I believe what you're saying. However, I'd sure like to see a video of you collecting a city built on looping quests. I'm assuming you're collecting coins, collecting x times 24hr production, and pay coins/supplies as your three main quests. Those are the ones I'm doing and it now takes at least 3 times as long to complete using a tablet and more using a PC (in fairness though, it always took longer using a PC vs tablet).

I'm ok being wrong, just would like to see (with my own eyes) a regular player use this UI and be faster per quest.

DeletedUser28832

Unfortunately, no.

And that's unfortunate, because there will be a portion of your user base for whom this update absolutely destroys their ability to enjoy the game. I honestly can't believe your beta team includes even one person in Industrial Age or lower who built their city, ad game play, around looping through recurring quests. The reasons given why this update was so crucial are all minor annoyances that really didn't affect game play (except maybe that annoying 'do you really want to abort' dialog).

This sure looks like solving a problem that didn't exist. Clearly the Inno team has a vision of their application that is based on factors that don't include ease of use, speed of game play.

DeletedUser26154

I'd sure like to see a video of you collecting a city built on looping quests.

I can't make a video due to limits on what the forums allow.
I will document tomorrow's collection.
I've done that before in the 2017 Summer Event thread.
It's easy once you get the hang of it.

download.jpg

I love how you can turn off that "Are you sure" thing.

DeletedUser28021

Give me a separate button for each quest, rather than making me scroll to the quest I want. And don't label all non-event quests "story quest" - my first thought was some bug had dropped abortable quests entirely.

And put a button to accept the selected quest somewhere near the button to abort it - don't make me move the mouse waaaayyyy up to click the x on the big scrolling window.

Then this new interface will actually be an improvement, as it gives the benefit of not having to click twice to abort a quest. (And buttons have text labels, which is a desirable UI feature. Too bad they are innaccurate.)

Other than that, it's not consistent with the rest of the UI, so I fear you are going to introduce more must-scroll windows with larger buttons elsewhere in the UI .. with the big buttons crowding out other buttons making useful features no longer directly accessible.

And if you must keep the scrolling nonsense, don't move a quest slot while I have the window open. If I just collected an abortable quest, which you had moved to the first slot because it was complete, leave the rest of those quests in that slot until I close the window. But better to give each set of quests its own window, as in the prior UI.